Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just an idea... No big deal

Something that my help, 

Many games have both "talent trees" and "stances". 

- Talent trees are permanent points spent on defining a players rolls.
- Stances are temporary and situational. 

In many mmos Stances are often underdeveloped to the point it's unnoticeable.  If stances gave a stronger influence to class roles this could open the playing field and give more flexibility for groups. 

Have you ever had two tanks in your group, both specializing in tanking.  It sometimes goes beyond just wanting to be "tank".  They may not have a choice depending on how they built their character.

Have you ever played a healer ?...... I for one love it !...... But in every case I have to make hard choices.  How much do I want to sacrifice and gimp myself to be that strong healer. 

Well, how about giving stances a lot of love. 

Just a shot in the dark, what do you think ?

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited September 2017
    World of Warcraft eventually recognized this problem.  They later designed dual specializations . 

I think this was popular and without any ramification's.  

Post edited by delete5230 on
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    World of Warcraft eventually recognized this problem.  They later designed dual speculations. 

"Dual speculations?"

Word of the day: malapropism.
    immodium

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    DMKano said:
    Amathe said:
    World of Warcraft eventually recognized this problem.  They later designed dual speculations. 

"Dual speculations?"

Word of the day: malapropism.

I actually think that he just just didnt know what spec stood for and erroneously assumed it meant speculation.

Thats just a speculation on my part, I could be wrong.

Do you know how many people think JK stands for "joke"?

It is sometimes humorous and sometimes horrifying how new generations of internet-users have changed the culture of the internet. 

By stances I assume you mean the ability to seamlessly "swap" between roles or specializations? This is integrated into quite a few games, and heavily relies on class design having distinctive "roles" built in (or for classless games, it relies on having balanced risk/reward to swapping specs). 

Regarding 'stances' outside of class roles, this thread reminds me of a game I am sure a few of you played called Horizons, which used a rock-paper-scissors stance system for combat.