Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can this be solo friendly?

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
I dont mind playing in groups but I am a busy guy so committing to stuff is hard. Can you play this alone or be in a guild but get on with your own thing?

Comments

• giffy689giffy689 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited June 2017
    Just a thought have you posted this question on the official game website forum?
    Post edited by giffy689 on
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    It depends on what you want to do. If you want to hang out in the EKs all the time and play the economic game, you can do that solo, though it will be hard to get started since all but the most basic resources come from campaigns. If you want to be solo in a campaign, your best bet is to join a God's Reach campaign, which will include 3 factions. This will give you a faction controlled area in which you should be relatively safe, provided your faction isn't losing. I would also recommend being part of a guild. You won't be able to do everything yourself. You are going to need other people. 

If your faction or guild has a keep or other defensive structures, you can hang out there and be a crafter. That may suit your playstyle as you will use factories to automate crafting based on blueprints, similar to how it was done in SWG.
    JamesGoblinTokken
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Unless the design has changed recently, they were planning on having different kinds of Campaigns.

The less people you play with, the better the rewards.
    PvE worlds give the worst rewards.
    Then you have 3-faction worlds.
    Followed by 12-faction worlds.
    And ultimately, the Campaign with the best rewards is free-for-all.

If the design works well, it should be completely viable to work at your own pace. If you are an easy going player, you can slowly progress through the lower difficulty campaigns. At the same time, if you are a competitive player who simply doesn't want to commit to a bigger guild, I'd imagine you can still make some noise in the free-for-all rulesets.
    JamesGoblinSignex
    The free for all is likely to be dominated by guilds. They really have never said how the win conditions will work in the Dregs, but I doubt it will truly be every man for himself with only one player as the winner.

The good thing about the design of CF is that they can try lots of different rules and, if they don't work or aren't popular, they can try a bunch of different ones in new campaigns.
    JamesGoblinlaxie
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    No.

Not all activities require a guild or a group, but Crowfall is likely going to be one of the worse games for a solo player. You should look for another game to play.
    JamesGoblinBad.dog

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    There are PvE worlds ...really ? I thought this game was only PvP?

kitarad said:
    There are no real PvE worlds. Each player gets their own Eternal Kingdom, which is a world they can build by buying or crafting parcels and buildings. They are essentially housing on steroids. They contain only the most basic resources. The owner of each world can turn PvP on or off there, but 99.99999999999% of the PvP will happen in the campaign worlds. Campaign worlds have no safe zones and there are very strict rules as to what you can import from your EK to a campaign.

There is no traditional PvE in the game. No quests, no dungeons or raids. There will be mobs, but they are there mostly to add danger to the world. They will drop some reagents used in crafting, but no loot. All gear has to be crafted.
    JamesGoblinlaxieFaustina007
  • Faustina007Faustina007 Member CommonPosts: 4
    Arkade99 said:
    kitarad said:
    There are no real PvE worlds. Each player gets their own Eternal Kingdom, which is a world they can build by buying or crafting parcels and buildings. They are essentially housing on steroids. They contain only the most basic resources. The owner of each world can turn PvP on or off there, but 99.99999999999% of the PvP will happen in the campaign worlds. Campaign worlds have no safe zones and there are very strict rules as to what you can import from your EK to a campaign.

There is no traditional PvE in the game. No quests, no dungeons or raids. There will be mobs, but they are there mostly to add danger to the world. They will drop some reagents used in crafting, but no loot. All gear has to be crafted.

Well, I highly prefer PvP, and that is my desire when I play a game. HOWEVER, I still like the option to PvE if my mood so desires. I was looking at this game as a possibility, but the more I read, the less I dislike it :(

There are just sometimes I do want to do things alone and still obtain loot or experience. Those hangover days, pissed off mood, or just don't have a lot of time...those are the PvE times lol.
    JamesGoblin
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited July 2017
    It is a GvG, FvF, RvR type game with extensive interconnection that would foil any and all solo type players.  If you are not in a guild of 50+ or subbed to one you will likely get nowhere in Crowfall.  If you like guild PvP play and roaming and open world in search of real tactical fights, this is your game.  The 3-faction servers are likely the best bet for non guilded players to have any fun as stragglers and outsiders...   much better to be in the organization.
    JamesGoblin
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Arkade99 said:
    kitarad said:

Well, I highly prefer PvP, and that is my desire when I play a game. HOWEVER, I still like the option to PvE if my mood so desires. I was looking at this game as a possibility, but the more I read, the less I dislike it :(

There are just sometimes I do want to do things alone and still obtain loot or experience. Those hangover days, pissed off mood, or just don't have a lot of time...those are the PvE times lol.

Long time backer here (first kickstarter) 

Crowfall is group centric; however, everyone here is misinforming you to a degree. There are largely 3 archetype game worlds to choose from

1: Massive faction campaign worlds. These worlds revolve around FvF fighting, with limited open world FFA PvP (if any). You join up with a god and fight for the god's glory. This is entry level PvP and more casual focused. These worlds would be the most solo friendly, but offer the least in terms of transferable wealth across worlds. These worlds, supposedly (the game isn't finished yet), will have starter towns not built by players

2: Mult-faction PvP with guilds: A leg up from the massive faction campaign worlds were there are more than 2 faction vieing for territory. These will have better transferable wealth between worlds than the massive faction world campaigns 

3: The Dredges - Full open world PvP, highest wealth transfer rate between worlds, dominated by guilds. 

Now, if you didn't know, every game world DIES at some point and winners are chosen after the death of the world. These winners (factions, teams, guilds, and their members) get to keep stuff from the world to fight on another or take back to their Private Kingdom known as Eternal Kingdoms. There may be unique rewards from these places as well. Also, you can be a part of multiple campaigns at once (unless this changed since my last update check). So if you prefer Soloing or PvEing, the massive faction campaign worlds are more suited to you. If you like a mix, then multi-faction with guild worlds are for you. If you want the full FFA PvP full loot experience and get the best stuff and run with the big dogs then the dredges are for you.

This game is HEAVILY influenced by DAoC and ShadowBane and, in my limited experience, it corrects some of those mistakes already.

I do NOT recommend buying it right now. It is still very much in the testing phase. If you want to buy it and play it casually for a few months, I would hold off until Beta. 
    JamesGoblin

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20
    I hope there is room for solo players ^^

The game is looking good from here. 
    JamesGoblin
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Faction vs faction there will always be massive groups running around that solo players can join up with. In FFA servers solo players can expect to die a lot in.
    JamesGoblin
  • dpadvandaldpadvandal Member CommonPosts: 3
    game can be solo friendly. with the recent changes to skill progression and pathing, you can create whatever you want to play.

with everything craftable, you can jump from EK to EK for lowest tier resources for an initial start. some guilds and communities will have open EKs, while others might lock down access to members only. Craft guilds will probably have open markets on their EKs, so you won't ever feel "left out", but you can do whatever you want....just a slower-easier progression.

gaining land for EKs might be a bit rough, as rewards will depend on campaign settings. unless you're lucky and stumble upon a nice find and bring it to a spirit bank location :smile:

JamesGoblin