Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO - PvP server being added

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/477?lang=EN

no karma loss for PvP, and not really entirely sure what else...that could be the only change.

That should be nice for PvPers though, since karma is one of the biggest complaints for PvP in BDO.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

MikehaMaurgrim

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Yeah, it'll be really nice for the highly geared people.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Strange the pvp server in NA  seem to be the only server not crowded ....What's up with that ?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Eeeh as a pvpr there needs to be some risk imo. If Karma was the only thing that made people think, it needs to stay. A decision should be made on the worth of a kill.
    pantaro
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,374
    These patch notes don't make a lot of sense

A PvP Server Valencia6 (PvP) has been added.
    • Please note this server will have the addition of line _PvP to the title to indicate the unique ruleset.
    • The PvP server will allow players to battle other players and target mounts without experiencing a decrease in Karma. This is applied for damaging and/or killing off the targeted player or mount.
    • In addition, defeating monsters that would normally decrease your Karma will not do so anymore.
    • However, adventurers with Karma less than 0 (-1 or below) may be attacked by vigilantes in towns.
    • In addition, adventurers with Karma less than 0 (-1 or below) who are killed by other adventurers in the desert may be teleported to prisons.
    • PvP Server will not affect your Karma but the Karma and Penalty System you would have in other regular servers will be reflected the same.
    • If you die with Karma below a certain statistic, you will still be applied the same death penalty as you would receive in the other regular servers so please be cautious.
    • *please ignore the pop up message saying the karma will be decreased after a mount has been killed in the PVP channel. (it will be removed soon)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    edited September 2017
    bcbully said:
    Eeeh as a pvpr there needs to be some risk imo. If Karma was the only thing that made people think, it needs to stay. A decision should be made on the worth of a kill.
    Yeah, it would be one thing to revamp it so you just get karma loss the first time for a certain player.

That would encourage people to seek out different oponents and travel around in the world. It would make sense.

Cutting it completelly just take away peoples stake and make things less interesting is not a great idea.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Kyleran said:

• Please note this server will have the addition of line _PvP to the title to indicate the unique ruleset.
    • The PvP server will allow players to battle other players and target mounts without experiencing a decrease in Karma. This is applied for damaging and/or killing off the targeted player or mount.
    • In addition, defeating monsters that would normally decrease your Karma will not do so anymore.
    • However, adventurers with Karma less than 0 (-1 or below) may be attacked by vigilantes in towns.
    • In addition, adventurers with Karma less than 0 (-1 or below) who are killed by other adventurers in the desert may be teleported to prisons.
    • PvP Server will not affect your Karma but the Karma and Penalty System you would have in other regular servers will be reflected the same.
    • If you die with Karma below a certain statistic, you will still be applied the same death penalty as you would receive in the other regular servers so please be cautious.
    • *please ignore the pop up message saying the karma will be decreased after a mount has been killed in the PVP channel. (it will be removed soon)
    I think it's saying you don't accumulate karma from your actions on the PVP server but your karmic actions on other servers will cross over to the PVP server.
    Azaron_Nightblade
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Grunty said:
    Kyleran said:

I think it's saying you don't accumulate karma from your actions on the PVP server but your karmic actions on other servers will cross over to the PVP server.
    Yes, it's basically to prevent someone from being a complete douche on the regular servers, and then fleeing to the PvP server where they can farm their karma back to positive without the risk of suffering the repercussions for their earlier actions.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Most likely it'll remain empty because many people who claim to want PvP really just want to gank and grief people who can't effectively fight back.

"Fair fights? Bah! I just want to kill crafters and low level players because IRL I'm an insecure jackass with no self-esteem, and torturing animals for fun is illegal!" - 80% of 'hardcore' PvP players.
    Allerleirauh

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Most likely it'll remain empty because many people who claim to want PvP really just want to gank and grief people who can't effectively fight back.

"Fair fights? Bah! I just want to kill crafters and low level players because IRL I'm an insecure jackass with no self-esteem, and torturing animals for fun is illegal!" - 80% of 'hardcore' PvP players.
    actually, while I haven't got on it yet. Its supposedly easier to grind and do stuff on the PvP server than the regular servers :P Meaning its pretty empty from what I've heard. Though I dunno if it'll stay like that, since if more people hop onto it to "safely" grind, the PvPers would take notice.
    Azaron_Nightblade

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• RhyaukRhyauk Member UncommonPosts: 16
    edited September 2017

Exactly, three days in a row my play/immersion/entertainment was interrupted by other players ganking by that Heidel pass to Mediah.  Non-consensual PvP is a horrible idea in any game for the exact reason you describe.  I logged out, uninstalled the game and will not give PA and KaKao any more of my time and money.   Why most PvP channels have smaller populations than PvE only channels.  The open world PvP was a glitch from the start for BDO that the publisher forced to keep in BDO.  PA knew from early game design open world PvP is a challenge to bring to a large audience.  Everyone has their preference for play.  However, I will not be fodder in my entertainment time for another player's amusement. 
    MikehaGdemami
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Rhyauk said:

Exactly, three days in a row my play/immersion/entertainment was interrupted by other players ganking by that Heidel pass to Mediah.  Non-consensual PvP is a horrible idea in any game for the exact reason you describe.  I logged out, uninstalled the game and will not give PA and KaKao any more of my time and money.   Why most PvP channels have smaller populations than PvE only channels.  The open world PvP was a glitch from the start for BDO that the publisher forced to keep in BDO.  PA knew from early game design open world PvP is a challenge to bring to a large audience.  Everyone has their preference for play.  However, I will not be fodder in my entertainment time for another player's amusement. 
    But here's the thing, why are you playing a game that has this feature?

I swear, you guys do it to yourself. It's like going to a water park and complaining that you are getting wet (one of the reasons that I don't go to water parks).

So yeah, there are a lot of players with issues who play because they want to ruin another person's time AND get off on their crying/complaining. One can either play these games and be comfortable with the "it's no issue just hit return to town" attitude needed or not play these games.

Mikeha
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I may like the PvE parts enough to play it but I don't play it for the PvP.  Well, some games I do enjoy the PvP but those usually have PvP zones or flagging.  Don't usually like forced anything.  Devs tend to like anything that slows leveling which open world PvP has been known to do.
    MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    So now theres something more to do beside afk-grinding and spot-grinding in this game?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    So now theres something more to do beside afk-grinding and spot-grinding in this game?
    You could always pvp, this is just a server that removes the Karma Penalty.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    It will be very interesting to see how popular this PVP channel becomes...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,374
    Thank you.  This isn't a PVP "server" as traditionally delivered but rather a channel or set of channels players can transfer their character between, sort of what Aion did a few years back.

Be interesting to see how channel transfers are handled, can a player be at a certain location on the PVP channel see an approaching gank group quickly switch to a standard channel and find themselves in the same location?  
    MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RhyaukRhyauk Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Sovrath said:
    Rhyauk said:

But here's the thing, why are you playing a game that has this feature?

I swear, you guys do it to yourself. It's like going to a water park and complaining that you are getting wet (one of the reasons that I don't go to water parks).

So yeah, there are a lot of players with issues who play because they want to ruin another person's time AND get off on their crying/complaining. One can either play these games and be comfortable with the "it's no issue just hit return to town" attitude needed or not play these games.

Umm, reading is good.  Pretty sure I was clear that I am no longer playing..."I logged out, uninstalled the game and will not give PA and KaKao any more of my time and money."

Not complaining, just agreeing with the original post and comments, accounting my own experience and why I no longer play.  Man, get over yourself.
    MikehaGdemami
    Kyleran said:
    Thank you.  This isn't a PVP "server" as traditionally delivered but rather a channel or set of channels players can transfer their character between, sort of what Aion did a few years back.

Be interesting to see how channel transfers are handled, can a player be at a certain location on the PVP channel see an approaching gank group quickly switch to a standard channel and find themselves in the same location?  
    Yes, as long as they spot them coming quickly enough, and they aren't unlucky enough to have their channel hop on cool down (there's a 15 min CD between each switch).
    Kyleran

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited September 2017
    So... is this the first step for a PVE only channel? If they'd done a PVE-only one first there'd be a huge outcry. If they do it after this, they can get away with it.
    d_20Gdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    So... is this the first step for a PVE only channel? If they'd done a PVE-only one first there'd be a huge outcry. If they do it after this, they can get away with it.
    Maybe. A PvE only channel won't be without its own issues though. Trolls going out of their way to steal your mobs, knowing you can't touch them, being a very big one of them. Overpopulation will be another one lol.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Iselin said:
    And you know the pve channels will be packed all the time. They will need lots.
    Iselin

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    Maybe. A PvE only channel won't be without its own issues though. Trolls going out of their way to steal your mobs, knowing you can't touch them, being a very big one of them. Overpopulation will be another one lol.
    Yeah I've heard that traditional argument many times. I was thinking much more along the lines of fishing in peace lol.

It'd be interesting to see how the population eventually breaks down if there are as many standard, PVP and PVE channels as needed for the population.
    Azaron_Nightblade
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Yes, fishing in peace. People who gank others while fishing are not really looking for pvp, are they?
    MrMelGibson

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Yeah I've heard that traditional argument many times. I was thinking much more along the lines of fishing in peace lol.

It'd be interesting to see how the population eventually breaks down if there are as many standard, PVP and PVE channels as needed for the population.
    For life skilling it'd be great, yeah.

I can't ever see them implementing multiple PvE channels though, unless they actively make the decision to move away from PvP. I'm pretty sure the devs know that the majority of the players will flock to PvE channels if given half the chance.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

If PVE-only channels are introduced, the population ingame will most likely increase noticeably. Pearl Abyss will make more money, which should make them very happy.

The only question is how many PVP'ers will leave the game in protest ?

Would we see forum posts for the next 20 years complaining about how the PVE channels "ruined the game" ? Echoes of UO...
    Azaron_Nightblade