Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tyria By the Numbers - Almost 80 TRILLION XP Gathered! - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageTyria By the Numbers - Almost 80 TRILLION XP Gathered! - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 News - In the five years since the launch of Guild Wars 2, players have amassed some pretty amazing statistics including nearly 80 TRILLION earned experience points. To celebrate today's launch of the Path of Fire expansion, ArenaNet has put together a nifty little infographic to show off Tyria by the Numbers.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited September 2017
    Time to log on and see if I can transfer to my friend's server so we can do WorldvsWorld

Update: Still impossible to do the transfer. It's been 6 months since my first attempt. (Tried consecutively every day since) Well played, Arenanet. Brilliant.
    ZeroDarkPhirtyAlomarPhry
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    MMORPG's avoid listing concurrent player statistics like the plague

thus the new trends of listing total registered players (in a F2P game), engagement numbers, etc.

shareholders and prospective buyers want to know how a game is REALLY doing, current subs and current concurrent player range
    Phry

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    MMORPG's avoid listing concurrent player statistics like the plague

thus the new trends of listing total registered players (in a F2P game), engagement numbers, etc.

shareholders and prospective buyers want to know how a game is REALLY doing, current subs and current concurrent player range
    Yeah, but close to no-one is giving out those numbers anymore.
    Mikeha
  • DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Oh man, those 3 guys have been busy!
    AlomarAeanderlaxieSovrathXarkoxyzercrimeDeadSpock
  • Lambon23Lambon23 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited September 2017
    This some kind of marketing strategy?
    Honestly all these companies should feel ashamed. They have destroyed the MMORPG genre trying to mimic the golden egg laying goose.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    useless number , id be willing to wager that there at least a dozen games that could blow that number clear out of the water , if they chose to list such useless drivel
    AlomarcheyaneJeroKane
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Oh man, this is exciting news indeed! I'll just come back to the game I found boring and casual oriented and never had plans to return to because this number is so impressive. /sarcasm_off
    ScorchienAeanderJeroKane
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Alomar said:

Oh man, this is exciting news indeed! I'll just come back to the game I found boring and casual oriented and never had plans to return to because this number is so impressive. /sarcasm_off

lol I think they were just thanking the folks who play/played, it's not really a bragging session. Most developers know not every game is for everyone, and when it comes to MMOs people play multiples.

That's pretty much what I do these days. GW2 is my themepark MMO, ESO I play for story and lore, and SWG-emu I play for the sandbox and crafting aspects. It sucks not one MMO can rule them all, but that's just the way it is.
    ThupliJeleena
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Nightshade98Nightshade98 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Nice! Can't wait to max the HELL OUT!
  • kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47
    What word represents a sarcastic, derogatory, non-substantive or just silly posting such as we see here from MMO Games Number Experts , correct word is "shitposts".
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited September 2017
    Sure didn't take long for the trolls to step in. *Grabs popcorn.* Today is a good day. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Blizzard type advertising...oh wait they are former Blizzard employees no wonder,seems they learned every lame trick in the book.
    Really it is not a big deal if the XP is tough to come by ...EARNED but just so happens i watched how pitiful the game gives xp away...TODAY.

Female player,seemingly more happy about jumping around on a raptor mount than anything ,leaps across a gorge....1400 xp lmao,literally did nothing and was rewarded a large sum of xp...sigh.

I would feel embarrassed,duped,the developer seems to think giving me easy free xp will keep me coming back excited,in reality it completely turns me off.I just finished mentioning another endorsed game here a few weeks back,i literally walked to another npc and went from level 1>2 i was like seriously wtf,how lame and seems this is common across most games.

Bad enough so much hand holding but trying to bribe us or makes us feel important with easy free xp is a turnoff to me and not something i would be bragging about.

I have to mention the same thing i said about Blizzard when they do this exact same thing..WHY,why can't the developer think of ONE good thing to endorse the game with instead of bragging about numbers?

Numbers is a form of BRAGGING and everywhere in life it is a form of bragging,NOBODY likes to hear bragging,it is insulting to our intelligence,it is like you are saying you are better than someone else.
    AeanderHiromant

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2017
    BTW the eleven million number is also misleading crap because we all know there is not 11 million playing,they are simply doing this as a shove it in your face marketing ploy and it simply comes off making Arena.net look very lame. Word going around was about 3 million per month and how often or possibly the max being partial play time ,is up for argument.

They are talking about sold copies which is not a SHARED journey because MANY have already quit playing and if we account for NEW players ,that means even more of the original players have long left and if accounting for the many who have multiple accounts players,it lowers the value even more.

Bottom line is there are better things in gaming to talk about that trying to manipulate numbers.This kind of stuff creates anger from both sides of the fence.
    AeanderGhavrigglecram64

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Wizardry said:
    BTW the eleven million number is also misleading crap because we all know there is not 11 million playing,they are simply doing this as a shove it in your face marketing ploy and it simply comes off making Arena.net look very lame. Word going around was about 3 million per month and how often or possibly the max being partial play time ,is up for argument.

They are talking about sold copies which is not a SHARED journey because MANY have already quit playing and if we account for NEW players ,that means even more of the original players have long left and if accounting for the many who have multiple accounts players,it lowers the value even more.

Bottom line is there are better things in gaming to talk about that trying to manipulate numbers.This kind of stuff creates anger from both sides of the fence.
    You must really get off on shitting on every game that is posted here.  Your life must be pretty miserable.  I feel bad for you.
    BananaSoupCaboSoulNephethKanethJeleenalecram64
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    edited September 2017

Wizardry said:

Blizzard type advertising...oh wait they are former Blizzard employees no wonder,seems they learned every lame trick in the book.

Really it is not a big deal if the XP is tough to come by ...EARNED but just so happens i watched how pitiful the game gives xp away...TODAY.

Female player,seemingly more happy about jumping around on a raptor mount than anything ,leaps across a gorge....1400 xp lmao,literally did nothing and was rewarded a large sum of xp...sigh.

I would feel embarrassed,duped,the developer seems to think giving me easy free xp will keep me coming back excited,in reality it completely turns me off.I just finished mentioning another endorsed game here a few weeks back,i literally walked to another npc and went from level 1>2 i was like seriously wtf,how lame and seems this is common across most games.

Bad enough so much hand holding but trying to bribe us or makes us feel important with easy free xp is a turnoff to me and not something i would be bragging about.

I have to mention the same thing i said about Blizzard when they do this exact same thing..WHY,why can't the developer think of ONE good thing to endorse the game with instead of bragging about numbers?

Numbers is a form of BRAGGING and everywhere in life it is a form of bragging,NOBODY likes to hear bragging,it is insulting to our intelligence,it is like you are saying you are better than someone else.

Moaning again lol. You must be a very sad person IRL. I actually pity you.
    MrMelGibsonGreyhavenNephethPanther2103GhavriggxyzercrimeKanethlecram64
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited September 2017
    Hope my sister catch up soon so we can start pof! What I really dislike is my bag, it get so full fast! Got 6 bags with 18 space .

Together with my sister:

MrMelGibsonGreyhavenNephethlecram64

• Heatsink00Heatsink00 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I wouldn't call a bunch of meaningless numbers "fun and fascinating." They're trying to do marketing, but throwing out arbitrary stats isn't inspiring for the brand. Well, maybe it would be if this were for Eve Online, because you know, spreadsheets and stuff are exciting for their playerbase. ;)
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I wouldn't call a bunch of meaningless numbers "fun and fascinating." They're trying to do marketing, but throwing out arbitrary stats isn't inspiring for the brand. Well, maybe it would be if this were for Eve Online, because you know, spreadsheets and stuff are exciting for their playerbase. ;)
    You are right, instead of using Wows boring marketting they should copy the good one and call Mr T instead. Only smart marketting move I seen a MMO do :) (yeah, I like Mr T :)). 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I'm a NightElf Mohawk!!
    Chamber of Chains
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Dragnelus said:
    Hope my sister catch up soon so we can start pof! What I really dislike is my bag, it get so full fast! Got 6 bags with 18 space .

Together with my sister:

That belly button attachment worries me. I had mine ripped off it was painful so coming from that experience you'll understand.
    MrMelGibsonTillerDragneluslecram64
    Chamber of Chains
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Eve players on the other hand enjoy blowing things up, and watching them get blown up, indeed the animations of things exploding in Eve is something that gets a lot of development time. Of course the other thing Eve does is display exactly how many players are online at any given time, no faking numbers involved. Spreadsheets are probably a good idea if you manage a lot of POS' POCO's etc because of refueling and things, or moon mining, but the average player, just wants to blow something up :p
  • kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47

Wizardry said:

Moaning again lol. You must be a very sad person IRL. I actually pity you.

I cant agree more with u its sad how he cant understand that theres other things in this case game that other ppl like he thinks his center of the Universe how sad it is :( , those numbers are men't for us GW2 community cose its somehow traditional that we get something in that form on big release.
    GreyhavenNephethMrMelGibsonlecram64
  • GreyhavenGreyhaven Member UncommonPosts: 38
    You know I have decided not to hang for another expansion...but damn guys what's with all the snark?

The game is really popular and a lot of people play it, it does so well that it allows about 150 people to live in one of the most expensive areas of the Northwestern united states and provide profit enough for one of the most cut throat publishers to keep it going.

Honestly that's all you need to know.
    [Deleted User]JeleenaDeadSpock
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I'm just really surprised that there are more human male warriors than female ones. RIP female human meta.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

Dhaenon said:

Oh man, those 3 guys have been busy!

If you played this game recently every zone I go into has people all over the map, this game feels more alive than FFXIV, and WoW.
    TillerGhavrigglecram64DeadSpock