Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueHole Eying Fortnite Battle Royale Similarities - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I'm pretty sure Fortnite developers are profoundly thankful to the PUBG ones for the free and massive advertisement of their game. I mean, you couldn't elevate more a potential competitor, even if you tried.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I wonder if this statement about potentially going after Epic is going to EPICally fail in the end. The prevailing winds on most sites where I've seen this story covered is that BH is out of line and should back off this stance.
    SlyLoK[Deleted User]KyleranMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    This whole thing makes no sense at all. Maybe they think they can strong arm competition out to try to corner the market. But there have been Battle Royal games before and will be long after.

They aren't using their brains.
    SBFord[Deleted User]
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    There's been no legal action guys, and there won't be more than likely.  The point of this is simply to discredit a competitor that goes F2P in 4 days.

They are scared.
    BruceYee
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    which ever game has the best anti cheat is the one i would play.
    Kyleran
  • ArimaWasTakenArimaWasTaken Member UncommonPosts: 21

There's been no legal action guys, and there won't be more than likely.  The point of this is simply to discredit a competitor that goes F2P in 4 days.

They are scared.

I honestly don't think they are "scared". It's not that easy to steal audience from a record breaking game and make them go to your new and not as trendy game. Plus, only time will tell how they will manage F2P as it isn't always pretty.

To all this matter, again, only time will tell.
  • leon09leon09 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    So Bluehole hire a guy to create a game from a game mode hes released carbon copies for two other companies before (ARMA? and H1Z1?) and then complain when another game is similar to theirs?

You BUILT your game on 99% similarities to other games and now your going to complain its being done to you? Hahaha comical.

I might be being skeptical but maybe, just maybe this has more to do with them not liking another company giving away the game mode for free where upto now its cost in the games that have used it.

They are scared.

I honestly don't think they are "scared". It's not that easy to steal audience from a record breaking game and make them go to your new and not as trendy game. Plus, only time will tell how they will manage F2P as it isn't always pretty.

Never underestimate the power of free.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Shooting yourself in the foot is probably the best way to go about business.
    SBFord[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    H1Z1 doesn't feel like PUBG, however Fortnite does at least to me with a few twists and being more cartoony.
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    This about as dumb as rebellion sueing stardock over the word rebellion.
  • iamjackbanditiamjackbandit Member UncommonPosts: 8

i mean if thats the case couldnt h1z1 file a lawsuit towards PubG?

No because Player Unknown created it for H1Z1
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

i mean if thats the case couldnt h1z1 file a lawsuit towards PubG?

Can't. PlayerUnknown created the Battle Royal mode for DayZ, then worked with SOE (Now Daybreak) to create H1Z1, and has now moved to Bluehole Studios to make his own Battle Royal game. He is the creator of the mode. However, Fornite has no relation to Playerunknown.
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

They are scared.

Thing is, I've played the new battle royal mode on Fortnite. It's not that good. I don't think Bluehole has much to worry about when it comes to players switching over.
  • mail103mail103 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Why is the developer complaining? he also copied " Arma 3 , and H1Z1 ", He must be desperate for money if he's gonna sue them.
  • jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Bluehole clarified their statement. They have no issue with the game itself but the fact that Epic is mentioning PUBG in their advertising.
    [Deleted User]
    Lusts said:

They are scared.

Thing is, I've played the new battle royal mode on Fortnite. It's not that good. I don't think Bluehole has much to worry about when it comes to players switching over.
    It's also brand new and unfinished by the devs own admission.  They are constantly planning updates and the dev team is the Unreal Tournament team.  I don't see it dethroning PUBG, but I can see it getting a lot of people to switch as it develops.