Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iOS Version Arrives as a Free Download - Vendetta Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageiOS Version Arrives as a Free Download - Vendetta Online - MMORPG.com

Vendetta Online News - Guild Software has sent word that Vendetta Online is now available on the App Store as a free download for any mobile system that features iOS 10 or above. The game will allow players to command their own vessels and explore a galaxy with thousands of others online. In addition, it supports MFi game controllers.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    You should try this on mobile, especially if you have an iPhone; it may just change your opinion of what constitutes a "mobile MMORPG".

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I've seen this game a few times, I was always wondering if it was actually any good? It reminded me of Freelancer from the videos I saw. 
    I've seen this game a few times, I was always wondering if it was actually any good? It reminded me of Freelancer from the videos I saw. 
    Try it and see!  There are many reasons to love the game.  If you want to get in to the nuts and bolts, I found this interview/podcast to be very informative:

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

Is the population pretty good? I'll check out that video when I'm home from work.
    Is the population pretty good? I'll check out that video when I'm home from work.
    I have no idea; as a player of 14 years it seems to be currently low-ish, but you have to take into account the size of the world. The iPhone launch should help. 

My impression is that it's much more active (like, an order of magnitude) than a game such as Ryzom.

It's slow-paced as video games go, but the exciting moments have really big payoffs.  With over 1,700 hours invested I'd easily consider it my favorite video game of all time. 
    Ridelynn

Oh okay, I did enjoy Ryzom even with the low population. I'll give it a shot once I get home. Thanks for the information!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Will it work on my ipad air 2?

If so I'll likely give this game a try

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited September 2017
    You should try this on mobile, especially if you have an iPhone; it may just change your opinion of what constitutes a "mobile MMORPG".
    ROFL for anyone trying to play this on a phone!

And yep, it is a fun game, just not on a phone.
    Phaserlight
    Kyleran said:
    Will it work on my ipad air 2?

If so I'll likely give this game a try
    As I read this press release if it runs iOS 10 or later then it should.

Ozmodan said:
    ROFL for anyone trying to play this on a phone!

And yep, it is a fun game, just not on a phone.
    I played for a few minutes on my phone, it seemed to run really well like constant 60+ fps it looked like and the controls were pretty alright for a phone game. I'm sure the PC version is way better but I can't draw a conclusion without trying it.
    Phaserlight