Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation - Pax West Pre-Alpha Tutorial

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Not feeling the combat system, spell effects or character models. :(

IRandompantaro
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    That video made me trust this game even less than I did before.

The segment with the 10-20 people at their desks looks like it was set up that day just for the filming of the video.
    Mikeha
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    PvP arenas are such a waste of resources for an MMORPG in my oppinion. There are so many MMO games out there which just focus on PvP arenas and even PvE arenas a real MMORPG can never compete with them. And those are the games which are played by the huge majority of PvPers. I wonder why. Either do open world PvP or don't bother at all because of griefing etc which is fine for me too.
    But that's just my oppinion of course. ;)
    Regarding Ashes, too early, too little to see to get any real impression what it will be in the end.
    pantaro
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Somehow they've managed to make a game that looks like a knock-off of a knock-off MMO. Like someone copied Aion and then AoC copied the copy. Kind of impressive in its own sad way.

But it's only alpha, but it's only beta, but it's only early access . . . I'm sure it'll be amazing when it's launched. You should click on someone's referral code to play this amazing game!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Don't like the combo bar, why would you want to spend 90% of your time watching a bar when you have a beautiful game to look at? That needs to change to a visual cue. I like the combat speed. 
    [Deleted User]IRandom
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I stopped the video as soon as i saw it was by Intrepid and the dude was feeding us BS about how great the gamer and team is.
    You cannot work for a business and toot your own horn,you show us what you got and WE decide.
    even then i find it really tough to know who i can trust when watching videos.

Example a famous guy like the famous Brit dude Total Biscuit ,pfft i wouldn't trust him for a split second.So it is really tough to find videos with an unbiased person giving us details on the game.The other option is dev videos of game play but they take 20 minutes of goofing around and introductions before anything happens and puts me to sleep.
    pantaroBruceYeeIRandom

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Wizardry said:
    I stopped the video as soon as i saw it was by Intrepid and the dude was feeding us BS about how great the gamer and team is.
    You cannot work for a business and toot your own horn,you show us what you got and WE decide.

Example a famous guy like the famous Brit dude Total Biscuit ,pfft i wouldn't trust him for a split second.So it is really tough to find videos with an unbiased person giving us details on the game.The other option is dev videos of game play but they take 20 minutes of goofing around and introductions before anything happens and puts me to sleep.
    the man does seem to love his buzzwords lol the more he talks the more i'm thinking glad i protected my wallet from you pal lmao
    BruceYee
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Mikeha said:
    Not feeling the combat system, spell effects or character models. :(

I agree if the gameplay footage was in beta stage, It's in pre alfa so yeah, plenty of things can happen along the way to full release.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Wizardry said:
    Paranoid much are we?
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    character models need help. Good with the rest of it.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    This is the problem with a company being really open about their game during development. You guys are judging a game only a few months after the Kickstarter ended. This is like pre pre alpha. It is pretty impressive to have anything playable at this point. Its going to be another year and a half before they move into their first alpha. 

If you want companies to be more open about the game during development you are going to have to provide positive feedback. Not just "Game looks bad". Cant believe you are are still questioning the validity of the game considering the amount of progress we have seen already. They aren't even taking pledges right now so what do they have to gain from you guys? 
    MaurgrimIRandomKyleranShaigh
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited September 2017
    pantaro said:
    Wizardry said:

the man does seem to love his buzzwords lol the more he talks the more i'm thinking glad i protected my wallet from you pal lmao
    I know it's probably a compliment but this is what the video reminded me of when I watched it.

Slapshot1188IRandomSpottyGekkopantaro
  • SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20
    Why all the hate? Looks good to me, thanks for sharing!
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    DMKano said:
    Actually looks very good for an early pre-alpha.

You guys have no idea how bad pre-alphas of major blockbuster MMOs were... ugh
    Quite so.

But then again, today's "pre-alpha" is yesterday's closed beta...
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I worry about the mass pvp, it seems like their is way too much AE control/dmg.   It looks like it will be easy to abuse and be cheesy (like Archeage).  I wish pvp games would get further away from AE cc/dmg.  
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Actually looks very good for an early pre-alpha.

You guys have no idea how bad pre-alphas of major blockbuster MMOs were... ugh
    Quite so.

But then again, today's "pre-alpha" is yesterday's closed beta...

Not quite - I mean it varies greatly by studio. I've played (and still do) play a lot of pre-alpha MMOs, and all the major AAA studios have VERY ROUGH pre-alphas just like they used to have 10-15 years ago.

Now Kickstarter/Indie games - yep their "pre-alphas" are usually complete misnomers.
    Ashes of Creation is a kickstarter indie game, so it probably falls more under the "today's pre-alpha is yesterday's closed beta" category more than the definition of pre-alpha that you just described.