Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Get Higher Light Level and Get Over the Hump in Destiny 2 - Destiny 2 Guides

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageHow to Get Higher Light Level and Get Over the Hump in Destiny 2 - Destiny 2 Guides

The Leviathan raid is here, you want to do it… but first you need to bump your light level (item level, basically). How do you do that without going mad? We’re here to help. Read on for our quick guide to the activities you should be doing to raise your Destiny 2 Light Level over the hump and to 265 and beyond.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WerewolfsamuraiWerewolfsamurai Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Also with the legendary mods you are able to trade in 3 of a normal mod to the arms dealer for a legendary version once you hit 280, which can bump a player to about 283.
    [Deleted User]GazimoffBillMurphy
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    So here's what I don't fully understand. So the light level on an item caps out, but the mods allow it to go higher than the cap? I am at light level 260 or 261 or something and don't really understand how the mods work really. By default do the legendaries have mods on them?
    [Deleted User]
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

So here's what I don't fully understand. So the light level on an item caps out, but the mods allow it to go higher than the cap? I am at light level 260 or 261 or something and don't really understand how the mods work really. By default do the legendaries have mods on them?

Many do, yes.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    simply not worth the time or repetition past 265'ish (bit higher with some lucky drops) unless you like raiding, nightfalls, or trials

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180

simply not worth the time or repetition past 265'ish (bit higher with some lucky drops) unless you like raiding, nightfalls, or trials

So basically not worth the time unless you plan to do 90% of the end-game activities?

ROFLed hard
  • RomeoRomeoRomeoRomeo Member UncommonPosts: 48

What kinda comment even is this? You should be ashamed.
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    i guess you guys forgot that 70% of players in D1 didn't finish a raid, majority didn't do trials, and over half didn't do nightfalls

lack of matchmaking means players ignore it

end-game is just one raid that we repeat, nightfalls are the same strikes we already do with extra friction, and trials is just crucible with more tryhards. Not really new content except for the raid. 

just more repetition of the SAME content.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    why is there no matchmaking? is there really a forum on Bungies website I saw the other day where people SPAM for groups in 2017?
    Geddon95405
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Not even out on the PC yet.  Just gave my Xbox away, I have not played it in ages.  If a game is not on the PC it is not worth talking about.  Consoles to me are a major step down.