Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2Wire shutting down

BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
EQ2Wire is shutting down: http://eq2wire.com

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Wow that's sad. I loved his articles and coverage.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Wouldn't be surprised if the game itself is next.
    Thebeastttcraftseeker
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Not surprising for site that caters to a declining .. almost dying .. game. 
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited September 2017
    When fan sites (major ones anyway) start shutting down, its a very bad sign for the game itself. 

And from EQ2Wire post, relations with DayBreak Games sound bad and he (a long time EQ2 fan, enough to make a large site) is no longer happy with the game. Sure maybe that is personal issues...but Daybreak Games IS an investment company (or at least owned by one) that has no use in an MMORPG company.

So why is an investment company, well known for making a quick profit and then selling out or closing the company is investing in a pretty low paying MMO? Because EQ2 isn't 15 dollars, the subscription covers multiple games.

It is very suspicious an investment company has any use in video games at all when they never were even part of the video game industry. Especially one well known for selling out or shutting things down, and only looking to make a quick profit.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Very unfortunate to hear. I know how important sites like these are to older games like EQ/2/even FFXI. I couldn't have survived in FFXI without sites like these.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Actually as a game grows older it becomes very hard to find information and sites that cover the game. This is very sad for the people still playing this game and any who intend to try it.
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I'm sure the five people still playing EQ2 are absolutely crushed by this news.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    I'm sure the five people still playing EQ2 are absolutely crushed by this news.
    There are still five people willing to play this game?
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    I used to enjoy this game.  That is before I lost access control of my account.  EQ, Planetside, SWG, MxO, EQ2, and Vanguard were great games.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.