Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes Base Class skills reveal

2»

Comments

• PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Phry said:
    Presumably then you have to choose fighter and then ranger subclass to get a dual wielding ranger that does not use bows. I can see a lot of problems ahead for this game.
    You are presuming too much about a game we know very little about. To be honest I am a little worried about them showing the game so early at PAX because people may get the wrong idea about the game. This is going to be like 20% of what the real game will offer. I just hope it is good. Never would have thought they would have a playable version of the game only a few months after the kickstarter ended.
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    edited September 2017
    Ponzini said:
    Phry said:
    Presumably then you have to choose fighter and then ranger subclass to get a dual wielding ranger that does not use bows. I can see a lot of problems ahead for this game.
    You are presuming too much about a game we know very little about. To be honest I am a little worried about them showing the game so early at PAX because people may get the wrong idea about the game. This is going to be like 20% of what the real game will offer. I just hope it is good. Never would have thought they would have a playable version of the game only a few months after the kickstarter ended.

So you're saying that the PRE_ALPHA will show the 20% of game's content? LOL. Now i am really concerned about the amount of content when the game goes gold...
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Here's another explanation of the Archetype/Class system for Ashes.  We're definitely going to have to start employing the correct terminology with Ashes so as not to drive everyone crazy.  There are 8 Archetypes in Ashes.  (http://ashesofcreation.wikia.com/wiki/Archetypes)   Each Archetype is modified at character creation by Race and, apparently, religion.  Then, a little later, you choose another archetype.  And only then have you defined your Class.  Rabbit explains it all for you:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/32502/how-the-class-system-works

So throw all those "blah, standard classes" concerns out the window.  This is a much more open and interesting Archetype system. 
    [Deleted User]Albatroes
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Since every developer the last 5-7 years have been like used car salesmen selling lemons,i will wait for the entire package before doing a lot of homework.

I will say that great classes/abilities are a very important way to start designing your game but you still need a LOT more than that to pull it together as something special.
    As to optimism and pessimism ,well that depends on what is being offered and that depends on each individual.

I see people split on open ended or specialized classes,i will and ALWAYS and likely many more years to come ,point at FFXI as the best way to design a class structure of any game out there.That is because it covers BOTH bases,still specialized with an option to make your class very diverse.

I will make a point that i hope all look at when commenting on a game,especially it's class/combat structure and why i need  to see the finished product.Would people be happy if they got AMAZING abilities and spells if mobs just drop in 1 second and it takes no thinking what sop ever to kill something?That is why the entire package needs to be great not just a spell or an ability.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited September 2017
    Reintroducing roles and class inter dependency ? yeah could smell a bit like that.
    Post edited by kjempff on
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Really like what I see so far except one thing:
    Are they really calling the class Tank? That's a role, not a class! And besides it's too technical a term.
    Warrior, Knight, Fighter, Paladin, Soldier-- literally anything would have been better than Tank!
    I guess that would be like calling the other classes DPS, Healer, and CC.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Hard to tell at this point when so much of the game boils down to how it functions as a whole.  So far so good.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20
    The more I see of the game, the more excited I get! I honestly can't wait for late 2018!!

I can see why people are trying not to get hyped after the recent failures of many MMO, but these guys have the funding!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Satanikz said:
    The more I see of the game, the more excited I get! I honestly can't wait for late 2018!!

I can see why people are trying not to get hyped after the recent failures of many MMO, but these guys have the funding!
    They do? Stephen said it would cost around $30M to deliver the base game, and while we know about $3M for features on top of that from the KSer, I've yet to see confirmation of the full funding.  (Likely we never will of course)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon