Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Alpha Testing Begins, Are You In? - Wild West Online - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Was watching a few streams of this last night and the game looked like shit, With that said it is early Alpha. Personally if Cowboys & Indians online is your thing i would just wait for Red dead Redemption 2. After the success of GTA online you know Rockstar is going to push this as a major feature for the game.
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Asheram said:

I am glad I didnt pull the trigger and buy this.

While I agree the game has problems, the Live Stream video shows more a guy that doesn't seem to have a clue. His big rant seemed to be no sounds 'of any kind!!!!". Well yes there were no nature sounds, but I heard his pistol being reloaded and I heard the gunfire so I say check your system on that.

He also makes a big fuss over there being no other people in the game. Hmmm, closed Alpha for only the people that bought a certain package, so no there won't be alot of people about and especially not way out in the middle of no where and at the edge of the map.''

His other rant was 'there's nothing to do'. Dude even Laura Ingalls knew on 'Little House on the Prairie' that the only thing to do out in the middle of no where is to fall down. Did you try playing Poker in the saloon? How about gold mining? Or hang out by a camp to ambush people? No you just ran around in the wilderness.

The only real things I got out of the video was;

- didn't like the arm movements, especially when punching. There was kind of a blurred arm thing going that looked off.

- farm house was the same style as shown in the trailer. Is there only 1 house layout? If so that's sad.

- couldn't jump out the window of the house like you see in almost any western movie. Don't know if he could have shot the other guy he saw through the window.

- the little red skull on the guy that shot him in the beginning to mark him as an enemy. I can see why it's there, but would rather not have it.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    If this game had a release date of December 2018, I'd be agreeing with all the "What did you expect from an alpha game" comments.

But it's supposedly launching in 3 months time !

Given that small detail, the state of this "alpha" game is atrocious.

Everything about it has "Sergey Titov" written all over it. I'm actually starting to admire him in a weird sort of way, He's got a talent for exploiting gullible gamers, and it seems to work every time... :D
    But is it "launching" finished product or early access? it's a good point but I suspect it's an early access game in which case that's a "let the buyer beware" situation and people need to know that they are buying into an unfinished game.

[Deleted User]ConstantineMerus
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

SBFord said:

Funny how an unfinished game keeps rerolling as an Alpha just by changing the theme and title of the game.

Sadly being promoted by MMORPG.com.

Hardly promoted. We've put up news about a game that people have been and maybe still are very interested in. A big portion of the community has wanted a wild west themed game and this one had potential. Writing news about a game that suits some people's notions of what they'd like to see is hardly promotion.

Without a doubt folks want a Western themed MMO and I'm all for it.

However, what you described falls in line of promoting or marketing any business or product. Since this is actually a Social Media website, as a writer you're encouraging and influencing your readers with your opinion or any information regarding these games.

Like it or not, there is no way out of it.
    [Deleted User]
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited September 2017
    Nebless said:

While I agree the game has problems, the Live Stream video shows more a guy that doesn't seem to have a clue. His big rant seemed to be no sounds 'of any kind!!!!". Well yes there were no nature sounds, but I heard his pistol being reloaded and I heard the gunfire so I say check your system on that.

He also makes a big fuss over there being no other people in the game. Hmmm, closed Alpha for only the people that bought a certain package, so no there won't be alot of people about and especially not way out in the middle of no where and at the edge of the map.''

His other rant was 'there's nothing to do'. Dude even Laura Ingalls knew on 'Little House on the Prairie' that the only thing to do out in the middle of no where is to fall down. Did you try playing Poker in the saloon? How about gold mining? Or hang out by a camp to ambush people? No you just ran around in the wilderness.

The only real things I got out of the video was;

- didn't like the arm movements, especially when punching. There was kind of a blurred arm thing going that looked off.

- farm house was the same style as shown in the trailer. Is there only 1 house layout? If so that's sad.

- couldn't jump out the window of the house like you see in almost any western movie. Don't know if he could have shot the other guy he saw through the window.

- the little red skull on the guy that shot him in the beginning to mark him as an enemy. I can see why it's there, but would rather not have it.
    Sorry, at the time I posted those were the only streams up on youtube that were in english. I am glad though you got something out of it ;)
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I would love a good western MMO.  Everything is out there and can be adapted.  Take bows from Rangers class, Guns from a lot of MMO's as well as horses.  It should'nt be to hard to reskin a lot of that to adapt to a western feel.  I guess a simple survival game would be the easiest way to start.  

I hasn't written this game off just yet.  It often takes a year or two even after launch for a game to reach it's full potential.  It's just that starting with forced PvP turns off a lot of potential players from the start.  Time will tell, it depends on how it's done.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited September 2017
    I would love a good western MMO.  Everything is out there and can be adapted.  Take bows from Rangers class, Guns from a lot of MMO's as well as horses.  It should'nt be to hard to reskin a lot of that to adapt to a western feel.  I guess a simple survival game would be the easiest way to start.  

I hasn't written this game off just yet.  It often takes a year or two even after launch for a game to reach it's full potential.  It's just that starting with forced PvP turns off a lot of potential players from the start.  Time will tell, it depends on how it's done.
    Go ahead and write it off. The real thing is only a few months away.

And yes, it will also be online:

"Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience."

[Deleted User]AsheramSlapshot1188MadFrenchie
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

And there are all kinds of storylines they can garner from, like a quest line made from movies like Bone Tomahawk and others.
    RDR2 is only on the consoles so this game could still go somewhere with just a pc player base if they made it more than just a pvp hunt.
    Octagon7711
    edited September 2017
    Torval said:
    I don't think RDR2 will be a console exclusive. GTA Online has been wildly successful for the PC. Microsoft is strongly promoting their cross platform XB1 to PC experience. I'll make the call they're going to go multiplatform. You can 'nanananana' me if I'm wrong. :tongue: They might release XB1/PS4 first with a month PC delay, like D2, but I doubt it.
    That would be cool and all but I wouldn't hold your breathe for one month after as it took them a year and a half to release GTA V on the pc after its initial console release. Hopefully that was just because they were working on bringing it to ps4/xbox1 first.
    [Deleted User]
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    If their (RDR2) console market gets saturated I can see them expanding to pc to increase profits.  
    Asheram

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Please, stop discussing "developers" and "development stages." It makes you all sound clueless.

Yeah but its the developers fault for selling alpha test. Its the dumbest thing to happen in game development. This game will be trashed up until it launches because of this.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Please, stop discussing "developers" and "development stages." It makes you all sound clueless.
    Well then, by all means, share your knowledge and add to the conversation.
    ConstantineMerusKyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo