Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your favorite fallback game?

2»

Comments

• valkerusvalkerus Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Warhammer Total War. I love the lore and there are some great, creative people out there modding on Steam that can keep the game fresh.  I usually just read here and rarely post but those talking playing Vanilla WoW has totally peaked my interest. 
    [Deleted User]
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited September 2017
    Diablo 3 and Hearthstone. I get a craze every year or so. Not due to falling back to.

I too have about 50 singleplayer games on my queue and juggling a few MMOs as well. 
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Diablo 3 and Hearthstone. I get a craze every year or so. Not due to falling back to.

I too have about 50 singleplayer games on my queue and juggling a few MMOs as well. 
    I think Hearthstone is ultra-fucked at this point, so I applaud anyone that can still enjoy it.  Blizzard took a game with huge potential and utterly wrecked it in the space of a few expansions.

Well... to be honest, I have no clue what are you talking about! :| But then again, I just log-in and do a hundred matches or so then I'm done for another year. I don't care about nothing, not even winning those matches. 
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Right now I'm playing black desert online, its really good for a casual and solo experience with still a lot of social activities (social doesn't mean forced grouping)

Also playing Ultima Online, its my fall back MMO for when I want a sandbox experience. Its great for a casual and solo experience, but offers TONS of social activities (more than BDO in some ways, at least in terms of world events and player made events). 

Playing Star Citizen too, but I don't play it that much...instead I mostly play...

Elite dangerous is my fall back for a relaxing space MMO. By far my favorite space game released to this date, it is amazing. Only good if you like a relaxing space truck simulator :P

And that is it for MMOs.

Playing starbound, starcraft 2, Skyrim SE, Distant Worlds and Path of Exile (though dunno if I like POE that much)...and fallout 4 is installed but havent touched it in a while. Out of those, Starbound, Starcraft 2 and Distant Worlds are ones I'm playing the most. Starcraft 2 I mostly play with my friend, otherwise don't play it by myself. Our games can last 1+ hours though, usually a few hours during the weekend

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Currently, 'The Division' one of the most immersive games I've ever played.  Of all time, 'Splinter Cell' series, I love the original,  Conviction, and Blacklist.  This game never gets old for me.  Fall back MMO, GW2, returning to it after a long break feels like playing it a day ago.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Torval said:
    d_20 said:
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled WoW so many times. You think I'd learn to just leave it on the HD by now.

I got three solid years out of ESO, but need a break now. Wondering if GW2's next expansion will pull me back in. 

Till then, I'm just dabbling in WoW and playing a bit of Neverwinter trying to decide if I like it or not. It's a weird one. I do like it a lot (kind of?), but not sure if I will when I get to max level. I've never played a game where I felt like this about it. I usually either just like it or I don't.

Got Rift and ArcheAge chilling on the HD, too. I kind of just have a morbid interest in touring around AA after the merges to see what's up first hand.

Play of bit of Destiny 2 and The Division, but those are kind of one dimensional and don't fill the same niche for me as my mmorpgs.

Defiance is another fun shooter, in the vein of Destiny and Division, that does mmo-lite and shooting well. It has the Arkfalls which are somewhat analogous to Rifts. It's worth checking out if you haven't or want something different.
    Agree. Defiance is pretty fun. I just loaded Glyph up the other day and was thinking about downloading Defiance again. 
    [Deleted User]

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Playing 7 Days to Die for the 3rd time now, I come back to in every two years.

After this will play Dark Souls 2, I loved 3. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Smite. Easy to spend a few minutes or few hours in depending on what I want to do.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    ESO
    [Deleted User]
    Can't believe I forgot this. I do a Bloodborne complete run every season. Well, I just realized how much I miss it. Babye <3

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    fallback game? You sound like one has to have a "main" game.

How about if i just play whatever i feel fun at the moment? Today it is Death of the Outsider. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,827
    Our fall back game is MMORPG.com
    d_20
    Scot said:
    Our fall back game is MMORPG.com
    lol .. well said. The best forum pvp game in the world. 
  • ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    fallback game? You sound like one has to have a "main" game.

How about if i just play whatever i feel fun at the moment? Today it is Death of the Outsider. 
    I currently do not have a main game either.
    Instead I play my secondary games and fallback games. 

Fallback games have withstood the test of time and scrutiny. People love them almost unconditionally as they are willing to return to those games regardless what is released. Taking a break from main games, I started this thread and saw what was common among fallback games to try those games.

One Behavior is to play the latest that comes out.
    Another is to play what has earned the trust of the public widely. 

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Lacking both at the moment, Eve was always my fall back, but I've lost interest there, more rapidly than another time since my start in 2005.  
    Waiting on Pantheon and SC to fill both my niches ( Ack that sounds filthy) so yeah long bloody wait fraught with the possibility of disappointment, you know what Ive depressed myself now, thanks a bleeding bunch OP, (closes curtains and puts on a Smiths album ). 

• VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Another entry for WoW here. I don't play the way OP does, but my most frequent go to game would have to be WoW. Lately replaced by the classic era servers for WoW and EQ of course.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I have too many games to play to have fallback games.  I do however have a few games I love running through at least once a year.  Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy Tactics, KOTOR.  Otherwise I try my best to play and finish the list of games I own but haven't had time to play yet because I'm busy with something else.
    @MrMelGibson FFVI is one of my favorites, along with Chrono Trigger. :P I spent too much time being a cheapskate in FF VI and using Wall Rings + Invisibility on 80% of the enemies in the World of Ruin. :) 
    MrMelGibson
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited September 2017
    Shinami said:
    @MrMelGibson FFVI is one of my favorites, along with Chrono Trigger. :P I spent too much time being a cheapskate in FF VI and using Wall Rings + Invisibility on 80% of the enemies in the World of Ruin. :) 
    I used invisible on enemies (including bosses) and one shotting them with doom spell.  Good times.  I also try to play through chrono trigger as well.  Forgot to mention that gem.  Thanks for reminding me
    Shinami said:

One Behavior is to play the latest that comes out.
    Another is to play what has earned the trust of the public widely. 

The first makes sense (assuming the latest is good).

The second sounds really boring to me. I don't need to "trust" anyone except the fact that i am going to have fun in the next whatever number of minutes that i need entertainment, right?
    @nariusseldon

This is a thread that I've started in multiple forums across the internet. Thanks to the replies obtained, rather than play the latest game out there; my focus for now is simply to play these fallback games. 

Shinami said:
    @nariusseldon

This is a thread that I've started in multiple forums across the internet. Thanks to the replies obtained, rather than play the latest game out there; my focus for now is simply to play these fallback games. 

Good for you. If you have fun repeatedly playing the same games, more power to you. In fact, you are like my wife who would rewatch old tv shows.