Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Desperate for a decent PVP mmorpg

Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49
idk where to start. I've been looking for a decent mmorpg with fun pvp i feel for a longg long time. I have played just about every mmo and im just not able to stay hooked like games used to do for me. It is just painful, i literally search every day for a mmo to play but at this point iv tried them all and now im at this wall with no where to go. Tried BDO, played it for a couple months but after a wave of terrible RNG and loosing months of hard work, and 120 Fs trying to get a tet, i just cant deal with that shit anymore, the combat was unique and fun but everything else sucked. I recently decided to give GW2 another try but idk what it is , the combat isnt fulfilling and i dont feel a connection to the world,, lacks immersion. I felt the same way with ESO. I can sit here and list every game i played and why i didnt like it but that would take forever. I just miss the old DAoC days with that epic meaningful pvp, also Everquest 2 pvp days was one of my favorites. Unless im missing some hidden gem of a game i may just be stuck here till some new games come out. Im hoping Camelot Unchained is the answer to it all and brings back that amazing feeling DAoC used to give me. there are a couple other games on the horizon that look promising (Pantheon, Crowfall, Star Citizen, etc), we shal see.#nerd... Am i the only one who feels this way? is there a game out there im missing?

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Nothing currently available except maybe EvE for large scale and  Blade and soul has amazing small scale PvP.

Looking forward to Crowfall for PvP goodness from the ground up. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2017
    Have you tried the DAOC freeshard which launched in Jan?  2002 rule set, no TOA, original frontiers etc.

I put 6 months in but left as I find RVR mostly pointless,  back in the day Mordred was my home and I miss the FFA rule set and my old RPing guild "Shadowclan".

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    What exactly are you looking for in a pvp game? Just saying  "epic meaningful pvp" doesn't help much because what that entails probably varies from person to person.
    SovrathMrMelGibson
  • Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    honestly i just want pvp,, i need a competitive aspect in a mmorpg.. iv researched and played them all so i rly dont think there is much of any someone can tell me about that i havent tried.. but im open if there is.,,DOac freeshard is ok,, maybe ill check it out again,,, i like the new frontiers daoc over the old tho..anyways ill keep looking/.. currently playing EQ2 ,, so upset they took pvp away from the game bc i had SOOO much fun and countless  hours fighting other guilds for contested bosses ,so now all the community and group play is all its giving me,, not scratching my competitive itch
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Not sure if you've tried it yet but Albion has decent pvp.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    WAaaAAAAGGGgGgggggHhhhhhhHh!!!!!!
    https://www.returnofreckoning.com/about.php

laxieroutesman
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Jixen9 said:
    idk where to start. I've been looking for a decent mmorpg with fun pvp i feel for a longg long time. I have played just about every mmo and im just not able to stay hooked like games used to do for me. It is just painful, i literally search every day for a mmo to play but at this point iv tried them all and now im at this wall with no where to go. Tried BDO, played it for a couple months but after a wave of terrible RNG and loosing months of hard work, and 120 Fs trying to get a tet, i just cant deal with that shit anymore, the combat was unique and fun but everything else sucked. I recently decided to give GW2 another try but idk what it is , the combat isnt fulfilling and i dont feel a connection to the world,, lacks immersion. I felt the same way with ESO. I can sit here and list every game i played and why i didnt like it but that would take forever. I just miss the old DAoC days with that epic meaningful pvp, also Everquest 2 pvp days was one of my favorites. Unless im missing some hidden gem of a game i may just be stuck here till some new games come out. Im hoping Camelot Unchained is the answer to it all and brings back that amazing feeling DAoC used to give me. there are a couple other games on the horizon that look promising (Pantheon, Crowfall, Star Citizen, etc), we shal see.#nerd... Am i the only one who feels this way? is there a game out there im missing?
    Man, I'm with you but I'm going to tell you something that if you give it a chance is really fun.  Albion.  The game's videos don't do it justice, your crafters and harvesters are needed for the folks that enjoy pve and the pvp aspect of the game is the best I've played in years.  Pick it up and get into it for a week and get with a guild...get in the open world and you will have a blast in pvp.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Darkfall Online is your game. There are 2  companies doing 2 different versions of the game, check both. New Dawn is going tb be released early 2018, more sandboxy. Rise of Agon is already released, more pvp focused
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I think you're right in looking forward to Camelot Unchained, although it looks to be a long ways off for launch.  It's my only hope right now for a PvP MMO, mainly because of fond memories of RvR in DAoC.  I don't know, though...Part of the charm for me in DAoC was the ideal blend of PvE and PvP.
    KyleranMrMelGibsonpantaro
  • Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Scorchien said:

Thanks for the waagghh..Decided to give the Warhammer EMU a go and so far im pretty happy. the newbie area is full of people and general chat is flowing nice too..iv only started playing very recently so idk how endgame is , but im feeling good about it..http://https//www.returnofreckoning.com/
  • routesmanroutesman Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Scorchien said:

The only negative I will give to Warhammer Online was that they kinda wimped out and made scenarios (their version of battlegrounds) as important to flipping control of a zone as open RvR, which was very upsetting.  Not having all the promised cities didn't upset me. Not having all the classes at launch didn't upset me (but I will admit it annoyed me).  But being promised a heavy emphasis on Open RvR and then seeing how the system worked upset me.

That said: I enjoyed my time playing WAR.  :)
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Rhoklaw said:
    Purely PvP games have very limited fun factor and become far more repetitive than PvE games.
    Uh, speak for yourself I guess but I find the complete opposite to be true. No one can put out PvE content fast enough to stay fresh. The first couple runs through a dungeon or raid or whatever are fun but then it's the exact same shit over and over and over. Even when new content comes out you're still just spamming the same rotation, just the encounter is a bit different. How is that less repetitive than PvP, where no two fights are ever the same and you have to think on your feet?
    MaGicBush
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Good luck if you can find a PvP game where the PvE crowd hasn't tried their best to turn PvP into glorified dueling.

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Ditto... but be careful what you wish for. Most of the PvPs in this age are only as good as their developers/publishers/server hosts. Too many players think that the letters "PvP" equate to "asshole" and too many game companies are often happy to oblige. They fan the flames, capitalize off the behavior and alienate anyone who wants to play an RPG in a PvP world, rather than a glorified FPS.

Most of the "tiny" MMOs out there, like Rust and ARK have fallen into this trap, as well as some of the larger ones like Albion.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Why not try current DAoC?  Characters are templated to hit the soft stat cap and, as such, are generally on the same power level reference gear.

It's still got a dedicated following of mostly PvPers.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    What type of PvP do you want? Open world, RvR, instanced and arenas are rather different from eachother after all and I can't give you any advice if I don't know what you like.