Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pearl Abyss – Korean developer set to be listed on stock exchange today

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
Pearl Abyss, the developer of Black Desert, is set to go live today on Korea’s second board, Kosdaq. Each share is estimated to be worth around USD 70.66 to USD 90.95, with 1.8 million shares to be issued. Employees of Pearl Abyss are said to be entitled to 25,000 shares. If successful, the IPO will bring in around USD 160 million. Company founder Kim Dae-il (below) is holds 47% of the shares.

Pearl Abyss is set to become the 5th largest Korean games company after Nexon, Netmarble, NCsoft, NHN, and Com2Us. According to reports, Black Desert now has over 7 million players globally, with an operating profit of USD 40 million in 2016, up from USD 19 million in 2015. Black Desert is scheduled to launch in the MENA region and Southeast Asia later this year.

http://mmoculture.com/2017/09/pearl-abyss-korean-developer-set-to-be-listed-on-stock-exchange-today/
TheScavenger

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

They just made a game and look at how far they have come because of that game. 

Pearl Abyss and Black Desert are a true success. 
    TheScavenger
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Mikeha said:

I dont know about Black Desert being the sole reason. I thought it was mentioned some time ago that Pearl Abyss was invested in other things as well?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited September 2017
    Albatroes said:
    Mikeha said:

I dont know about Black Desert being the sole reason. I thought it was mentioned some time ago that Pearl Abyss was invested in other things as well?

Never heard about them being invested in anything so I cant really say.     

TheScavenger
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Albatroes said:
    Mikeha said:

They wanted to do a hairdressing thing if I recall. I don't know if they've actually done it though.
    Regardless, this is about the gaming part of the company. They've had some good growth there. I mean, they've had to add servers several times now on just the NA/EU versions of the game alone... there's not many MMOs that can claim this a year after launch.
    Mikeha

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Albatroes said:
    Mikeha said:

They wanted to do a hairdressing thing if I recall. I don't know if they've actually done it though.
    Regardless, this is about the gaming part of the company. They've had some good growth there. I mean, they've had to add servers several times now on just the NA/EU versions of the game alone... there's not many MMOs that can claim this a year after launch.
    But the haters say its dying! what a terribly dead game! so many are leaving! /s
    Azaron_Nightblade

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• cinderboycinderboy Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Albatroes said:
    Mikeha said:

Hairdressing?! O___O
    Mikeha
    cinderboy said:
    Albatroes said:
    Mikeha said:

Hairdressing?! O___O
    Yeah. There's some article out there that claimed the company wanted to open some hairdressing salons back in Korea. XD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    edited September 2017
    If you watch as much Korean drama as I do the hairdressing thing is no surprise big business. That and nails.

• creativewildcreativewild Member CommonPosts: 1
    cinderboy said:
    Albatroes said:
    Mikeha said:

Hairdressing?! O___O
    Yeah. There's some article out there that claimed the company wanted to open some hairdressing salons back in Korea. XD
    NOT TRUE, the article you talk about is about Kakao, since Kakao games publishes the game in EU/NA, but Kakao has multiple venues, from Games to Taxis, etc.... all can be seen at http://www.kakaocorp.com/en/main

So no IT IS NOT Pearl Abyss that has hairsalons :)

Azaron_Nightblade
    edited September 2017
    cinderboy said:
    Albatroes said:
    Mikeha said:

Hairdressing?! O___O
    NOT TRUE, the article you talk about is about Kakao, since Kakao games publishes the game in EU/NA, but Kakao has multiple venues, from Games to Taxis, etc.... all can be seen at http://www.kakaocorp.com/en/main

So no IT IS NOT Pearl Abyss that has hairsalons :)

Ah ha, that's probably it! Thanks lol! xD