Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenaNet Unveils New Forums...Thank Goodness! - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageArenaNet Unveils New Forums...Thank Goodness! - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 News - One of the most consistent complaints we've seen about the Guild Wars 2 site is its forums for being quite different than 99% of the world's online discussion software. But all that changes today with the brand spanking new GW2 forums that feature perks such as "single sign-on" using your GW2 log in (displays your game ID), better mobile support, the ability to use avatars, a reaction system, ranks, badges and a robust search engine.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Hmm... are they using Vanilla too?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I don't use them much but I always thought their forums where terrible. Glad to see the change for those who do.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Hmm... are they using Vanilla too?

Looks like it. The icons are way too big and in my opinion.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    edited September 2017
    There are 24 avatars to choose from,can't even upload your own,and you can't create a signature.
    Uhh.Ok,well done I guess,and who cares.
    Now,about that customisable UI....

Edit.And you can no longer upload images directly on the forums,but need to do the URL link bs.

All is Vain.
    Post edited by Rockard on
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I think the look still needs some work. It's a bit hard to look at and everything is also just way too big. Too stylized as well. Forums don't need to be super fancy GW2 brand. It works in game, but forums need to be more clear and simple.
    [Deleted User]
  • MazingerZMazingerZ Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited September 2017
    It's clearly meant to try and memory-hole the last 5 years of complaints about the game that are still surprisingly valid.

The forums are a mass of negativity and they have an Expansion on the way.

It's an attempt to scrub the site for newbies would otherwise come in and find this:

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    MazingerZ said:
    It's clearly meant to try and memory-hole the last 5 years of complaints about the game that are still surprisingly valid.

The forums are a mass of negativity and they have an Expansion on the way.

It's an attempt to scrub the site for newbies would otherwise come in and find this:

I have yet to find any forum that is not a mass of negativity. It is our nature to take those things we like for granted. When we vocalize our feelings publicly, it is typically to express disatisfaction. 

Those who love a game simply play it. Those who have issues with a game shout them for all the world to hear.
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    More importantly, will Anet employs be more active on the new forums. I hope so.
  • GreyhavenGreyhaven Member UncommonPosts: 38
    All MMO forums are basically toxic, honestly they should have considered just scrapping all but the technical forums, if people want to discuss a game they can do it on social media through community supported social media and developers can frequent the ones that are Troll farms.

I think the only official forum community that works is FFXIV but it's only because the devs rule with an iron fist and will delete your game account if you are non constructive. No other devs has the spine to do that, so they should just end the official forums.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Greyhaven said:
    All MMO forums are basically toxic, honestly they should have considered just scrapping all but the technical forums, if people want to discuss a game they can do it on social media through community supported social media and developers can frequent the ones that are Troll farms.

I think the only official forum community that works is FFXIV but it's only because the devs rule with an iron fist and will delete your game account if you are non constructive. No other devs has the spine to do that, so they should just end the official forums.

You have never been on the GW2 forum then? Obviously not as A.Net also rules with an iron fist.