Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch class?

MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
Just curious what everyone is planning on playing at launch.  If you're undecided, what classes and sub-classes are you hoping to try out in the upcoming beta?

Personally, I never had a chance to play Destiny 1 so my choice of class is solely based off liking what I've read.

I believe my main class will be a Warlock, but not sure which direction i'll take him.  I also like the Titan and am leaning towards the Capt. America shield thrower.  Seems like it could have some really interesting combos with the other classes.  For some reason I don't have much initial interest in the Hunter.  But I think I'll play him first in the beta to see how that class plays.  
The Guardians!
  1. Preferred Class!42 votes
    1. Titan
      35.71%
    2. Warlock
      33.33%
    3. Hunter
      30.95%
DragnelusTheScavenger

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Anyone else having an issue with using the poll I posted?
  • GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262
    I tried them all last night and decided on Titan - Striker. Warlord was ok except I didn't like either of the supers. Hunter had my favorite super with the arcstrider but the dodge skill was just horrible.
    MrMelGibson
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I think Warlock, for me. 
    MrMelGibson

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

I think Warlock, for me. 
    I think that's what I decided on as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Torval said:
    Verdict is still out for me. I need a few more rounds with each to decide. Each class has something so cool about it.
    I know what you mean.  I'm most likely playing a warlock, but the Titan is enticing as well.  As far as the Ariel moves with the warlock.  I found that his magic sword ability can be used while walking on the ground as well.
    [Deleted User]
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630
    Lock

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    As an altoholic I'll take the forth option and play all three. :smiley:
    MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I loved Warlocks in the original Destiny, everything else wasn't as fun to me. So I'm definitely rolling warlock on launch. Who knows, maybe I'll eventually roll a hunter since that was my second class before.
    MrMelGibson
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I'll go gunslinger again. 
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    I'll go gunslinger again. 
    I might consider that.  I really enjoyed the handcannon my warlock and Hunter used.
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Is there a fov adjuster? 

kitarad said:
    Is there a fov adjuster? 
    Yes, there was.  I believe the default setting was 85 and could be adjusted quite a bit above that.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Warlock
    MrMelGibson
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    kitarad said:
    Is there a fov adjuster? 
    Yes, there was.  I believe the default setting was 85 and could be adjusted quite a bit above that.
    Wonderful thanks
    MrMelGibson

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited September 2017
    I'm probably going Warlock. That is what my friend is.

However. No idea what Destiny 2 is about or how it plays or anything. I did watch a video, but then stopped when the tutorial/beginning part ended as I don't want to spoil the story.

My friend says its amazing, and there is a lot to do as a solo dude. He is far less social than me (he doesn't even go to forums and doesn't even have a facebook account lol), but he says there is tons for him to do without talking to or grouping with anyone. So sounds great to me. And the game looks like a lot of fun.

Figure I'll just go in mostly blind, and enjoy the game and be surprised by it. I already know I'll like it from what little I watched. Plus me and my friend have very similar tastes in games, so its a pretty sure fire enjoyment.

I do know its a multiplayer game, but if my friend who is far more anti-social than I am enjoys the game and has a lot to do...that is enough for me.

However, I'll probably group sometimes if its random matched and I don't need to actually find a group. Like the LFD thing in WoW. My friend doesn't even like that rofl. If it isn't like LFD, then if my friend has a lot of enjoyment out of it and a lot to do, still sounds good enough to me.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I read people were upset because those who played the same class three times got reduced drops quality on the other two.
    MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    For primary weapons i always have trouble choosing between Scout Rifle and Auto Rifle, either way, its going to be a hunter, its a long long time though till 24th of October! keeping fingers crossed they don't screw up, i need my 60fps!
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I watched a guy play destiny 2 and it looks like everyone will be either warlock or titan nobody likes the hunter, lol.I am only buying Destiny 2 on pc till monster hunter and Code Vein releases;).
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Raquis said:
    I watched a guy play destiny 2 and it looks like everyone will be either warlock or titan nobody likes the hunter, lol.I am only buying Destiny 2 on pc till monster hunter and Code Vein releases;).
    I played a hunter through Destiny 1. I would try a new class on PS4, but on PC I am looking forward to aim my sniper with a mouse. Man that oughta feel fucking good!!
    PhryMrMelGibson[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    I'm probably going Warlock. That is what my friend is.

However. No idea what Destiny 2 is about or how it plays or anything. I did watch a video, but then stopped when the tutorial/beginning part ended as I don't want to spoil the story.

My friend says its amazing, and there is a lot to do as a solo dude. He is far less social than me (he doesn't even go to forums and doesn't even have a facebook account lol), but he says there is tons for him to do without talking to or grouping with anyone. So sounds great to me. And the game looks like a lot of fun.

Figure I'll just go in mostly blind, and enjoy the game and be surprised by it. I already know I'll like it from what little I watched. Plus me and my friend have very similar tastes in games, so its a pretty sure fire enjoyment.

I do know its a multiplayer game, but if my friend who is far more anti-social than I am enjoys the game and has a lot to do...that is enough for me.

However, I'll probably group sometimes if its random matched and I don't need to actually find a group. Like the LFD thing in WoW. My friend doesn't even like that rofl. If it isn't like LFD, then if my friend has a lot of enjoyment out of it and a lot to do, still sounds good enough to me.
    Good to know man.  I like grouping, but there are a lot of times I just want to do my own thing.  Glad to hear that past the campaign I'll have options.  
    Phry said:
    For primary weapons i always have trouble choosing between Scout Rifle and Auto Rifle, either way, its going to be a hunter, its a long long time though till 24th of October! keeping fingers crossed they don't screw up, i need my 60fps!
    If it plays like the beta, I'm sure You'll be happy.  I was running 75+ FPS.
    Phry[Deleted User]
    Raquis said:
    I played a hunter through Destiny 1. I would try a new class on PS4, but on PC I am looking forward to aim my sniper with a mouse. Man that oughta feel fucking good!!
    I think that's because the hunters dodge ability is a bit bollocks.  At least that's how it felt in the beta.  It didn't really dodge anything and felt like a wasted ability to me.  Having only 2 available abilities, kinda sucks if one is a waste.  I imagine that has a lot to do with the class in balance.  

For those playing on console, did they fix the dodge?
    PhryConstantineMerus[Deleted User]