Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Venom Confirmed for Consoles Starting September 14th - Marvel Heroes Omega - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageVenom Confirmed for Consoles Starting September 14th - Marvel Heroes Omega - MMORPG.com

Marvel Heroes Omega News - The Marvel Heroes Omega Facebook page has been updated with a brief note to let XBox One and PlayStation 4 players know that Venom will be coming to the game beginning Thursday, September 14th. He will be available for a limited time only. The team is promising more details throughout the days between now and then.

We're excited to announce that Venom, the Lethal Protector, will be available Thursday (9/14) on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for a limited time! More details coming next week. #MHOmega

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    lol wot? Venom was already part of the game
    TheScavenger

imageimage

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Same thing I was thinking.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited September 2017
    If you read the quote below (which is also in the article), which came straight from the MHO FB page, it indicates that he's not in the console version of the game game or he's going to be on sale or something else for console players. * shrugs * 

We're excited to announce that Venom, the Lethal Protector, will be available Thursday (9/14) on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for a limited time! More details coming next week. #MHOmega

https://www.facebook.com/marvelheroes/photos/a.450397908321555.112247.443107259050620/1788983207796345/?type=3&theater

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

SBFord said:

If you read the quote below (which is also in the article), which came straight from the MHO FB page, it indicates that he's not in the console version of the game game or he's going to be on sale or something else for console players. * shrugs * 

https://www.facebook.com/marvelheroes/photos/a.450397908321555.112247.443107259050620/1788983207796345/?type=3&theater

Yeah well thats just dumb imo.
    TheScavenger

imageimage

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    TaishiFox said:

SBFord said:

Yeah well thats just dumb imo.
    Tell it to Gazillion that posted it on the MHO FB page. ;)
    wingood[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Venom is a big ticket item in the console version because it's one of the most sought after characters.  There's even some mention that he may have been reworked for the console version too as many people said he isn't particularly powerful on PC. 

That's why they decided to make this a special sale... it's their way of pumping the gas to try and get that "limited release" money. 
    pantaro[Deleted User]SBFord

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited September 2017
    Gazillion is super desperate right now.  Look at how they've abandoned their old model and are now doing the following on console:

1) only selling costumes in gambling boxes.  No more buy the costumes you want
    2) pay to skip 5 levels of prestiging and pay to unlock further prestiges
    3) creating limited release heroes for purchase

My opinion is that they are doing whatever is necessary to prevent layoffs and/or maximize short term profits.  And while I can sympathize to some degree.  They are once again ignoring long term implications by trying to maximize short term income.  It's that kind of thinking that got them into this mess.
    Post edited by FrodoFragins on
    Excession
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    A limited release hero?  If that's true, that's insanely desperate of them :O  Not that that's surprising, though.
    Gazillion is super desperate right now.  Look at how they've abandoned their old model and are now doing the following on console:

My opinion is that they are doing whatever is necessary to prevent layoffs and/or maximize short term profits.  And while I can sympathize to some degree.  There are once again ignoring long term implications by trying to maximize short term income.  It's that kind of thinking that got them into this mess.
    It's not out of desperation, at best it would be considered out of greed.  They make way more money on the loot boxes than the costume purchases.

You skip all 6 prestige levels as well as the eternity splinter and omega essence costs when you buy the omega prestige packages.

The limited release heroes are limited in a time sensitive manner, so, for example everything that's been released as "limited" so far has been stated that they will once again be available for purchase at later dates.

What they are really selling with "limited" release heroes is time sensitive exclusivity. People who spend money will get the characters a month or two in advance.  

The thing that hit them the hardest lately has been the omega prestige system which is largely unpopular, but - as with most of the things people dislike about the game, people eventually shut up about it and go back to playing.

The big kicker is this "limited release" doesn't include omega prestige.  You'll pay 20 or so for venom now,  then another 40 for his omega prestige if you don't level-prestige him immediately.  

All new characters will double dip like that, because when omega prestige becomes available for those characters, it includes the character unlock which is usually 10 dollars of the price.
    [Deleted User]

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

My opinion is that they are doing whatever is necessary to prevent layoffs and/or maximize short term profits.  And while I can sympathize to some degree.  There are once again ignoring long term implications by trying to maximize short term income.  It's that kind of thinking that got them into this mess.
    It's not out of desperation, at best it would be considered out of greed.  They make way more money on the loot boxes than the costume purchases.

You skip all 6 prestige levels as well as the eternity splinter and omega essence costs when you buy the omega prestige packages.

The limited release heroes are limited in a time sensitive manner, so, for example everything that's been released as "limited" so far has been stated that they will once again be available for purchase at later dates.

What they are really selling with "limited" release heroes is time sensitive exclusivity. People who spend money will get the characters a month or two in advance.  

The thing that hit them the hardest lately has been the omega prestige system which is largely unpopular, but - as with most of the things people dislike about the game, people eventually shut up about it and go back to playing.

The big kicker is this "limited release" doesn't include omega prestige.  You'll pay 20 or so for venom now,  then another 40 for his omega prestige if you don't level-prestige him immediately.  

All new characters will double dip like that, because when omega prestige becomes available for those characters, it includes the character unlock which is usually 10 dollars of the price.
    I think desperation has forced them to become more predatory in their shop.  They spent 18 months porting the game to console while letting the PC game stagnate.  They need a massive amount of cash to justify the ports to the investors.

They've never released a hero for G's only for a limited time.  I don't have a big issue with this, but it's simply another shop change of many.
    maskedweasel

I think desperation has forced them to become more predatory in their shop.  They spent 18 months porting the game to console while letting the PC game stagnate.  They need a massive amount of cash to justify the ports to the investors.

They've never released a hero for G's only for a limited time.  I don't have a big issue with this, but it's simply another shop change of many.
    I think the changes were originally that short term cash grab so they could get a solid deal with renewing the licenses.  From the get-go with the limited "exclusive" iron fist and symbiote costume they've been pretty aggressive.  

Now that they have the license extension, it seems like it's just full throttle with the nickel and dime releases.  Usually the limited releases aren't even purchasable with G's, it all goes through the console shops, then after the first month they can be bought with G's and finally ES.  

I think for the player that has no money, it's a fairly forgiving system as nothing is really barred with enough playtime with the exception of very specific costumes.  I am, however, not a fan of the underlying systems they've been putting in place in lieu of better gameplay in general.  The Omega Prestige system is a big blunder in its current state in my opinion.  
    [Deleted User]