Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Characters will need to poop in Star Citizen....

Comments

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    What happens to the poop? Is it thrown away in space or is it stored on ships?
    In that case some of us could become poop collectors, flying huge cargos with sucking pumps across the verse, helping our fellow players empty their poop tanks after an epic battle against the Stimpire.
    Ridelynn
  • milluxmillux Member UncommonPosts: 50
    "I don't give a crap..."
    "Oh yes, you do!"

If your poop bar is full and you get startled, will it make you crap your pants?  Also, can it be thrown? 
    RidelynnsomeforumguymrputtsPhry
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    The pirates are after us, flush the toilet and hope it hits their window!
    SBFordAsherammrputtsPhry
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    I will store it for my defeated enemies.
    immodiumSBFord
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Well, Garriott sold his own blood to help fund SotA and his minions lapped it up eagerly.

Roberts should try selling his shit. I'll bet his minions wouldn't hesitate to throw cash at him.
    kikoodutroa8KefoAzaron_Nightblade

• MoparMopar Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Better buy more digital ships to keep this quality game development going!
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    I'm all out of poop puns.
    [Deleted User]
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Haven't listened to the video but I don't mind this provided it's done intelligently.

As was mentioned above, if one needs to deal with eating/resting, etc, then one can deal with the necessities. It doesn't have to be a character squatting but could be ducking into a restroom to take care of things.

By "intelligently" I mean the necessity of cleanliness. If you have npc interactions and you are disgusting and "not well" perhaps the npc's react differently, they might not want to sell to you or talk to you or you might get bad service, etc.

This might be just another level of detail that takes more time but it's an interesting detail.

Maybe if you don't take care of business you get a temporary decrease in certain stats?
    [Deleted User]ConstantineMerus
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited September 2017

Are you going to have to fly your ship to a KOA campground as well to empty the potty tank?
    Post edited by Asheram on
    [Deleted User]Golelorn[Deleted User]
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited September 2017
    Nothing like catching someone with their pants down.

What better time to attack an enemy then when they're sitting on the shitter ;)

SBFordAsheram

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited September 2017

[Deleted User]
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Anyone with a poop fetish will love this, even if they can only imagine it and you can't physically see the character poop. Maybe there'll be sounds attached, and that is enough for the poop fetish people out there.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Torval said:
    What happens to the poop? Is it thrown away in space or is it stored on ships?
    In that case some of us could become poop collectors, flying huge cargos with sucking pumps across the verse, helping our fellow players empty their poop tanks after an epic battle against the Stimpire.

Probably analogous to what happens on earth with sea faring ships. They flush it all overboard. All waste (biological, radiological, etc) is pumped or blown overboard if the vessel is out to sea. Within a certain distance to shore (50 miles or so) waste can't be dumped and must dealt with in port.
    http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/plane-accidentally-empties-toilet-tank-over-cruise-ship-23-injured/
    [Deleted User]someforumguyAzaron_Nightblade
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    If it has physical graphics and sound...be ready for...

One cup...two space pilots

*crickets*

Okay I'll see myself out now
    Golelorn[Deleted User]AsheramPhryAzaron_Nightblade

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    That's pretty....shitty
    SBFord[Deleted User]TheScavengerAsheramPhry
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    What is the penalty for never going to the bathroom? Do you die?
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Anyone with a poop fetish will love this, even if they can only imagine it and you can't physically see the character poop. Maybe there'll be sounds attached, and that is enough for the poop fetish people out there.
    It's apparently a feature that's been planned from the start, they must have some mo-cap for it.
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Sovrath said:
    Haven't listened to the video but I don't mind this provided it's done intelligently.

As was mentioned above, if one needs to deal with eating/resting, etc, then one can deal with the necessities. It doesn't have to be a character squatting but could be ducking into a restroom to take care of things.

By "intelligently" I mean the necessity of cleanliness. If you have npc interactions and you are disgusting and "not well" perhaps the npc's react differently, they might not want to sell to you or talk to you or you might get bad service, etc.

This might be just another level of detail that takes more time but it's an interesting detail.

Maybe if you don't take care of business you get a temporary decrease in certain stats?
    I am not into the whole needing to eat food and poop and stay clean but from what little I have read it will be done like you say.

If you're dirty or unclean npc's are suppose to react differently to you and if you're hungry I think it will have an effect on your health or something like that.

That said I also read this won't be like in survival games where you have to constantly have to watch your "hunger" meter and it becomes annoying more than anything else.
    [Deleted User]MaxBacon

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited September 2017
    What is the penalty for never going to the bathroom? Do you die?
    There's no design on this at all, this is just "poop-dramatization" when this was created for Status Effects for Stamina & Breathing. It's stuff that isn't even confirmed at this point, what else explained.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Torval said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Sovrath said:

I am not into the whole needing to eat food and poop and stay clean but from what little I have read it will be done like you say.

If you're dirty or unclean npc's are suppose to react differently to you and if you're hungry I think it will have an effect on your health or something like that.

That said I also read this won't be like in survival games where you have to constantly have to watch your "hunger" meter and it becomes annoying more than anything else.
    I don't like how you typically have to watch hunger meters or carry a supply of food and drink. It just leads to gamifying the system. That is probably because managing those is tedious and irritating.

It will be interesting to see how they want to integrate them. I'm not typically of fan of this sort of thing. I have to manage all that crap (hahaha) in the real world. I don't find it compelling to do so in the virtual.
    The crux if the issue lays with how it's almost impossible to find the balance between "this is tedious" and "I have to double click on an inventory icon once a day.  What's the point?"

Like you said, I don't find it compelling to manage mundane features like that, either.  I always compare thsee things to an action movie (in this case, sci-fi): whenever we see the actors eating a meal, is the point of the scene the fact that the characters are eating and this needs to be noted in and of itself, or is it simply scenery in which we experience character development through their interactions over the meal?  I've never seen a movie that showed it's cast eating just to remind the viewer that the characters do have to eat to survive.
    BeansnBread[Deleted User]Robsolf

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 449
    The stupidity continues....
    Grimula
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    The crux if the issue lays with how it's almost impossible to find the balance between "this is tedious" and "I have to double click on an inventory icon once a day.  What's the point?"
    I think this is solved well with buffs and debuffs, pre-defined per thing, so you can have one hunger/shower/el'poop mechanic without feeling like one annoying chore you have to go through constantly, neither something so superficial it's just limiting gameplay factor.

Say to not make it imposing you just have a default neutral status that is then complemented with boons if you do indeed go through that task. Say if you go to a place and have a meal you have more stamina for your player character.

I think that makes up for a mechanic that is neutral by default but benefits the player if they go through it. That way when you stop for refueling, repairing, maintenance, etc... you can also take some steps to take care of your character itself.
    Grimula
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I don't see the point of this. This is not the type of survival game where a metal bucket belongs to your most prized possessions and you would use your waste as manure for farming.

Even having to eat/drink is kind of pointless in this kind of sci fi setup. It'll just become a chore.

Performance enhancing drugs (with possible negative side effects), implants etc make far more sense in this game.

GrimulaCogohi
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I wonder if they have mocapped people sitting on the dunny and squeezing one out? Will there be different types of poops? different sound effects? how far are they willing to take this nonsense?

It's going to be pretty annoying if you spend 10 minutes running to Miles Egghead only for him to tell you that you're farting too much and he has nothing to say until you've been for a poop...

Miles - Hey John! How's it going?
    John - Hey Miles, good good! Just had a shower and a fantastic poop, all for you!
    Miles - *starts twitching with subsumption overload* fuck you Chris Roberts...

AsheramGrimulakikoodutroa8