Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey CBT Begins - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFairy Tail: Hero's Journey CBT Begins - MMORPG.com News

If you're a fan of anime, this game may be of interest, particularly now that Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey has entered closed beta testing today. The browser-based title is based on the anime, Fairy Tail, and players will see characters from the series during game play. During the approximately four weeks of CBT, a number of in-game events are planned as well as piles of gold for players to test out shop options. All character progress will be wiped at the end, though accounts will remain.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BitSaneBitSane Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Oh boy, this just happened.. "Game companies" really don't care anymore, do they?
    holdenhamletvito11
  • kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    An official game released in 2017 with no sound effects...lol pass.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    This sadness me, we need a decent anime styled game and they keep turning the popular ones into these student project looking games.

These anime's have so many ideas all ready laid out that would work amazingly in an MMO, Fairy tale has, Group/Solo Jobs ranking in difficulty Normal, S-Class, SS-Class, 10-Year and 100-Year Jobs, pretty deep lore, potential interesting class abilities, Elza for example and 50+ types of magic that could easily fall into the trinity of Tank, DPS, Healer and even support, Factions (Dark guilds). I just don't get it, why skimp and make it like this when you could potential pull in a much bigger audience?

DaikuruDuskriegerWalperSlyLoKvito11
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Herase said:
    This sadness me, we need a decent anime styled game and they keep turning the popular ones into these student project looking games.

These anime's have so many ideas all ready laid out that would work amazingly in an MMO, Fairy tale has, Group/Solo Jobs ranking in difficulty Normal, S-Class, SS-Class, 10-Year and 100-Year Jobs, pretty deep lore, potential interesting class abilities, Elza for example and 50+ types of magic that could easily fall into the trinity of Tank, DPS, Healer and even support, Factions (Dark guilds). I just don't get it, why skimp and make it like this when you could potential pull in a much bigger audience?

This, Bleach, Naruto, etc all could be amazing as actual MMORPGs but they don't care about making a good game just using the popularity of the various anime to make a quick buck with browser based garbage.
    DaikuruDuskriegerWalperMange1

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    A decent Hunter X Hunter MMO would be amazing.
    Mange1
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• congtran17congtran17 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    well this fits fairy tail, shit anime + shit game style
    SBFordshalissar
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    it's not even a html5 game...uses flash

Archeage EU - Nui

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Herase said:

Indeed. I was looking forward to this one. I figured it would be a simple game but not like this.

A lobby action rpg would be interesting. With guild Halls as the lobby plus a quest board for each tier. Would be interesting to see what the 100 year quests would be. Even Gildarts failed and he is awesome.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited September 2017
    After they buy the rights to the IP all the money they have left over makes what we find. A lack luster 2d game made by inexperienced cheep developers. I say that the IP is only fit for single player games. Because the players want to be one of the Main Characters not side character number 113.749.

If they are going to make an MMO then the player has to be fine with being lost in a proverbial crowd.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    While I don't enjoy most of the extremely long running Shounen anime, I do think some of them would make decent games. Unfortunately these browser games make ALOT of money from people who apparently don't care if the game is good or not, that just want to play in the world.

Fairy Tail isn't a great anime, neither is Naturo, or Bleach, or 99% of shounen anime. But I wish they would make an actual good game out of the worlds, since that part is usually pretty well made.