Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom making a third Conan game.

2»

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Screw another card game, I was thinking about something more in the line of Angry Conans ;)
    Po_ggBruceYee

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited September 2017
    Asheram said:
    AoC is in maintenance mode doesn't that mean it's demise is near if not already here?
    Emphasis was on the "official" part... AoC is in maintenance mode since years now (and AO is in maintenance mode since a decade at least), but there were patches occasionally, etc. From this year on, it's an official, declared maintenance mode, without the slightest attention to those games. Literally, not even the weekly server restarts. They did the first restart today since months, and even that is only because it started to get a bit wonky.
    (at least AoC got a restart, TSW had nothing since the crappy Legends went live...)

And nope, it is definitely not the demise. As AO proves, they keep games on maintenance mode for long, actually TSW should be on maintenance mode as well. And it would be, if Exiles don't fuel their greed and gives the opening for this gamble / cash-grab... 

I don't have issues with Exiles, but still am sad that people jumped on a half-baked early access title by this large numbers, thus showered FC in money.
    If Exiles EA launch is only a small or moderate success, FC most likely would've stayed with their already proven MO and simply put TSW on maintenance mode, while building the next TSW-themed game in NC...
    ...and even maintenance mode would've been better than the death of the game, while a bunch of mouthbr some easification-fan cheer for the mutant clone of it.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    laserit said:
    Screw another card game, I was thinking about something more in the line of Angry Conans ;)
    Chopping off pictish heads, in adjustable angle, and with the heads you have to break down the tower of TA? Sounds like a great success among them kidz!
    :smiley:
    laserit
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited September 2017
    If it's a card game they will still figure out a way/reason to include male genital girth & length options.
    BruceYee
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Torval said: 
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Torval said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    They won't ever have Red Sonja. They would have put her in AoC but Red Sonja is not a Howard creation and they could not secure the IP for her use. This was stated by the original AoC game director back around launch time.
    Yes, but it's fun to envision. It's a Marvel IP so you never know what they might do.
    Red Sonja is property of Red Sonja LLC ( these are the people who denied Funcom rights for use in AoC ). Marvel lost any and all rights when they let their trademark lapse in the late '90's. Dynamite Entertainment is the only licensed comic book publisher for Red Sonja now.
    Interesting. I didn't know Marvel lost that. I'd still love to see more stuff with her as the centerpiece.
    Rose Mcgowan was supposed to be in a film reboot awhile back too bad it didn't happen.
    [Deleted User]
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    Whatever it is, it's sure to have full, anatomically correct nudity... because FC seems to be obsessed with that stuff.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Whatever it is, it's sure to have full, anatomically correct nudity... because FC seems to be obsessed with that stuff.
    The people criticizing the nudity seem to be a lot more obsessed about it than Funcom.
    Azaron_Nightblade

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    A souls-like would translate pretty well to the brutality and cosmic weirdness in a lot of the original Howard short stories. Like the dungeon under Thoth Amon's fortress.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    laserit said:
    The people criticizing the nudity seem to be a lot more obsessed about it than Funcom.
    Because criticizing or joking about Funcom putting a weiner slider in game is more obsession than planning, coding, and deploying the weiner slider. Brilliance.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Waaaaay to early for even remote speculation.  

I self identify as a monkey.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Age of Conan Legends
    BruceYee
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    I bet it'll be a card game cause it most likely has the best return on investment out of all the types they have not made yet - FPS/MOBA/Turn Based. Who knows though maybe they will take their assets from exiles and make a shooter or moba.

I would like AoC 2 but don't see that as a likely possibility.
    Azaron_Nightblade