Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hows the game doing?

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
Played a little when the game first launched and was wondering how is the game doing today?  I enjoyed the game and from what I remember the game had a lot of pvp which has me wanting to try it again. Hows the open world pvp, castle sieges and guild vs guild?

Comments

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    I played from CBT and recently left together with my friends. 

The game is extremely P2W and it will become even more so when they get their final major content patch this month. 

Things to expect:
    A) logging in a certain times of the day to perform a major daily, otherwise fall behind. 
    B) Unless you spend a lot of money, you will not catch up any of the players in the leaderboard. 
    C )Raids which give you a daily and a weekly cap on how many times they can be completed. 
    D) Extremely unbalanced PvP to the point everything is objective-based (even deathmatch).
    E) Extremely poor publisher who let malicious attacks at multiple points get out of control. 
    F) PvP being gated behind event times (Deathmatch, Starshatter, Territory Wars, Clan Wars) 
    G) Massive Class Unbalance
    H) Prepare to grind your heart out in just about everything that comes with your character. 

Experience:  

I resided in the server named Darkfall. 
    On the NA side of things, the game started with four servers. In less than six months, four servers were merged into two servers while a new server opened up. 

The top guild in the darkfall server is called Hostile. They are a pair of guilds under the same name who take advantage of their high member count to monopolize the server and its resources. They even manage to capture in guild-specific events the top two prizes frequently per week. 

Want your best skills? 
    Good luck in getting them!
    They control the map where the skill books drop and sell them at top market value internally through auction. 

Unfortunately, I was a member to this guild and witnessed first-hand their accounts against the playerbase. Apologies to anyone I've hurt due to their actions. 

Currently: 

The population is declining at a rapid rate.
    If you wish to be successful at Revelation Online you will need to: 

A) Join the top guild of the game
    B) Spend anywhere from $10,000 - $50,000 re-rolling stats for perfect gear. 
    C) Grind Deathly Atoll (which you will spend 50% of your time doing)
    D) Pray that my.com does not lose the license to the game and shut down the server. 
    E) Roll SwordMage or Blademaster 
    F) Prepare to deal with the toxic nature of WORLD CHAT 

and finally....

be prepared to deal with LOTS and LOTS of BOTS!
    Phry
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited September 2017
    Much of the game text and voice over is still untranslated and incomprehensible.

Gold seller spam is so pervasive that world and region channels are worse than worthless. Major quest sites are perma camped by bot armies (in some cases 32 or more strong) farming things like tidal enmity crystals, venison and wolf meat to sell in the auction house and NOTHING is done about them.

If YOU complain about them in chat or by petitioning them, the bots will accuse you that you are harassing them, and my.com will put a chat ban your account. 

Phry
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited September 2017
    Actually the bot on venison and wolf etc is gone now because the random drop of IC from those mobs has been removed, I don't know what the bots are doing now but they are doing something else. I think update 79 will make more people stop playing the whale has already bought their lvl 79 pvp set, at darkfall server the whole map controlled by 1 guild called hostile most of the opposition has quit the game already. It's near death for the server, may be they will merge the server again.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017
    Some kind of update is coming soon isn't it or is already out? Game still dead-ish?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Tine and time again i hear all the problems with pvp in these games,why do people keep supporting them?
    They are always going to be p2w because every game now is going with the fake free moniker,so to make money it is cash shop 101 and i don't see it changing anytime soon.
    The only game right now that i see pvp being truly free is the newest Unreal Tournament,a very difficult game,always have to watch for cheating in pvp games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.