Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the Fall - Dulgabeth - Lord of the Rings Online Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageAfter the Fall - Dulgabeth - Lord of the Rings Online Videos - MMORPG.com

Standing Stone has released a brand new trailer from Lord of the Rings Online: Mordor. This time, it features Dulgabeth, a player working to wrest control of Gorgorth.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GreyhavenGreyhaven Member UncommonPosts: 38
    That was painful to watch.....
    Alomar
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    What's with them and their low-resolution videos? The Mordor trailer was like 480 I think and this one's 720. D:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447
    Well, I have been leveling my Warden to 112 using Mathom armor I opened up at 106 to get the massive Mordor stat bonuses. Took a break and played my Hunter for the Farmers Faire to get all, or most, of those deeds done and the Inn League faction to max. I think I will log her back on, she is level 38 and in Evendim.

As for Mordor, it LOOKS great. Nothing looks better than your first time in Nomans lands looking over the Black Gate. I mean, it really looks great. The ring Epic Story felt like it was totally rushed, but whatever. Spoilers.....the One Ring is destroyed!

The questing is basically the same. Quest Hub, read if you want, just go kill/interact/click on the glowies and return.

The new Shadow system is okay, kind of like the old Radiance system from Moria.

The fact that this is the first expansion that is not geared to using that pathetic War Steed system probably tells you what SSG thinks of the War Steed system. God, what an awful game engine LOTRO uses. Something from 2000, when it was for Asherons Call 2. There is NOTHING more painful that watching that pathetic War Steed chug-chug-chugging away, turning like a drunkem hog, and lagging like one too.

I have not noticed the music. LOTRO, if anyone cares, has the best created music of any MMO ever. You can listen to a lot of it on Youtube. They switched composers a few times over the years and some of the expansions are god awful to listen to...I am looking at YOU, Realms of Isengard and those random brass bursts...lol. But there is so much good music in the game. I just don't think they have the money to make good stuff anymore, in fact I do not think they have any money at all which is probably like Turbine was Daybreaked into SSG.

The loot is nice, just not from a cosmetic point of view....but part of the fun is searching the vast array of loot to mix and match for a nice outfit!

The Mordor Expansion is...well, a Mordor Expansion. Honestly, this game jumped the shark so many years ago. Probably with Helms Deep, maybe a bit before that.

I think that secretly, every LOTRO player wishes this game would just give up the ghost and go away so that some other company with actual 21st century tech would take over the IP and create something better.

Oh well, back to my Hunter.
    Phaedruslivesdoug200463SBFord[Deleted User]Sovrathpantaro
  • doug200463doug200463 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    This video is a prime example of the quality these guys release.. since f2p release this game has lost its attention to detail, and quality of content is horrible.. I do not suggest downloading this game, they are just milking it for ever dime they can since they are at the end of the story.. Play Something Else..
    AlomarRicardo58
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Wtb Lotro 2. I'd love to play in Middle Earth some more and would fork out the cash, but I require a better engine, ui, and combat system in my mmo's these days.
    BruceYee
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

This video is a prime example of the quality these guys release.. since f2p release this game has lost its attention to detail, and quality of content is horrible.. I do not suggest downloading this game, they are just milking it for ever dime they can since they are at the end of the story.. Play Something Else..

Eh, I'd still say tolkien fans that have never tried it should do so. But they should do their research before spending any money.

I'm a lifer and quit for years. I returned earlier this year an was still disappointed even with low expectations. If this game was even slightly engaging and worth playing, I'd have spent money. but to be honest, the content started going down with the first expansion and it's bugged instances. The mirkwood mini expansion was when they truly messed up.

The art style never clicked for me, especially rocky terrain and the inside of castles. Moria looked horrendous for the most part. They only seem to like brown, black and gray and have no clue how to make things stand out. So it's all just a muted mess.

They were much better in areas like the shire and elf lands.
    BruceYee
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

The fact that this is the first expansion that is not geared to using that pathetic War Steed system probably tells you what SSG thinks of the War Steed system. God, what an awful game engine LOTRO uses. Something from 2000, when it was for Asherons Call 2. There is NOTHING more painful that watching that pathetic War Steed chug-chug-chugging away, turning like a drunkem hog, and lagging like one too.

I think that secretly, every LOTRO player wishes this game would just give up the ghost and go away so that some other company with actual 21st century tech would take over the IP and create something better.

lol, I thought that was just me (problems with the war steed) as my internet is "ok". It's virtually unplayable.

I don't think any game company is going to pick up the Lord of the Rings as an mmorpg. that boat has sadly sailed.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    SBFord said:
    What's with them and their low-resolution videos? The Mordor trailer was like 480 I think and this one's 720. D:
    Which is almost the double, see, they're improving! :smiley:

They were dragged through mud (and worse) after the Mordor trailer, and rightfully so, it was crap. This one at least has a direction, some camera movement, etc. Maybe next time they will add a better sound, and at the end they tweak the resolution... ta-da, and they will reach the mere average of what game trailers should look like nowadays :wink:
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Sovrath said:

lol, I thought that was just me (problems with the war steed) as my internet is "ok". It's virtually unplayable.

I don't think any game company is going to pick up the Lord of the Rings as an mmorpg. that boat has sadly sailed.

Sailed...Into the West? =)
    Sovrath
  • jovan021jovan021 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Just let the game die already. It suffered enough. Poor LotRO. :(
    Alomar
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Trailer is way better than Mordor one. At least some story that Mordor trailer lacked.
    I play little at Mordor, but thinking of purchasing it for Lotro points. Judging from World chat, it has super grindy deeds (90 quests in one region with quests being on 7 days cooldown).
    As far as I heard - best armour in Mordor does *not* come from instances. Wrong move, best armour should always be from instances. Then, we have bound to account essences (a real blow to economy), Scholars cannot craft Shadowed essences, Cooks too. Ash is extremely grindy to get and is bound to character. If developers were wise (they aren't) - they would make all stuff at least account bound and let essences be freely traded (not bound).
    Visually Mordor is nice, there is no doubt about that.
    Sometimes I do wish they put game on eternal maintenance after Mordor. Ring is destroyed, forces of Mordor destroyed, grumpy Elves sailed, Aragor the King, hurray hurray. Story ends.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Sometimes I do wish they put game on eternal maintenance after Mordor. Ring is destroyed, forces of Mordor destroyed, grumpy Elves sailed, Aragor the King, hurray hurray. Story ends.
    Hey, and what's with the Shire? I still want to kick Sharkey in the butt and beat those so-called modernists :smiley:

Yeah, that's what I tried to say above as well, within the smirks, this trailer is much better than the Mordor was. Sure, it doesn't mean much since the bar was easy to jump... hehe. And I agree both on the Mordor plus elves for points in the winter, and that the decisions about binding everything is dumb.
  • MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I wish we received Middle-Earth Online as opposed to LoTRO.
    That could have been epic, if it was done right.

Instead we have LoTRO which was, at one point, a very enjoyable game. Not so much anymore.

*sigh* ....what could have been....
    AlomarBruceYee
  • marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Playing a little and waiting to see whether the new instance(s) bring the gang back together.

Lotro has always been good as a way to visualise Tolkien's world, and that's my primary driver just now.
    [Deleted User]

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe