Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Homecoming Brings Collective Neighborhoods Online - WildStar Game Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageHomecoming Brings Collective Neighborhoods Online - WildStar Game Trailer

WildStar has been updated with the Homecoming patch that brings neighborhoods into player where players can work cooperatively to create and build a unique environment together. Neighborhoods include

Read the full story here

Comments

• Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Woot Woot Community guild halls finally
    Mikeha

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I want to play you, but....
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Man, this game is tenacious. I'm shocked they haven't closed down yet.
    VexiusxOctagon7711deniterNilden
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    I just wish they could improve the combat. I'd go back tonight if the combat wasn't so dull (or if I knew about a good RP guild).
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Will never forget, I had 2 cutest sounding girls on teamspeek decorate my house for free.
    fascism
    I actually really enjoyed the setting and graphics for this game. The combat was a pain in the ass, but not a deal-breaker for me. If it wasn't dying, if there was a decent player base, I'd probably play it still.
    Alverant
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    It sounds like they're putting some genuine effort into making this better. It's really not my cup of tea, but for those who enjoy the setting, it might be worth taking a second look. Possibly, even giving it a second chance. The MMO community is pretty unforgiving as a whole, but this might be one of those cases where the developers truly learned from their abysmal launch.
    BruceYee

I self identify as a monkey.

I hope so, I don't want to see another MMO close down.  But they're probably in an awkward situation where people might want to come back, but don't want to put time and effort into something that might close down in the near future.
    BruceYeeLeFantome
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Yep, if they want to grow in player base again, they need to bite the bullet and release an expansion with the typical reset of the game most expansions see or keep it in this abyss and it keeps the stigma it has atm.

Personally i want an expansion to be able to get back into it because i just cant get back into it for long, only new stuff is quick 15min daily zones and bounty board to do stuff ive already done daily.
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    They stated when they launched this game there will be no expansions all content is free, second the player base is only dying because ppl don't give it a chance and the combat isn't so bad it can be kinda blah but shit at least it beats tab target.

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

They stated when they launched this game there will be no expansions all content is free, second the player base is only dying because ppl don't give it a chance and the combat isn't so bad it can be kinda blah but shit at least it beats tab target.

As much as I want to agree with you I feel like saying people don't give it a chance is wrong.

The game has had 3 "launches" and all 3 of them managed to fail. Including the steam launch which brought in a TON of new players, most of which quit. The thing is, at this point, I feel like the more they add, the more interested prior players might be to come give it another shot. At this point who knows, I've been as confused as everyone else as to how it is still running. Especially under NCsoft, who even have taken it off their quarterly earnings and put it under "other" because it is pulling in so little compared to every other game they have. Maybe they see the potential in it too.

I don't want to hate on the game, I love Wildstar. I just wish it would grow like it should, but unfortunately the systems in place just aren't favorable for the average player.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

Some of us prefer tab targeting rather than the mess of AE attacks. The combat and open world nature was a deal breaker for me but there were other minor things that piled on enough to drive me away.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Alverant said:

Some of us prefer tab targeting rather than the mess of AE attacks. The combat and open world nature was a deal breaker for me but there were other minor things that piled on enough to drive me away.
    Wait you didn't like the fact that it was open world? That's the first time I've ever heard that for a game.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    last time i checked the game was dead i never really got into it, another average mmo.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Man, this game is tenacious. I'm shocked they haven't closed down yet.
    Considering NCSofts other shutdowns it's a complete mystery as to how this is still going.
    [Deleted User]

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited September 2017
    Community housing is amazing, can't wait to visit the contest winner plots :wink:
    Alverant said:
    Some of us prefer tab targeting rather than the mess of AE attacks.
    I'm in that camp too, bashing action combat since it showed its ugly head within the genre... and still, it's a very short-sighted and ignorant statement to drop "change the combat and i go back".

I honestly don't get that mindset, maybe it's simply the me-me-me generation, or some issues with parenting :wink:  Said it too when the very same voices destroyed TSW. If you don't play a game, leave it the f.ck alone. The market is so saturated today, that you can find dozens of other games instead, which might be better for you...

It isn't at you @Alverant , as said I agree with you on the combat - in fact Wildstar's combat is easily on the top 5 of my most loathed combat systems :wink:  So what...
    I still used to go back sometimes, explore, do the jumping puzzles, the challenges, and playing around with the plot, with the least combat possible while I'm there.
    But I'd never join a stupid mob waving the "change da combat!" banner... simply because I'm just a temporary, casual player in Wildstar, and I don't have the right to wreck the game of those who actively plays it and like it. I just take from it what I like, and that's it...

... which is atm some decorating :smiley: