Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SotA Telethon TONIGHT! Dem stretch goals!

There's a SotA telethon going on right now and, apparently, they have already raised $52K.  What can I say, these guys are masters at finding suckers.  I wish I could give them more money, but my credit cards are already maxed from buying golden castles.  Those stretch goals really add some meaningful content to the game, though.  Flaming tuba, fuck yeah!

Telethon Stretch Goal Rewards:

• ACHIEVED! $10K: Virtue Bierkrug (aka Beer Stein) (NOTE: image is placeholder)
  • ACHIEVED! $25K: Virtue Oktoberfest Beer/Pretzel/Sausage Banner
  • ACHIEVED! $35K: Virtue Oktoberfest Tent with Garland Decoration hanging from ceiling
  • ACHIEVED! $50K: Virtue Dirndl: traditional female Bavarian outfit
  • $65K: Virtue Lederhosen: traditional male Bavarian outfit
  • $80K: Virtue Flaming Tuba

Comments

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    MightyUncleanbartoni33
  • Aron_SwordmasterAron_Swordmaster Member UncommonPosts: 181
    The figures are actually down on their monthly Begathons, by nearly 50% too.  And their SeedInvest specifically stated this;
    and we have one of our periodic telethons coming up which commonly net us in excess of $100k additional funds.

They sold shares in Portalarium based on figures they must have known they couldn't maintain, and it's already collapsed.

The Cultists are busy spinning on Reddit etc that this was because it only lasted 4 hours not 12, and the rewards weren't that good... but most of them are actually purchasing to sell as RMT, so neither dedication to sit there for less hours, nor the items desirability for ownership was the issue.

The reality is, as I predicted before the SeedInvest, that most of the income coming in is from people spending far too much already... and the massive drop in the first Begathon after the SeedInvest closed is down because they can't stretch that much further, either financially or the trust is now starting to die even amongst the remaining Cultists.

It may pick up again next month, when there's no other demand for money active, and it'll be interesting to see by how much if it does. Meanwhile, they've already announced another Free Trial whilst the previous hasn't even had time to go cold. The game is struggling.

And it's glorious.

Ice-Queen
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited September 2017
    Good.  The sooner the money is drained out of the hands of people buying things like this, the sooner those people won't have the money to buy more things like this in the future, hopefully resulting in us (or at least, our grandchildren) not getting things like this anymore so others can focus on making better things instead.

...while it's a lot in terms of how many people of interesting tastes they were able to get to pony up, $52,000 isn't very much in terms of company expenses, though.
    Post edited by Tiamat64 on
    Ice-QueenLeFantome