Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We Built a KILLER $3600 Ryzen PC for Destiny 2 (and are Giving Away a Ryzen 5 1500X!) - General Hard

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageWe Built a KILLER $3600 Ryzen PC for Destiny 2 (and are Giving Away a Ryzen 5 1500X!) - General Hardware Reviews

This week, we launched the hardware coverage on our YouTube channel with a killer Ryzen gaming build. With Destiny 2 just around the corner, we worked with all of our hardware partners to put together a build that will not only produce a rock your FPS but also set you up to do all of the streaming and game capture you could want. Click through to check it out.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    DMKano said:
    That is a pretty bad $3600 build.

I mean if you are going to have that kind of budget - go all out on things that matter like GPU, mobo+cpu+ RAM, m2 drives and monitors.

I know that the parts were gifted so you could only do so much.... still I just look at the price tag and the end result.... not good
    The number is there to impress the layman.
    CapodecinawingoodOzmodan

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Something to note about MSI motherboads, the power saving options are really bad and have been known to be default settings for them.
    [Deleted User]ConstantineMerusOzmodan
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Built a stronger one for about 1k less (including monitorprices)
    Ozmodan
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Is this the hardware critic thread? 

How dare they offer a free bad a$$ computer to someone for free!!!  Get the pitchforks and torches and lets storm the place!!!!
    [Deleted User]SBFordConstantineMerusOctagon7711[Deleted User]GeekDadManToodlesWylfwingoodSavageHorizonand 2 others.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Talonsin said:

How dare they offer a free bad a$$ computer to someone for free!!!  Get the pitchforks and torches and lets storm the place!!!!

I don't think I saw any one scoffing at the fact that it as a free giveaway. They're saying for the claimed value of the build they could have built something a lot stronger. The average PC gamer (who probably built their own rig) would agree.
    GdemamiToodles
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Talonsin said:

Looks like they're giving away a Ryzen 5 1500X, not the PC.
    ExcessionGruntyXingbairong
    edited September 2017
    Out of habit, I just keep doing the usd to cad conversion in my head. Just can't help myself ;)

$4500 cad = Ouch 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    What YouTube video?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited September 2017
    What YouTube video?
    The one shown with the article http://www.mmorpg.com/hardware-reviews/we-built-a-killer-3600-ryzen-pc-for-destiny-2-and-are-giving-away-a-ryzen-5-1500x-1000012002

Edit: The vid is on page 1 of the article, looks like the main link leads to page 2 for some reason. The link I posted above will take you to page 1.
    Octagon7711
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    While it certainly is a nice piece of hardware I expect more for $3600. Besides the CPU it is equal or worse to my build which I put half that sum into. And while it is a huge upgrade from my 6800K it is not a $1800 worth difference.
    Gdemami
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Torval said:

Talonsin said:

I don't think I saw any one scoffing at the fact that it as a free giveaway. They're saying for the claimed value of the build they could have built something a lot stronger. The average PC gamer (who probably built their own rig) would agree.
    There is an expression about looking a gift horse in the mouth. It fits here.
    I promise, if I win it I would keep my mouth shut, also the horse's. 
    [Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Forgrimm said:
    What YouTube video?
    The one shown with the article http://www.mmorpg.com/hardware-reviews/we-built-a-killer-3600-ryzen-pc-for-destiny-2-and-are-giving-away-a-ryzen-5-1500x-1000012002

Edit: The vid is on page 1 of the article, looks like the main link leads to page 2 for some reason. The link I posted above will take you to page 1.
    We linked the video again on page 2. :)
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

I swear, this site .... even when they're giving away something for free people talk shit about it, lol.

To me it just seems like people are expressing their opinion. It's a fact that a better PC could be built for that amount, but considering that almost all the parts were donated I don't see any issue.

Also @Forgrimm already mentioned this, but it seems that a lot of people are still misunderstanding. They are giving away Ryzen 5 1500x processor, not the whole setup.
    [Deleted User]angerbeaver
  • ghettocelebghettoceleb Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Clean build.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Loke666 said:

While it certainly is a nice piece of hardware I expect more for $3600. Besides the CPU it is equal or worse to my build which I put half that sum into. And while it is a huge upgrade from my 6800K it is not a $1800 worth difference.

and when you built your pc gpu and memory prices where a bit cheaper there kinda high right now
    ghettocelebXingbairong
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I think the build looks awesome. I think the video and article showcases the parts really well.  While it might not be the build I would make for 3600, it's certainly an amazing build. 

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    edited September 2017
    I so want to get this. Then I'm going to make a rig with like a GTX660 just to piss people off, lol. 
    Xingbairong

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    Good video & really impressive build. Thanks MMORPG.com & all the contributors. Good luck to us all on the contest.
    maskedweasel
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    What i didn't understand was for $3600 they were not even doing 4k. Surely the system could handle it for that much?
    atzbacha1s
    I swear, this site .... even when they're giving away something for free people talk shit about it, lol.
    I haven't seen anyone knock the system down... yet ;)

Its a nice looking rig.

Its marketing...  In the case of a give away/contest, one wants the prize to look as valuable as possible.
    Gdemamiatzbacha1s

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    Just built a AMD Threadripper, 2 EVGA 1080 TI ICX, 64gig ram, MSI X399 mobo, Thermaltake 360 Watercooler, for almost that same price and I need this one for my 2nd machine!!!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for the giveaway! It looks awesome!
    atzbacha1sOzmodan
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis

Stizzled said:

This is kinda funny, while at work I had a $3600 build sitting in my Newegg cart, just messing around. Of course mine had a Threadripper 1950X, 1080Ti, 32GB RAM, 1TB 960 EVO and a 1,000 watt PSU for shits and giggles.

I see all the Amazon links, but I still don't know how the hell you guys managed to spend that much on that hardware, even with that monitor. Still a nice rig though and cool of you guys to give it away.

They didn't spend anything on it, and they're not giving it away.
    Ozmodan
  • galeenergaleener Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Ya I think its a bitt over priced in value for whats listed

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited September 2017