Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

What destiny got wrong was the loot.. it's too simple. Logically tiered. They should have expanded it in the sequel so it's more like a Borderlands system. Mostly random, lots of it and feels like you're always getting new toys until you're in the top 1%.. then and only then do you focus on tiered set piece exotics. That's what it should be like; loot carnage while you gear up then tiered progression for absolute endgame.

Personal preferences are funny things. I think the Borderlands games are trash but really enjoyed Destiny 1, except having to play it on a console controller of course. I'm not looking for every mob to be a loot pinata, that gets old pretty quick.

It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other though does it? They could have made it so you only get a big pinata at the end of a mission... even if the chance of getting junk is much more likely than something good. Then you could at least salvage it all or something to get something useful later.

My point is that they could have made it much more rewarding, progressive and addictive in some way, instead of the all or nothing approach.. which is more likely to be nothing.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639

What destiny got wrong was the loot.. it's too simple. Logically tiered. They should have expanded it in the sequel so it's more like a Borderlands system. Mostly random, lots of it and feels like you're always getting new toys until you're in the top 1%.. then and only then do you focus on tiered set piece exotics. That's what it should be like; loot carnage while you gear up then tiered progression for absolute endgame.

Personal preferences are funny things. I think the Borderlands games are trash but really enjoyed Destiny 1, except having to play it on a console controller of course. I'm not looking for every mob to be a loot pinata, that gets old pretty quick.

It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other though does it? They could have made it so you only get a big pinata at the end of a mission... even if the chance of getting junk is much more likely than something good. Then you could at least salvage it all or something to get something useful later.

My point is that they could have made it much more rewarding, progressive and addictive in some way, instead of the all or nothing approach.. which is more likely to be nothing.
    I must have had a much different experience in D1 that you. I never felt like there wasn't enough loot/upgrades/progression. One thing i despise in games is an over abundance of loot, it clogs up inventory space and is usually just masking bad gameplay by making the player feel like they got something.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    I played hundreds of hour of D1 sunslinger Warlock, I'll be diving in tomorrow on my ps4.