Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of The Witcher - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageCelebrating the 10th Anniversary of The Witcher - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Videos - MMORPG.com

It's hard to believe that Geralt et al have been around for a decade. During this weekend's PAX West, CD Projekt Red paid an emotional tribute to Geralt and the series. It's a lovely nod to a great series.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Very well done but why is he wearing armor at a party?

(never mind I know, it's always seemed silly to me when they don't change out to proper clothes for various cutscenes, etc)
    TsiyaEiley
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ViterzgirViterzgir Member UncommonPosts: 19
    LOL Geralt sounds like Batman in English :)
  • ErlijusErlijus Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I can think of no other company being so generous with its fans... Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games ever made (story - not some manichean BS, but a real grey world from Middle Ages, graphics, music...), they gave us DLC that would make anyother developper release a new full game a full price, and now, they are thanking us for playing this game with a wonderful new CGI scene!

So here is to all of us, CD PRojekt Red: to you, as a very generous developper/publisher, and to all of us who enjoyed your games!
    AlomarrodingoSpellshaper
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    Very well done. That last scene deserves to be a wallpaper for all The Witcher fans to on their screens. Was it needed? No. However that just shows how CD Projekt Red values their fans throughout the years, will take that extra step, & this video illustrates that.
    AlomarMrMelGibsonrodingoSpellshaper
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Loved it! Thank you so much for making this. Makes me want Witcher 4 so bad. <3 <3
    AlomarMrMelGibson

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Wow, I've never seen such a touching and neat post-game official video like that, especially dedicated to thanking the fans/players. I love how they snuck in there a continuation of Geralt's story following Blood and Wine, boy do I wish this was only the start of the trilogy not the end. CD Projekt Red = best developer ever
    GreyhavenGorwerodingo
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • GreyhavenGreyhaven Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Very cool...we will probably never see it, but I would love to have a MMO based in that world.
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Every one of these celebration and anniversary mocks the aging of me.

Jokes aside, it just felt like yesterday!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Classy studio with a fun video for fans... CDPR is the model of what a great studio should be.
    MrMelGibsonrodingoConstantineMerusSpellshaperGorwe
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    This makes me all the happier that CDPR is handling Cyberpunk 2077.
    MrMelGibsonConstantineMerus
  • skakrukskakruk Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Can't wait to see Ciri in Cyberpunk 2077. :)
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    That was actually really cool. And why is he wearing armor at a party, cause he is badass! That's why!
    MrMelGibson
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Never really cared for the first two in the series but Witcher 3 was pretty good, minus the combat, which is by far the worst part of each game.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Great IP!
    Gorwe

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Gorwe said:

Mensur said:

Great IP!

But kinda an reiteration of Elric, wouldn't you say? Just with Slavic elements added. Note: Geralt's even of the same hair color as Elric. Couldn't Sapkowski be more imaginative? Would it kill the character if the hair color was black or blonde?
    No, not really. 
  • aeunexcoreaeunexcore Member UncommonPosts: 45
    edited September 2017
    Roach FTW!
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I dont know how I missed this april fools joke from CPR in 2016 but its pretty funny.