Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What upcoming mmorpg are you excited for?

13»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Coated said:
     F2P is a dead game to me.
    to you. But fun for freeriders and whales, and $$$ for devs.

Many of the big online games are f2p now (LoL, WoT, Hearthstone ...).
    It was one thing when the companies with no players were doing f2p, but now even the big boys have gone this route...it doesn't bother me and to be honest I like it alot better than p2p.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Versions of this thread topic have existed with the same games being mentioned for years now...

Will we see anything by Christmas this year?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Nilden said:
    Versions of this thread topic have existed with the same games being mentioned for years now...

Destiny 2.
    [Deleted User]

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Siphaed said:
    Nilden said:

Destiny 2.
    That's funny the first sentence in the wiki calls it...

Destiny 2 is an upcoming online-only multiplayer first-person shooter video game

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny_2

How exactly is Destiny 2 a MMORPG?

Is it in this 3 person instance run gameplay?

Gdemami

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Nilden said:

That's funny the first sentence in the wiki calls it...

It is funny that this website calls it a MMOFPS.

http://www.mmorpg.com/games-list

Sure,  it is not a MMORPG, per se, but probably close enough. In fact, will any of its player actually care if it is, or it is no, a MMORPG, MMOFPS, MMO, or any of those labels?
  • Kaymac201Kaymac201 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Pretty much just Crowfall, and even then, I am more interested than excited. I'm still sad about Everquest Next.. really would have liked to have seen how that came out/
    Aelious
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Nilden said:

The problem is, there's a Christmas every year.  "Yes" to that question could mean Christmas of *this* year, or Christmas of 2027.  It seems that too many of the games in progress are closer to 2027 than 2017.

But, yes, there have been quite a few games on Christmas lists for several years now.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    I play a lot of games that are released in Korea, Japan, and China. I am currently waiting on Project Illusion. Its concept is decent, but for mature audiences... but VR technology will have to improve and become more affordable before it goes live. 
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Why this site does nothing about Narius is beyond me. This thread shows him basically begging for attention.

Sadly, no MMO's I am looking forward too. I haven't played any in awhile. Waiting for something new. Could be a few years or more until that happens. In the meantime I am enjoying other standard multiplayer games and a bunch of solo games.
    Gdemami
    madazz said:
    Why this site does nothing about Narius is beyond me. This thread shows him basically begging for attention.

What do you mean "does nothing"? You did not see that they gave me warnings? Given you are one of those who cares so much about the logical definition of MMO, i though you will be more careful about the definition of "nothing". Well, i suppose people can be hypocrites.

I think "begging" is a strong word. Attention is so easy that it is more like "can't even shake the spot light if i want to". Case in point, you have to put up a post, half of it has nothing to do with the topic, just to talk about me.

ConstantineMerus
    Torval said:
    For the long term Ashes. For the short term, Destiny 2. I'm still interested in my main games though - SWL, ESO, TOR, and LotRO.

wowowowow ... you didn't get the memo? Many here are crusading against calling Destiny 2 as a MMO, not to mention MMORPG.

Now I am not judgmental, and I fully support your first amendment right of calling Destiny 2 anything you like, but don't think that i did not warn you about others here.