Launch class?

MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson USAMember EpicPosts: 2,234
Just curious what everyone is planning on playing at launch.  If you're undecided, what classes and sub-classes are you hoping to try out in the upcoming beta?

Personally, I never had a chance to play Destiny 1 so my choice of class is solely based off liking what I've read.

I believe my main class will be a Warlock, but not sure which direction i'll take him.  I also like the Titan and am leaning towards the Capt. America shield thrower.  Seems like it could have some really interesting combos with the other classes.  For some reason I don't have much initial interest in the Hunter.  But I think I'll play him first in the beta to see how that class plays.  
The Guardians!
  1. Preferred Class!42 votes
    1. Titan
      35.71%
    2. Warlock
      33.33%
    3. Hunter
      30.95%
DragnelusTheScavenger

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson USAMember EpicPosts: 2,234
    Anyone else having an issue with using the poll I posted?
    blueturtle13
  • GilcroixGilcroix WIMember UncommonPosts: 214
    I tried them all last night and decided on Titan - Striker. Warlord was ok except I didn't like either of the supers. Hunter had my favorite super with the arcstrider but the dodge skill was just horrible.
    MrMelGibson
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing Editor Berea, OHMMORPG.COM Staff EpicPosts: 4,028
    I think Warlock, for me. 
    MrMelGibson

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

I think Warlock, for me. 
    I think that's what I decided on as well.
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Valve Corporation Member LegendaryPosts: 9,758
    Titan for me =)
    MrMelGibson

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,361
    Verdict is still out for me. I need a few more rounds with each to decide. Each class has something so cool about it.
    MrMelGibson
    Album: The Who Sell Out
    Featured Tracks: Heinz Baked Beans, Our Love Was, Hall of the Mountain King (the first and most awesome rock version)
    Torval said:
    Verdict is still out for me. I need a few more rounds with each to decide. Each class has something so cool about it.
    I know what you mean.  I'm most likely playing a warlock, but the Titan is enticing as well.  As far as the Ariel moves with the warlock.  I found that his magic sword ability can be used while walking on the ground as well.
    Torval
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Tybee Island, GA.Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Lock

The scary part is one day the world will be run by adults who were never spanked as kids and got trophies just for participating.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,653
    edited September 1
    upper-middle

....titan
    Post edited by DMKano on
    MrMelGibson
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 5,695
    As an altoholic I'll take the forth option and play all three. :smiley:
    MrMelGibson

"Change is the only constant."

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,361
    Probably Warlock, but maybe Titan. Definitely not Hunter.
    MrMelGibsonblueturtle13
    Album: The Who Sell Out
    Featured Tracks: Heinz Baked Beans, Our Love Was, Hall of the Mountain King (the first and most awesome rock version)
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember RarePosts: 3,430
    I loved Warlocks in the original Destiny, everything else wasn't as fun to me. So I'm definitely rolling warlock on launch. Who knows, maybe I'll eventually roll a hunter since that was my second class before.
    MrMelGibson
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember RarePosts: 1,095
    I'll go gunslinger again. 
    MrMelGibsonTorval
    I am a piece of carbon with a soul, wondering where I got it from. 
    - Drunken Mozart in the Desert
    I'll go gunslinger again. 
    I might consider that.  I really enjoyed the handcannon my warlock and Hunter used.
    ConstantineMerusTorval
  • kitaradkitarad RomeMember EpicPosts: 3,621
    Is there a fov adjuster? 

kitarad said:
    Is there a fov adjuster? 
    Yes, there was.  I believe the default setting was 85 and could be adjusted quite a bit above that.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 7,723
    Warlock
    MrMelGibson
    Age of Wushu 2 is a sandbox innovative triple A game built with Unreal Engine 4 that will be launched in 2018. It is based on "real martial art" concepts with naturalistic and societal survival elements. With grand scenes of the world, highly appealing picture atmosphere, rich details such as vegetation , architecture, characters and other real delicate texture performance, it is a combination of high-quality visual effects, bringing an user-level sensory experience. Whether it is physical destruction of the scene, or based on the true performance of IK technology in movement and combat, Age of Wushu 2 brings a whole evolution of gaming experience.
    http://9yin2.woniu.com/
  • kitaradkitarad RomeMember EpicPosts: 3,621
    kitarad said:
    Is there a fov adjuster? 
    Yes, there was.  I believe the default setting was 85 and could be adjusted quite a bit above that.
    Wonderful thanks
    MrMelGibson

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Zielona GóraMember UncommonPosts: 114
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYMember RarePosts: 2,146
    edited September 26
    I'm probably going Warlock. That is what my friend is.

However. No idea what Destiny 2 is about or how it plays or anything. I did watch a video, but then stopped when the tutorial/beginning part ended as I don't want to spoil the story.

My friend says its amazing, and there is a lot to do as a solo dude. He is far less social than me (he doesn't even go to forums and doesn't even have a facebook account lol), but he says there is tons for him to do without talking to or grouping with anyone. So sounds great to me. And the game looks like a lot of fun.

Figure I'll just go in mostly blind, and enjoy the game and be surprised by it. I already know I'll like it from what little I watched. Plus me and my friend have very similar tastes in games, so its a pretty sure fire enjoyment.

I do know its a multiplayer game, but if my friend who is far more anti-social than I am enjoys the game and has a lot to do...that is enough for me.

However, I'll probably group sometimes if its random matched and I don't need to actually find a group. Like the LFD thing in WoW. My friend doesn't even like that rofl. If it isn't like LFD, then if my friend has a lot of enjoyment out of it and a lot to do, still sounds good enough to me.
    Post edited by TheScavenger on
    MrMelGibsonTorval

My adult gaming and mods website (various games, adult mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 

http://nsfwgaming.wixsite.com/adultgamingandmods

And my Youtube channel (for nature/relaxation/meditation videos)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 5,695
    I read people were upset because those who played the same class three times got reduced drops quality on the other two.
    MrMelGibson

"Change is the only constant."

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Zielona GóraMember UncommonPosts: 114
  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 8,868
    For primary weapons i always have trouble choosing between Scout Rifle and Auto Rifle, either way, its going to be a hunter, its a long long time though till 24th of October! keeping fingers crossed they don't screw up, i need my 60fps!
    MrMelGibsonTorval
  • RaquisRaquis hartenbosMember UncommonPosts: 774
    I watched a guy play destiny 2 and it looks like everyone will be either warlock or titan nobody likes the hunter, lol.I am only buying Destiny 2 on pc till monster hunter and Code Vein releases;).
    MrMelGibsonTorval
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember RarePosts: 1,095
    Raquis said:
    I watched a guy play destiny 2 and it looks like everyone will be either warlock or titan nobody likes the hunter, lol.I am only buying Destiny 2 on pc till monster hunter and Code Vein releases;).
    I played a hunter through Destiny 1. I would try a new class on PS4, but on PC I am looking forward to aim my sniper with a mouse. Man that oughta feel fucking good!!
    PhryMrMelGibsonTorval
    I am a piece of carbon with a soul, wondering where I got it from. 
    - Drunken Mozart in the Desert