Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game of Thrones: Conquest - A Mobile Strategy MMO - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageGame of Thrones: Conquest - A Mobile Strategy MMO - MMORPG.com News

Turbine has announced that it is accepting pre-registrations for its upcoming mobile strategy MMO called Game of Thrones: Conquest. The game is set for release for both iOS and Android devices later in 2017.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited August 2017
    So it wasn't hoax. I'm no fan of Game of Thrones, but cool I guess for those who are; even if it is just a mobile game.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Shit! Turbine ?!

Who the hell is selling those licensing to Turbine ? Lord of the Rings and now this ?!

Very fucking pathetic !
    TillerRicardo58

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Asheron's Call

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I really hate this mobile gaming buullshit sucking up all the good ip's . Was hoping for someone to announce something on PC instead we get far cry 5and call of dooty 12 and if you play console there is always madden 18..... sigh
    XarkoTruvidien88BruceYeeXophAlomar
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    thunderC said:
    I really hate this mobile gaming buullshit sucking up all the good ip's . Was hoping for someone to announce something on PC instead we get far cry 5and call of dooty 12 and if you play console there is always madden 18..... sigh
    Mobile games are where the big profits are, so they can afford to pay top dollar for all the "hot" IP's, and bring a game to market in record time, which generates maximum profits...
    JeffSpicoliMrMelGibson
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ohh Turbine ..how you have fallen ....:(
    Xarko
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Why is the Game of Thrones license worth nothing in gaming?

Seriously, we need a quality A Song of Ice and Fire game. Not a Telltale interactive movie. Not a crap game by a crap studio (Cyanide Studios). And certainly not a goddamn mobile game. It is disgraceful that one of the greatest fantasy series ever written is so mishandled and spat on in a medium in which it should be the next Dragon Age Origins or The Witcher.
    JeffSpicoliseozXophAlomarMrMelGibson
  • bennylongbennylong Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Mobile is where money is
    Hytek
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Link to Target's page or I'm not believing it.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Meh, looks just another 'Free' 2 Play cash-in. '$50 value' LMAO
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    using some cheap still art/pictures from a popular TV series to support a common cheap cash grab design is really lame.Tons of people will spend cash shop money on this just because of the title.
    There are lots of games identical to this that do not deserve anyone's time.
    So far mobile gaming has been a joke,nothing worth wasting money on,yet the industry is making multiple millions.

they will have spent WAY more on licensing than the actual game.
    vito11

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    my guess its going to be like the lord of the rings mobile game. where you are surrounded by a gajillion other ppl with bubbles around your city. and generic maps etc. im hoping its something different but its prob the same city builder, conquer type stuff we've seen so many times..

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    There are a lot of good book and TV series that deserve a good companion game.

Thing is, I can't think of any that have really gotten one that is equal to or surpases the source material. LOTRO may be one of the best game adaptations yet, and as good as that game has been over the years, it still pales in comparison to the possibilities that exist within Tolkien's work.

SWG wasn't bad either, as a companion to the Star Wars universe, along with KOTOR. But again, still didn't touch the caliber of the source material.

There was a horrible Robert Jordan Wheel of Time game adaptation that comes to mind immediately.

Games based on books - I know there are a lot more out there, but I'm drawing a blank. That would be a good topic in and of itself.
  • SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Wasn't Bethesda also rumored to have a game of thrones IP in the works
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Booooooooo.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    They got the license because WB owns Turbine and WB owns HBO. This will most likely be a hardcore cash grab mobile game for those who only play mobile games cause WB gave up on PC players years ago. They also only use the Turbine name when it fits their agenda somehow and in this case I think it's to make it seem like it's not WB Games making it cause to many people them licensing their own stuff to themselves would look cheap, right? Turbine stopped being its own company a long time ago just like Bioware and Blizzard who's every action is dictated by the companies that own them, EA & Activision.
    Gnogg
  • vito11vito11 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Just gonnA be another bullshit clone just like Clash of clans/Clash of kings/Invasions and all those other bullshit cookie cutter copy paste games. Same shit, different pictures/models stc.. Its ludicrous how much money idiots pY for these stupid unoriginal games.. its all the same shit. They makes millions and millions a week/month for doing nothing original.
  • Koukos2004Koukos2004 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    seriously...they gave this ip for a travian type game when there are THOUSANDS crap games like this everywhere...what a waste.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

• StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I really do not understand the appeal of mobile games.
    AlomarSpottyGekko
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Would be awesome if it was a real game and not some mobile garbage. The real problem is the people who play mobile garbage and pay for the micro-transactions.
    Alomar
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    All these years, all these fans, all this potential $$$, and we get nothing but a p2w mobile rts.... The first rpg and rts were forgivable since the show hadn't proven to be such a success yet, but for goodness sakes there is huge untapped potential to make a wide variety of quality GOT games that fans would eat up.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited September 2017
    It'll probably be exactly like every other city building pay-to-win mobile game out there.  Come play, my lord!
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    If you have a tablet there are a lot of really fun mobile games.  I used to think like you too.  Till I gave mobile games a chance.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    If you have a tablet there are a lot of really fun mobile games.  I used to think like you too.  Till I gave mobile games a chance.
    Ubiquity of access.

Want to play in bed before falling asleep?  No problem.  Sleeping on the couch?  Don't want to wake the kids?  Arrived at an appointment half an hour early and not in the mood for meditation?  Got you covered.

There are immersive, fully 3D games for mobile out there, by the way.  There have been since 2011.  Before someone gibes about attention spans or some such, I have an advanced degree; I'm somewhat comfortable with my own neurology and behaviorism.  I'm aware of the addictive nature of omnipresent internet et cetera, and armed with this knowledge to all mobile developers boldly go forth I say.
    MrMelGibson

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance