Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile - The Exiled Tribune - China Launch, XBox One & Plans for the Future - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile - The Exiled Tribune - China Launch, XBox One & Plans for the Future - MMORPG.com

Over the last month or so, Grinding Gear Games has been busy with a Path of Exile expansion release, a console release and making sure the game’s in the best shape ever – all while looking to the future as well. We asked for some of your burning questions and sent them along to GGG. Today, we have the answers straight from the team.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    After the last big update i came back and played a new character all the way to the end of Act 10. It took me less than a week, and now i'm done. That is the most i can handle playing this game with a mouse. I'm considering getting an Xbox One slim on black friday for very cheap, and if i do get it, i will definitely play again with native controller scheme.

This game was good before, and the last update made it so much better. Good job GGG.
    Coolmer

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    This game has incredible potential. New players will flock to the game now that it has a complete campaign, but honestly as a 5 year veteran i can say this game has some very serious problems. The balance team is extremely incompetent. The last set of patch destroyed more mechanics including main game mechanics like Energy Shield and Poison.

They balance arbitrarily. If something becomes too popular or can reach 100 too fast or kill shaper quickly they nerf it into the ground so hard that things arent even functional. Its incredibly sad, because in a game with almost endless possibilities there really are at only one given time maybe a handful of strong things to play.

With the homogenization of every strong or fun mechanic that pops up, and the eventual atomic nerf bomb that follows, almost every build plays exactly the same way. A main AOE skill, a movement skill, a couple of auras, and 1-2 defensive flex skills of a players choice which almost everyone uses the same thing anyway. I really wish GGG would stick to their original mantra of presenting skills/items/passives that have both incredible upsides and incredible downsides and let player creativity overcome. The game was so much more enjoyable back when it played like that.
    AnskierCoolmer
  • CoolmerCoolmer Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Also as 5 year veteran can say, last expansion is worst till now. Game is totally out of balance, long waiting fresh wind to life builds, is nothing then energy shield nerf to the ground, totally destroyed and not even one life node in whole tree fixed, seems they lately knew only to destroy, there is no anymore diversity of builds.
    "new league economy" is disaster, drop does not exist anymore, peoples are forced to wear biscos (white mob inc drop quantity amulet, LoL) to grind anything, so much bad things come with last patch that makes league dead before it starts.
    Also challenging rewards are disaster, ugliest of ugliest ever seen anywhere.
    Not even one month and game is full of ghosts, my friends list in game don't exist, on weekends few come and rather play standard (permanent content) then new league.
    I love leagues and fresh economy but that is one lightning year far away what league meant.
    Shame what most call Open-alpha 3.0 in term of balance and expansion, thumb down from me and my Guild about patching and fixing.