Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UPDATED - RUMOR CONFIRMED - Curse of Osiris Coming in December - Destiny 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageUPDATED - RUMOR CONFIRMED - Curse of Osiris Coming in December 

Updating our story from last week, it appears that the rumored Destiny 2 expansion, Curse of Osiris, is indeed true. The XBox Store is featuring a page for the expansion with details, though no pricing information.

ORIGINAL: Destiny 2 News - Kotaku has a preview of what it purports to be the first Destiny 2 DLC. Called The Curse of Osiris, the information presented was gleaned from sources close to the game's development.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Should we be shocked that there is already DLC in the works for a game that hasn't been released...?

Sadly, no.
    DAOWAce
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

saltyd said:

Should we be shocked that there is already DLC in the works for a game that hasn't been released...?

Sadly, no.

Nah not since the game has been completed for a while and is coming out extremely soon (the 6th). The second a game is done usually they start developing DLC or content if it's something that is going to be constantly updated. Just because they can't really do anything to the base game now that it's finalized other than bug fixing.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    saltyd said:

Sadly, no.
    Then you clearly don't have any idea about how game updates/expansions/dlc's works. 
    Asch126SovrathWraithone

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    saltyd said:

Sadly, no.
    I'd be more shocked if companies like Bungie  payed there artists etc. to sit around and do nothing after they have completed their tasks.

Or do you think they should just lay everyone off and try to re-hire them after the game releases?

BananaSoupJeroKanePhixion13SovrathWraithone

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This SHOULD be part of the content EXPECTED right now in a purchase price.Let's cut the bull,this game is FOR SALE,they want your money to play it,simple as that.
    Selling a game and claiming unfinished and announcing content being worked on should be part of the same finished package and NOT an added sale.

This garbage marketing schemes need to stop,people need to stop supporting them,i have already decided Blizzard/Activision is a low ball scammy operation,they are not getting my money even if i think D2 is a good enough game to play and it is.

This is how giant corporations who have millionaire's like Kotick treat their customers,let's try and grind  and rip them off as much as we can,screw them for making us rich.
    You as a developer/publisher do NOT deserve good media/press when you try to scam your customers who make you rich,you deserve the opposite,to be black balled,stop giving their entire operation money.

Let them rot for awhile,when they start feeling the pinch.let them come back begging for customers,drop the prices,support your customers properly with a proper amount of content warranted from a purchase price.
    BruceYeeSaltyDog79AlomarvolttArskaaabartoni33BananaSoupPhixion13KimoWraithone

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

IceAge said:

saltyd said:

Sadly, no.

Then you clearly don't have any idea about how game updates/expansions/dlc's works. 

I think you should be speaking for yourself. This bull marketing of announcing DLC that you have to PAY for before the game is even out, after spending $60 already, is beyond greedy and ridiculous and yet people keep falling for it.
    SaltyDog79Alomar[Deleted User]bartoni33Phixion13Wraithone
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    edited August 2017

IceAge said:

saltyd said:

Sadly, no.

and I'm guessing you clearly don't have any idea how sarcasm/satire/exaggeration works...

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Asch126 said:

IceAge said:

saltyd said:

Sadly, no.

I think you should be speaking for yourself. This bull marketing of announcing DLC that you have to PAY for before the game is even out, after spending $60 already, is beyond greedy and ridiculous and yet people keep falling for it.

Who announced anything? Read the subject again. Seems like legitimate business to me.
    IceAge
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Asch126 said:

IceAge said:

saltyd said:

Sadly, no.

RUMOR , ring a bell ?! But then again, you might think is they who did that right? Because leaks never happen.

Plus , yeah! Updates, expansions, etc , are done in advance, because you wouldn't want to be in a situation where players will be like "wtf? no updates? lolololo game dying" . 

They have a "map" of things which needs to be done way before game releases and every dev is sticking to it no matter what. So go cry me a river !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    I'm not fussed about them starting on the next bit of content, that makes sense to me, but selling DLC content before your base game is even out yet and before we know what the DLC even is, I know it's up to the person as the end of the day, but just horrid flash backs to Destiny 1.

Hopefully my thoughts are wrong

bartoni33
  • LeonardValenciaLeonardValencia Member CommonPosts: 13
    edited August 2017
    I'm looking forward to the update, i hope it will be awesome.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Woo, DLC talk when the game isn't even released yet.

I don't know why I'm surprised.
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Think it is too early to condemn dlc without seeing what features d2 has or may be lacking on release.  Will wait to see all the games features on release before deciding to buy or not buy and with or without season pass. 
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Division fail? anyone? :D
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    Selling season pass before base game's release date is pathethic.

And these so called "gamers" who defend this kind of politic are...yeah, look above.
    BananaSoupSaltyDog79
  • LoganthirLoganthir Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Not remotely surprised. They milked the first Destiny, they cut content from it and then sell it by DLC AND Expansion. Why they will not try it again?
    SaltyDog79
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

saltyd said:

Sadly, no.

Nah not since the game has been completed for a while and is coming out extremely soon (the 6th). The second a game is done usually they start developing DLC or content if it's something that is going to be constantly updated. Just because they can't really do anything to the base game now that it's finalized other than bug fixing.

unless you play PC; then it comes out october 24th :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    edited August 2017

Cygi said:

Selling season pass before base game's release date is pathethic.

And these so called "gamers" who defend this kind of politic are...yeah, look above.

You are pathetic and your English sucks. This comes from a Pole.
    SaltyDog79
    You are pathetic
    Truth hurts I suppose.
    SaltyDog79
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Cygi said:
    You are pathetic
    Truth hurts I suppose.
    Who doesn't sell seasons passes before the game is out? One could argue anything and everything in this world is pathetic, but there is no good reason to actually do so. It just ends up being a patheticism . . .
    edited September 2017

there is no good reason to actually do so
    Yeah, you right, because the only good reason we actually can do is bending on knees and bowing our heads in thanks for season passes. These companies are so good to us, gamers, doing something like this, right?

Right?
    BananaSoup
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    The game is being served in portions there are still things not available like clan tab says server unavailable and first day pvp wasn't queueing up at all. Also their road map shows that next week they will add the 1st raid Leviathan Raid and the npc selling exotics Xur. Also payed 100$ so don't care no matter what they bring is already payed for.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Cygi said:

Yeah, you right, because the only good reason we actually can do is bending on knees and bowing our heads in thanks for season passes. These companies are so good to us, gamers, doing something like this, right?

Right?

You seem angry at things for no obvious or logical reason. Forgive us for not sharing that opinion of yours.
    CrazKanuk[Deleted User]
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Cygi said:

Right?

How about this. You know all the work you have planned for this week? How about I JUST pay you for today? You know, because you're already planning on doing that work, so it should be included in whatever I pay for today. Right? Cool logic bro! 

Next thing you'll tell me is they should give away all WoW expansions for the next decade because they already have them planned out. 
    [Deleted User]

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited September 2017

saltyd said:

Sadly, no.

Well, this actually is worthy of being a DLC! We get an actual brand new exploration zone on a new planet!
    If they keep this up with the other DLC I might actually buy the Expansion pass.
    BananaSoup