Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's Your Most Wanted Game in 2017? - General Columns

Comments

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Warframe EP, Destiny 2, AC: Origins, Guild Wars 2 EP
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• French_Fr1esFrench_Fr1es Member UncommonPosts: 42
    At the moment i play path of exile and Rainbow six siege.They are my favourite games and i still have fan with my friends.I would recomment both of them to play or give a try.At the end of august rainbow will have an uptade with new operators and other things so...its a big deal.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Destiny 2 and gw2 path of fire... plus beta 3.0 of Star Citizen.
    Pretty much this and I would add SQ42.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Hate sh!tty survival games, and that's all we have to suffer these days!
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I'm like quite a few others that have posted on here. Jaded to the brim with the disappointments we have endured. Nothing is on my radar except for Pantheon. I wish I could win the Powerball lottery and just walk up to Visionary Realms and go, "Here is 400 million dollars....Make magic happen"

Not impressed with anything else. I've been sinking my time into Elysium / Warmane WoW Private Servers for the nostalgia sake. Those are keeping me more entertained than I've been with any new releases. The difficulty difference is so much higher, therefore; the appreciation of achievement and success is so much higher.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Crowfall and Camelot.
    Realizer
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited August 2017
    Want? I already have them: Albion Online and The Long Dark

There is nothing else coming out in 2017 I am even remotely interested in playing.

Here's to 2018...

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Mensur said:

Camelot unchained is something to look forward to :)

I'm also looking forward to this :)
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Warframe: Plains of Eidolon and the new Horizon Zero Dawn DLC for this year. Shadow of War got dropped to 'buy the discounted version with all DLC in a year' due to bullshit microtransactions. I also might pick up Absolver, though only if the single player experience and co-op are sufficiently robust, since I don't really care for PvP.

Next year is all about Monster Hunter World though. It just looks so damn epic. Finally I can play MH on a screen bigger than a couple of inches. The new God of War looks like a winner to me as well. Also, while it hasn't been more than vaguely hinted at, I'm hoping to see Bloodborne 2. While it bills itself as an ARPG, I consider it to be one of the best horror games of all time. That game and Horizon have, to me, justified the cost of my PS4 Pro all on their own.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Warframe: Plains of Eidolon and the new Horizon Zero Dawn DLC for this year. Shadow of War got dropped to 'buy the discounted version with all DLC in a year' due to bullshit microtransactions. I also might pick up Absolver, though only if the single player experience and co-op are sufficiently robust, since I don't really care for PvP.

Next year is all about Monster Hunter World though. It just looks so damn epic. Finally I can play MH on a screen bigger than a couple of inches. The new God of War looks like a winner to me as well. Also, while it hasn't been more than vaguely hinted at, I'm hoping to see Bloodborne 2. While it bills itself as an ARPG, I consider it to be one of the best horror games of all time. That game and Horizon have, to me, justified the cost of my PS4 Pro all on their own.
    I'd love Bloodborne 2 but From Software has made it completely clear that they are working on a new IP. But I'm sure we'll see more of it, that IP is just too awesome to retire. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

I'd love Bloodborne 2 but From Software has made it completely clear that they are working on a new IP. But I'm sure we'll see more of it, that IP is just too awesome to retire. 
    They also said they were working on something for an existing IP as well. And since we know Dark Souls isn't going to be getting another installment for quite some time, that leaves either Armored Core (would love a new AC game TBH) or Bloodborne, though I suppose King's Field can't be ruled out either, even if that series basically 'evolved' into Demon's / Dark Souls. But given that Bloodborne's sales greatly exceeded expectations within a month or two of release, I think it's safe to say it'll be getting a sequel. 
    ConstantineMerus

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Nioh
    Zelda: BotW
    Nier: Automata
    Hellblade: Sanua's Sacrifice
    Persona 5

All of the above could have been GOTY for me and all released this year alone, 2017 is one of my favourite gaming years, I can not understand people having nothing to play. Only upcoming game for this year would be Destiny 2, most mentioned above probably won't even release in 2018. CU, Crowfall? Not a chance.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Star Citizen (of course!), Camelot Unchained and the just announced Age of Empires IV.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

They also said they were working on something for an existing IP as well. And since we know Dark Souls isn't going to be getting another installment for quite some time, that leaves either Armored Core (would love a new AC game TBH) or Bloodborne, though I suppose King's Field can't be ruled out either, even if that series basically 'evolved' into Demon's / Dark Souls. But given that Bloodborne's sales greatly exceeded expectations within a month or two of release, I think it's safe to say it'll be getting a sequel. 
    Oh I haven't heard about the existing IP part. That's good news. I think it won't be another medieval fantasy. So yeah, in that case Bloodborne is a nice candidate. But I still believe their new IP would be out sooner than anything else. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    MMORPGs have lost that magic we all felt ages ago. I barely visit this site anymore because there isn't anything exciting to look forward to. I'm still too busy on hour 460 of Witcher 3 and I still have my Oculus Rift game collection I still need to jump into. Hopefully something will surprise me in this genre because it used to be so addicting. ESO is a very good game, but I felt like I'd rather be playing the Witcher 3.

There Is Always Hope!

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515

Kyleran said:

Mensur said:

Camelot unchained is something to look forward to :)

Not this year.

Ohh lol. Guess I'll crawl back into my sleep pod. See you in 2019

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    .Hack Gu Last Recode is mine, its really the only game I am looking forward to for the rest of the year, blows any final fantasy etc out of the water in gameplay and story, characters to. Its a remaster of vol 1-3 of .hack Gu on ps2 with the addition of a new 4th volume, its an all in one so your bascally getting 4 games in 1.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    MU Legend
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Keller said:

SkySaga, I still have hope it will launch this year!

It's not looking likely that will ever release unfortunately.
    A shame, it was as good as many other games out there making money.
    Kyleran
  • ShazPurShazPur Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Trails of Cold Steel 2 for PC.
  • ayeshagurgaonayeshagurgaon Member CommonPosts: 1
    Have you heard Larian chosen to voice over all the discourse in the amusement? They recently reported that. I'm so ludicrously built up for this amusement. http://www.gurgaonfairy.com/
  • BlecodBlecod Member UncommonPosts: 43
    I started playing osrs a while back and just got a tablet so what i am wait for is a ios version of osrs.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    My most wanted game of 2017 was FFXII:Zodiac Age, with Horizon and Nioh being other highlights so far (and I still haven't started Persona 5 :/ ), but now that they are all out... probably Battlechasers: Night War.
    [Deleted User]
  • AshaiaAshaia Member UncommonPosts: 42

Most mmorpgs which will be released in near future (1-3 years) have already been mentioned here. Bless and Ashes of Creation also interest me.

Additionally, I am waiting for a Western Release of DRAGON'S DOGMA ONLINE. I like the game, but does not speak japanese and the english patch does not apply for everything in the japanese version.

One of those mmorpg with a very interesting gameplay and huge character diversity (items and development of abilities) in my opinion.

[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다