I hate to be the bearer of bad news

tempestormertempestormer Jacksonville, FLMember UncommonPosts: 125
edited August 17 in Black Desert Online
Not that me leaving for a while matters to most here, but I must take my leave until BDO gets their act together. Here are the issues that NEED to be fixed until that changes.

- ADD Trading!!!!! This was a game killer for me and some friends. I tried to put up with it into the awakened levels, but after a while it killed it for us. I don't care what they are trying to achieve by not having this (Gold seller control, etc).

- Auction house sniping. NOUGH SAID

- Auction house limitations!! Forcing the players to buy the cheapest item just shows how much control the company wants on the playerbase. THIS ISNT KOREA OR CHINA.Us in the US shouldnt have gaming limitations like they do in Asian countries. This also makes AH sniping that much more difficult to deal with. Sorry but I dont want to have to click+Enter a bazillion times to get a simple black stone!

- Also not being able to choose who's Pre-order I want to fill makes it impossible for people to get what they want when they need it, like materials for crafting.

- FINALLY, the grind. I have played games like Lineage 2 and let me tell you this game has by far the slowest leveling out of any game I have ever played. SPEED IT UP, even if its only by 20%!!!!

The economy in this game sucks. It is the simple most important thing for any MMO to thrive. If at the very least they do this, we will come back. Until then, they can have this failure of a game and system.

Post edited by tempestormer on
MikehaGdemamiPhryKylerankadajvolajuborghive49TorvalHatefullEothas

Comments

• NazloklessNazlokless BradofrdMember UncommonPosts: 21
    I left when trading pearls and gold for an item. That was just too much for me, rl monies to get your gear!! no way...
    holdenhamlet
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisMember RarePosts: 3,286
    Lol, these types of post are ridiculous, like you said Op "who cares" 
    MikehaRexKushmanPhryKyleranGeekyHatefull

• GolelornGolelorn Hiding From Social Media Peeping Toms, ALMember UncommonPosts: 1,310
    Its his opinion and he shared it. Nothing wrong with that. But there is something wrong with your trollish post.
    SaunZPhryTalonsinDaranar
  • SaunZSaunZ Las Vegas, NVMember UncommonPosts: 385
    lol
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers nowhere, ALMember UncommonPosts: 183
    I agree. Best open world completely ruined by trying to 'manage' every last gold coin.

With these graphics, this game should rule. It doesn't because it's run by control freak imbeciles.
    Phry
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Panama City, FLMember RarePosts: 1,467

I agree. Best open world completely ruined by trying to 'manage' every last gold coin.

With these graphics, this game should rule. It doesn't because it's run by control freak imbeciles.

Graphics are meaningless if there's no gameplay.  There is literally nothing to do at cap except the horribly unbalanced PvP and AoE farming mobs.
    Phrydrivendawn
  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 8,991
    The trading thing is a none issue, its an anti rmt measure and its effective, the auction house works as intended, and players attempting to dominate the market have to work for it, prices are reasonable, and players trying to manipulate those prices are very much out of luck, as for the being able to choose which pre-orders to fullfil, not a problem, i've used the pre-order function several times and honestly, while it can take time for some orders to be filled, i haven't really had problems with it, and while having to buy the cheapest item can be a PITB its easy to understand why it is done that way.
    That the gold farmers/sellers are gnashing their teeth in frustration, i am more than happy to bathe in their tears :p
    Azaron_NightbladeKyleranScotchUplaseritGdemamilancerxxTsiyaHatefullEothas
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade KingsmouthMember EpicPosts: 4,269

It might not "omg rule", which was never going to happen anyway, due to the PvP component, but it's still doing very well. A lot of people learn about there being open world pvp and walk away at that. I think BDO's probably the most popular MMO with open world pvp in the West right now.
    MikehaPhryMrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Feel free to send me a message if you want a guest pass to try Black Desert Online as well!

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 817
    I would love coming back to BDO if they get rid of that horrid enchantment system and go back to old school item drops.
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember EpicPosts: 6,610
    Make a game with BDO's open world and node/crafting system and everything else from ESO, and you'd have a major winner.
    TorvalMrMelGibsonAzaron_NightbladelancerxxHatefull
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 7700k (4.80ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UltraGaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,455
    "Issues" for you are minor inconveniences to me.  This game still has more to offer than most MMO's out there and it allows for many different play styles. 
    lancerxxTsiya
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Huntington Beach, CAMember UncommonPosts: 324
    Not that me leaving for a while matters to most here, but I must take my leave until BDO gets their act together. Here are the issues that NEED to be fixed until that changes.

- ADD Trading!!!!! This was a game killer for me and some friends. I tried to put up with it into the awakened levels, but after a while it killed it for us. I don't care what they are trying to achieve by not having this (Gold seller control, etc).

- Auction house sniping. NOUGH SAID

- Auction house limitations!! Forcing the players to buy the cheapest item just shows how much control the company wants on the playerbase. THIS ISNT KOREA OR CHINA.Us in the US shouldnt have gaming limitations like they do in Asian countries. This also makes AH sniping that much more difficult to deal with. Sorry but I dont want to have to click+Enter a bazillion times to get a simple black stone!

- Also not being able to choose who's Pre-order I want to fill makes it impossible for people to get what they want when they need it, like materials for crafting.

- FINALLY, the grind. I have played games like Lineage 2 and let me tell you this game has by far the slowest leveling out of any game I have ever played. SPEED IT UP, even if its only by 20%!!!!

The economy in this game sucks. It is the simple most important thing for any MMO to thrive. If at the very least they do this, we will come back. Until then, they can have this failure of a game and system.

Ummmm huh?

I went from 1-55 in a matter of 2 days....and that was with breaks in between AND I could have hit 55 in 1 day had I done a full play through but I didn't.   If that isn't fast, I don't know what is.  I know 55-60 is a whole other story but at least 55 you're caught up pretty damn well to the bulk of the playerbase. Another spoiled kid wanting things to come on a silver platter, so easily.  Besides, its not like the game has an abundance of group content so why the rush to higher lvls?

As for the trading, yes, that I can agree on.  Not having trading in a MMO is a fuckin plague.

The AH sniping was rather annoying, that I can agree on.  But its not so much an annoyance that I need to post it on a thread like this.

So...again, all I see in this post is what comes off as a child wanting stuff to come easily on a silver platter.  Sorry to say it but that's the truth.  Not trying to be a dick but look at your post dude... 
  • kreakrea NetherlandsMember UncommonPosts: 217

Graphics are meaningless if there's no gameplay.  There is literally nothing to do at cap except the horribly unbalanced PvP and AoE farming mobs.

yep gfx isnt important if gameplay is no good . Also the spell effects etc are way over the top to much flashing and screen blur realy hard to play for few hours makes my eyes tired.
  • RhyaukRhyauk Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited September 10
    Yeah, not so sure it is necessarily KaKao/PA trying to control the game as it is poor choices.  Poor coding, resources being stretched thin trying to go global (Mobile game, China and Xbox releases PLUS maintain a code base for other production regions) and a horrible infrastructure.  All-in-all, their code is horrible, their DB is even worse and it all runs on a potato farm.  I think some of the poor mechanics or whatever you want to use to describe it are no more than symptoms from poorly implemented solutions and nothing to do with "controlling" the player base.  Hell when KaKao (Daum at the time) started in EU and NA they only hired "entry level" positions or that was all that they advertised at least and judging from the caliber of other IT professionals they have on staff that have posted on their official farms, I can see where these poor decisions come from.  I dunno, just an observation.  I really liked BDO but IMO they are slowly proving their model is not capable of scaling.
    Post edited by Rhyauk on
    Tsiya
  • AkulasAkulas GoldcoastMember UncommonPosts: 2,092
    I agree with everything 1) there should be trading and 2) no one cares
    SovrathMrMelGibson

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,081

Then you absolutely did NOT play Lineage 2 or at least did NOT get into the highest levels.
    ConstantineMerusAoriTorvalRelampagoHatefull

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,081
    krea said:

yep gfx isnt important if gameplay is no good . Also the spell effects etc are way over the top to much flashing and screen blur realy hard to play for few hours makes my eyes tired.
    you can turn this off. At least make it more bearable.

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember EpicPosts: 3,849
    Someone didn't play Lineage 2 before C5. 

The market definitely needs to be worked on but you can't snipe items, just run a pixel script 24/7 like half the playerbase.
    ConstantineMerusSovrathHatefull
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade KingsmouthMember EpicPosts: 4,269
    edited September 10
    Make a game with BDO's open world and node/crafting system and everything else from ESO, and you'd have a major winner.
    That is very similar to what I've said numerous times to friends, although my comments were more about BDO's graphics, animations and combat, combined with ESO's gameplay and story content.
    Post edited by Azaron_Nightblade on

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Feel free to send me a message if you want a guest pass to try Black Desert Online as well!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 3,605
    One of the biggest things I feel MMORPGs have suffered from for the past 10 years is lack of depth. You get to cap and then "endgame" starts (which MMORPGs didn't used to be like this for the most part, like RO/FFXI/etc) and then you stay the same until level cap increase. The only thing that changes is numbers. No earning points or anything to modify skills like EQ's AA system or FFXI's merit system. Just linear garbage.
  • baphametbaphamet omaha, NEMember RarePosts: 3,288
    this thread made me want to give BDO another try LOL

those issues don't sound that bad at all, i deal with the annoying ESO AH system no problem at all, i just adapt.
    Sovrath
  • RaquisRaquis hartenbosMember UncommonPosts: 796
    I CAN`T EVEN PLAY THE F**KING GAME CAUSE OF THE IP LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GeekyGeeky Huntington, INMember UncommonPosts: 262
    Are you someone of consequence that we should be notified you are leaving a game?  Serious question, are you like the lead Dev, or someone? 
    Hatefull
  • HatefullHatefull Member RarePosts: 1,473
    Golelorn said:
    Its his opinion and he shared it. Nothing wrong with that. But there is something wrong with your trollish post.
    It's not trolling. This is a general board, designed to discuss quite a few games and as such can get a bit sticky at points but these posts placed here and not on the forums of the actual game are just click bait (obviously I clicked so guilty) and pointless. 

There is very little chance that a BDO dev will read this post on their forums, there is no chance it will get read here. It's like going to your local game stop and telling them why you are quitting BDO. Who cares?

While you may consider it trolling I think you should look at it from a different point of view. Also, you may be a bit sensitive for these boards, we play a bit rough here and if you consider that post trolling, your head will explode in some the threads around here. Just fyi.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.