Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just In Case You Didn't Know, New Trailer Introduces Destiny 2 - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageJust In Case You Didn't Know, New Trailer Introduces Destiny 2 - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

In case you're actually out here reading this instead of participating in the head start of this week's Destiny 2 PC open beta, Bungie wants to introduce you to the game. The latest trailer is pithily called "What is Destiny 2?" So if you need to know, this trailer is your huckleberry.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I'm just very sour that I actually bought Destiny on preorder, got every DLC on preorder, and now this. I bet it'd still be a good game, but I don't think I'd trust my wallet with it.

I mean, I really had high hope and put in a lot of trust. I feel like I just got milked and then put aside.
    MadFrenchiePhixion13

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I never played the first one but I'm looking forward to trying this out on PC, looks really good.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    edited August 2017
    There is more content in these trailers than there is in the Beta. The beta is the same thing as the gamescom demo. It's about one hour of content tops.

Also Hunter is still terrible because their dodges do not dodge damage, but rather mitigate a portion of it. It also doesn't have a good enough distance to remove yourself from harms way.

Sun Warlocks with infinite nades do far more work and have fantastic party utility.
    Octagon7711SignexPhry
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    This looks and plays exactly like the first game it might as well be an expansion instead of a version 2. I played D1 and had high hopes for what it could have been, was a bungie fan boy, but what I got was very lackluster compared to what I know they are capable of. Destiny 2 looks like more of the same, it's rather blah, won't be throwing my money at this, it's an overpriced remake of D1 called D2 launching on pc and consoles now. I just shake my head and bite my lip, very disappointing.
    Phixion13BananaSoupValsileiEpicJohnson
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Why is this game so hyped when I hear terrible paid content practices, shallow gameplay, and just a 1.2 version of the last one? My friends are all about the buzz and I'm seriously trying to figure it out.
    BananaSouppantaro
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Rhoklaw said:
    Well, considering BF and CoD come out with "new" versions almost every other year, sometimes 3 years, why is it so hard to see what is basically an FPS grinder having a "new" version 3 years after the original? Same goes for Borderland series. Destiny is NOT an MMO and once people understand that you won't feel so "disappointed" by Destiny 2 being released 3 years after the first.
    Sports game developers are the ones who got it figured.  Other than some cosmetics, they usually add, like, one new feature and update the rosters and boom! another year another success.
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Rhoklaw said:
    Well, considering BF and CoD come out with "new" versions almost every other year, sometimes 3 years, why is it so hard to see what is basically an FPS grinder having a "new" version 3 years after the original? Same goes for Borderland series. Destiny is NOT an MMO and once people understand that you won't feel so "disappointed" by Destiny 2 being released 3 years after the first.
    Sports game developers are the ones who got it figured.  Other than some cosmetics, they usually add, like, one new feature and update the rosters and boom! another year another success.
    I have many problems with EA, but sports is where they're doing fine. And no, it's not just adding one new feature and updating the rosters--they update the rosters via free patches regularly; both transfers and players' stats changes. 

YouTube making of FIFA (I know that one has videos not sure about other titles), read a bit about what they do every year, also have to play new version of a title every consecutive year to be able to venture a guess regarding the amount of work was done. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Rhoklaw said:
    I have many problems with EA, but sports is where they're doing fine. And no, it's not just adding one new feature and updating the rosters--they update the rosters via free patches regularly; both transfers and players' stats changes. 

YouTube making of FIFA (I know that one has videos not sure about other titles), read a bit about what they do every year, also have to play new version of a title every consecutive year to be able to venture a guess regarding the amount of work was done. 
    Despite that, it's nowhere near starting completely from scratch on a new IP, nor do they even have to create an IP.  The characters are fleshed out of them in real life on TV.  And since the league licenses only to them, there's no competition to really worry about in the same genre.

I'm not knocking them, but you can't say it's the same type of creative endeavor as, say, creating an RPG game from scratch, including the world itself, the events and characters in it, and how it all interacts.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Rhoklaw said:

Despite that, it's nowhere near starting completely from scratch on a new IP, nor do they even have to create an IP.  The characters are fleshed out of them in real life on TV.  And since the league licenses only to them, there's no competition to really worry about in the same genre.

I'm not knocking them, but you can't say it's the same type of creative endeavor as, say, creating an RPG game from scratch, including the world itself, the events and characters in it, and how it all interacts.
    You are comparing two genres now. Simulators don't require creativity, they require  implementation of real-world  accurately. So yeah, sports game don't have creativity, because they shouldn't have. Although PES is a bit about that, they preferred to make their more fun by distancing themselves from reality--so they got a bit creative in that regard. 

Maybe I was wrong mate, but your other comment sounded like "they do nothing real and yet fool people to buy their game"--which is far from truth. 

Competition is also there, and it is way more serious than between other RPG games. These companies have to beat each other EVERY year with the exact same launch time. Triple A RPG games aren't that many and they usually time their launch properly. Players pick one of the sports games, and master in them. They are loyal to their game, and they want to get better at it every year. RPGs aren't like that. I myself play all released every year. Most people do if they like the game and can afford it and got the time for it. Sports game have to better themselves EVERY year, if they don't they'd lose the market and their brand gets crushed. That in no way applies to RPG developers. 

I can go on, but this is going deep in the off-topic territory. 

And you know, people can not buy the new FIFA every year for example. I kept playing '13 for 3 years. Not because it was a better game, but because dribbling got way more real hence harder starting in '14, and I preferred my less-real-like dribbling skills more! ;) The reason they are successful every year is because of the amount of work put into their games and that certainly can't be made into "one new feature and updating the rosters." <3

MadFrenchie
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • RomeoRomeoRomeoRomeo Member UncommonPosts: 48

Phixion13 said:

Why is this game so hyped when I hear terrible paid content practices, shallow gameplay, and just a 1.2 version of the last one? My friends are all about the buzz and I'm seriously trying to figure it out.

The game is literally a masterpiece. As with any roaring success there is always some contrary haters, normally quite vocal. The game has a huge, happy community that a lot of games can only dream to achieve and retain. It's not a perfect game, but Destiny with my friends has been probably the most fun gaming experience I've ever had. I mean that sincerely. Hop in with your friends and just have fun! Don't get too political about it. Also, everybody that played the game is happy it's like 1.2. Nobody wanted too much to change or be different, just an improvement on what we already loved :)
    pantaroConstantineMerusSignexBillMurphyJeroKaneDerpangedMrMelGibson[Deleted User]
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    If it feels like the game is just another Destiny 1 expansion.. I'm going to be giving it a miss.
    Signex[Deleted User]
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Oct. 24th can't come fast enough.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited August 2017
    love how they tried to highlight those rather low numbers ^^
    3 player strikes! 6 player raids! and 8 player pvp!

nonono, we can't do coop games, this is an mmo! totaly! what? mmos have several hundred usualy? go away, we don't care! this might have been a nice coop game imo, but i don't see why they still call it mmo, not at all.

yea.... umm.... welcome to 2000.

i start to see why Mass Effect was discontinued tho :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i played the beta its boring just for people who love shooters if they had more malee weapons and spells maybe.
    Signex
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited August 2017
    it is fun! I tried pvp I got a sniper but I really ahve no idea how to get ammo for it. And tried to talk in fireteam and it showed my real name instead of nickname -_-

Killing ppl with sunshot feels good tho.

Edit: nvm found how to disable it! Its enabled by default :open_mouth:

MrMelGibson

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Got key for early access.

Now as PC gamer I never actually got to play D1. So I was very excited.

So my impressions:

First , the Beta is actually one solo mission , one co-op mission and two PVP arenas. No EXP or progression of any kind.

All which can be played in less than hour. So its more of a demo than actual "test" of anything.

The game itself is a shooter. Pretty average for PC. SO not worse but not better than anything available at this time ( Even Warframe is not that behind actually )

Replaying only available mission I was bored after very short time. And PVP was surely below par real PVP shooters.

So, I guess the bottom line the game worth will be in how many missions there will actually be in the game. Because replaying will surely drive everyone nuts.

I personally went from "must buy" to "probably not".

• kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237
    edited August 2017
    Did preorder the game did have first part on xbox 360 way back but cannot get used to controller in fps games. Hope i will enjoy the game this time.
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

So my impressions:

First , the Beta is actually one solo mission , one co-op mission and two PVP arenas. No EXP or progression of any kind.

All which can be played in less than hour. So its more of a demo than actual "test" of anything.

The game itself is a shooter. Pretty average for PC. SO not worse but not better than anything available at this time ( Even Warframe is not that behind actually )

Replaying only available mission I was bored after very short time. And PVP was surely below par real PVP shooters.

So, I guess the bottom line the game worth will be in how many missions there will actually be in the game. Because replaying will surely drive everyone nuts.

The boss battle in that first story mission is better than almost anything on PC to me.. It is exciting, challenging and you drop what 3 times into new levels in that one fight? Really nice and that is only the first story mission in the game.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Crucible modes are addicting, in the beginning I was like hmm ok but than I figured out what to do. Story mode was fun and nice graphics! Havent tried a strike.

khameleon said:

So my impressions:

The boss battle in that first story mission is better than almost anything on PC to me.. It is exciting, challenging and you drop what 3 times into new levels in that one fight? Really nice and that is only the first story mission in the game.
    Glad to see boss fights are more than bullet sponging.

I'll still either be passing or waiting for a deal on this one.  Maybe if the reviews are blindingly positive, I'll drop the full $60 on it.

Was just incredibly disappointed with D1.  :/

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    khameleon said:

Glad to see boss fights are more than bullet sponging.

I'll still either be passing or waiting for a deal on this one.  Maybe if the reviews are blindingly positive, I'll drop the full $60 on it.

Was just incredibly disappointed with D1.  :/
    Feel the same, watched it being streamed, the boss fight was nice. Not D1s:

Pew pew boss
    Pew pew adds
    Repeat

I hope that isn't just a lure and the rest is the above.

Also the story seems to have a purpose/goal :O.  The villain has a personality .

Will wait and see though 
    MadFrenchie
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    The open beta is going now and it is a lot better then the original Destiny beta. I am having a blast so far.