Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - Weekly Watercooler - Guild Wars 2’s Path of Fire Tests - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 - Weekly Watercooler - Guild Wars 2’s Path of Fire Tests - MMORPG.com

Many of us sat down with Guild Wars 2’s Path of Flame tests over the past two weekends, and this weekend we got together to hammer out how we felt about the expansion’s early content and elite specs. In short, we’re hopeful. Path of Flame seems like a huge improvement over Heart of Thorns, and in-step with the progress the Living World Season 3 made towards making open world content fun again.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I actually really look forward to using the mounts in the original zones, should be interesting and fun. Also looking forward to acquiring new pets for my ranger. Great review, thanks.
    TheDarkrayne

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    All the same tools will be give to everyone. 
    For folks who know the drill just like in HOT we will unlock these new skills and abilities with ease.

It will be the same story told every time those who feel left behind or requires too much effort.
    postlarval
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I'm pretty interested but currently only playing F2P, so I may or may not jump on the bundle when they release it.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Wouldn't say I am excited for Spellbreaker, but I still love my Longbow Berserker and am looking forward to story and mounts sort of. The exploration will be great. I'm glad they focused on adding content. I hope they do another pass on traits and make more viable builds for many of the professions.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    people tallking only about mounts in xpack- this cant be good.
    AeanderQSatuMaurgrimbcbullychojin2kJeleena
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    exile01 said:
    people tallking only about mounts in xpack- this cant be good.
    Aww poor you... Your excuses to bash this game getting weaker and weaker every time. It was funny at first. Now it is just sad... :(
    AeanderLoke666winghaven1xyzercrimeSiphaedMaurgrimchojin2k
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I'm actually looking more forward to the new bounty system. Its something a lot of people aren't talking about very much. During the beta you could walk into the town and grab a bounty. The bounty will get marked on your map, so you just travel to it and fight it.

I found each bounty I did to be quite challenging. A lot more fun with a group of 3 people. Its like open world fractal bosses.
    Octagon7711Thupli

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    APThug said:
    I'm actually looking more forward to the new bounty system. Its something a lot of people aren't talking about very much. During the beta you could walk into the town and grab a bounty. The bounty will get marked on your map, so you just travel to it and fight it.

I found each bounty I did to be quite challenging. A lot more fun with a group of 3 people. Its like open world fractal bosses.
    It sounds similar to Guild Bosses in function. I look forward to seeing how it shapes the community. Hopefully, it gets embraced to such a degree that we see it implemented across the game.
  • verintaverinta Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Been playing this game for ages, and when I heard the announcement, the moment they said pre purchase was available I bought it in no time flat.
    StoneRosesOctagon7711
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    some elite classes need some fixing badly (cough revenant and ranger )
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Yeah now they want to put some character progression post max level. Way to late for most. I applaud the effort.
    Nepheth
  • DiovidDiovid Member UncommonPosts: 44

Vasel said:

Yeah now they want to put some character progression post max level. Way to late for most. I applaud the effort.

You do know that both the mastery system and elite specializations were there in HoT? Thus post-max level progression has been here for 2 years.
    kalca
  • kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47

Diovid said:

Vasel said:

You do know that both the mastery system and elite specializations were there in HoT? Thus post-max level progression has been here for 2 years.

I love fail comments , thay say something like they are well informed but u can see that they played game years ago :D
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    This looks good, my concern as someone who skipped HoT, will I have to play catch-up with a bunch of crap I don't like in HoT in order to play this?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited August 2017

Viper482 said:

This looks good, my concern as someone who skipped HoT, will I have to play catch-up with a bunch of crap I don't like in HoT in order to play this?

Not at all. You don't even need to buy HoT if you don't want any elite specs that came with it or gliding. You can create a character and skip all HoT content if you want. From this aspect Gw2 expensions are a lot like Gw1 expensions. They are like standalone expensions. Vanilla Gw2 is already f2p so you only need to buy PoF if you wanna play Gw2 and don't have an account already.
    Viper482Cazriel
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Nepheth said:

Viper482 said:

Not at all. You don't even need to buy HoT if you don't want any elite specs that came with it or gliding. You can create a character and skip all HoT content if you want. From this aspect Gw2 expensions are a lot like Gw1 expensions. They are like standalone expensions. Vanilla Gw2 is already f2p so you only need to buy PoF if you wanna play Gw2 and don't have an account already.

Here comes the "Oh it's gated" or "You mean I have to unlock it?"
    Viper482
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!

Nepheth said:

Viper482 said:

Here comes the "Oh it's gated" or "You mean I have to unlock it?"
    Indeed. I am absolutely appalled that we don't get things that we didn't pay for. Someone ought to bring the torches and pitchforks for this injustice.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Uhh.. Can we use gliding in PoF zones and mounts in HoT ones? Not because there's any point doing those above, but you know, reasons...
    Jeleena

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    Uhh.. Can we use gliding in PoF zones and mounts in HoT ones? Not because there's any point doing those above, but you know, reasons...
    Yes on both counts.
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543

Besides a few jumping puzzle areas, spvp, and wvw (maybe) mounts can be used in core, HOT, and POF.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Yes, the glider does come in handy if you fall. No updrafts or laylines to ride. They really should add some, perhaps later.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Do you have to Have Heart of Thorns to get Path of Fire????
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

No
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Tiller said:

No
    Awsome...Thanks for the info...

No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited August 2017

Tiller said:

No

Awsome...Thanks for the info...

No problem. I think many new people may skip HoT all together so don't feel pressured into buying it. I don't think you will need glider skills for this new expansion at all since mount skills will be the focus. I do imagine them adding a mount later that acts as a glider maybe, but again you won't need HoT for that.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter