Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny 2 - It's So Close You Can Almost Taste It - Our Hands On Preview - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageDestiny 2 - It's So Close You Can Almost Taste It - Our Hands On Preview - MMORPG.com

It’s almost here! It’s so close you can almost taste it. Just around the corner lies the day you’ve been waiting for patiently for the last few months. Destiny 2 will be here in just a few short weeks! But before the official launch we’ve got one more sneak peek for you. A last glimpse behind the veil before all is truly revealed. So here’s the low-down on everything we saw during a special hands-on event that was recently put on by the good folks at Activision and Bungie.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PresciencePrescience Member UncommonPosts: 255
    This game will more than likely suffer from the same issues Destiny 1 faced. It was made in half the time. Was this article sponsored by chance?
    DerpangedSiug
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    This game will more than likely suffer from the same issues Destiny 1 faced. It was made in half the time. Was this article sponsored by chance?
    the way its written, its 100% sponsored.
    Siug
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

For the umpteenth time, any content that is sponsored is clearly marked as such.
    PresciencegoobsnewsMrMelGibsonSiugPhryPsym0nWraithone
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

Forgrimm said:

For the umpteenth time, any content that is sponsored is clearly marked as such.

in your dreams, thats a psychological attempt.
    PrescienceturinmacleodWraithone

Forgrimm said:

You have no way of knowing that.
    ForgrimmRealizer

Forgrimm said:

So they just randomly mark some of the articles as sponsored and leave the sponsored tag off other articles?...
    Krynt0kSBFordWraithone
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I cant wait to play the beta! PC FTW( I wasn't paid to say that either)
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Forgrimm said:

Forgrimm said:

So they just randomly mark some of the articles as sponsored and leave the sponsored tag off other articles?...
    It is NEVER "random". If we receive any type of sponsored material, it is ALWAYS -- and let me reiterate A-L-W-A-Y-S -- marked as sponsored. This article is borne of an event the writer attended. 

It. Is. Not. Sponsored.

Krynt0kharrijc3knightsbayne[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonWraithone

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Blake's a fan of Destiny 1, does that matter? Maybe, JUST MAYBE, people like things you guys don't. I loved Destiny's universe, but didn't stick with it due to its lack of real features and bad storytelling in launch. And I wanted it on PC. That's been addressed here, and I'm also as excited as Blake to check it out. I'll probably get it on PS4, and again on PC in October.
    Phixion13klash2defMrMelGibson

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

SBFord said:
    Forgrimm said:

Forgrimm said:

It is NEVER "random". If we receive any type of sponsored material, it is ALWAYS -- and let me reiterate A-L-W-A-Y-S -- marked as sponsored. This article is borne of an event the writer attended. 

It. Is. Not. Sponsored.

I know it isn't. I added the "?" at the end to question if that was the ridiculous notion that the OP was implying.
    MrMelGibson
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    While I'm sure it will suffer some of the issues, they had the base engine already in place, and a lot of the assets too I'm sure. So half the development time would make sense. Bungie wouldn't be dumb enough to launch anything as bare bones as they did with the original Destiny and seeing what they have planned I'm sure it will feel more like the release of TTK which most people seem to think is when Destiny felt like an actual full game. 

Either way I'm excited to try the game out when it launches. I have quite a few friends ready to get through content together, it should be fun.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I'll be holding off to see just how much more of the same this is.

Bungie's shown very little desire to risk moving outside of the comfort zone they've been in since the company burst onto the scene, so I can't say I have incredibly high hopes.
    Phixion13

Bungie's shown very little desire to risk moving outside of the comfort zone they've been in since the company burst onto the scene, so I can't say I have incredibly high hopes.
    I mean why would they? They made marathon, which was a relatively decent doom clone and a pretty good game. Then they had the HUGE success with Halo, and consistently released well received Halo games, until 343 took over. Then with Destiny they got even bigger, unfortunately to receive pretty bad feedback with the lack of content but they fixed that over time. Most Destiny players I know don't want the game to change all that much, they just want more to do, and a few more features. 
    Derpanged
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I think I'll get it on PS4 at the end. I only use PC gaming for MMOs, city building RTS games. Couch + 75" screen and wireless gamepad is a combination hard to break from when your back constantly hurts and your eyes ain't what they used to be. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung

I mean why would they? They made marathon, which was a relatively decent doom clone and a pretty good game. Then they had the HUGE success with Halo, and consistently released well received Halo games, until 343 took over. Then with Destiny they got even bigger, unfortunately to receive pretty bad feedback with the lack of content but they fixed that over time. Most Destiny players I know don't want the game to change all that much, they just want more to do, and a few more features. 
    Blizzard showed us that diversifying has huge payoffs in terms of not competing with your own work.  They continue to enjoy success in many genres, even ones where they aren't the outright industry leader.

Bungie is not required in any way to stretch their creative legs, but I'm not very interested in more of the same.

Blizzard showed us that diversifying has huge payoffs in terms of not competing with your own work.  They continue to enjoy success in many genres, even ones where they aren't the outright industry leader.

Bungie is not required in any way to stretch their creative legs, but I'm not very interested in more of the same.
    I agree, Blizzard does a great job of consistently releasing different genre games. Unfortunately they do get criticized a lot due to being looked at as  "copies" of everything. Bungie hasn't been really making anything other than straight up FPS games since 2000, and I would hope eventually would release a different type of game or maybe even re release Myth or something like that. Now that they aren't owned by Microsoft I'm sure something will come out eventually that pushes some boundary. Who knows.
    MadFrenchie
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

That's my concern too. It plays gloriously on the PC, but what I played was basically a story mission, a Strike, and some PVP. We have plenty of that on D1. It's the planets, which Blake describes here, that make it sound like an upgrade after all.
    MadFrenchiePhry

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

SBFord said:

Forgrimm said:

Forgrimm said:

It. Is. Not. Sponsored.

It just seems so biased. I've never seen anyone so eager to promote a product they don't benefit from. Maybe there's some sort of arrangement?
    RexKushmanDerpangedForgrimmPhryKrynt0k
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Waiting on the PC release.

I've haven't played a game made by Bungie yet, so I'm looking forward to it.
    Krynt0k

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Wait... wait, wait... Blake's a fan of Destiny 1??

THAT'S WHY THIS REVIEW IS SO POSITIVE!??!!?

Related image
    BillMurphyRexKushmanRobsolfMrMelGibsonPhryCecropia[Deleted User]

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Blake's a fan of Destiny 1, does that matter? Maybe, JUST MAYBE, people like things you guys don't.

I find that unacceptable. Writers are not allowed to like things!!!

To preserve balance, I insist that all future articles be written by people who don't know what video games are.
    Robsolf said:

Blake's a fan of Destiny 1, does that matter? Maybe, JUST MAYBE, people like things you guys don't.

To preserve balance, I insist that all future articles be written by people who don't know what video games are.
    Honestly, it's 2017..  Why do we not have robots doing all the reviews already?

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    So, what does the sequel to the most disappointing game of this console generation taste like?
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited August 2017
    This whole paid to like games nonsense that people like to spout needs to stop.  The people that write on this site are here because they love video games and mmos.  So it's natural that they will get excited for games they are lucky enough to check out early.  Hell I'm excited for most games they write about on this site and I could only wish I got paid to write about video games.  They have also clearly stated that any sponsored article will have a label on it.  They have done that with a number of paid advertisements.  Not sure how much more transparent they can be.

Forgrimm[Deleted User]
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Robsolf said:

There are plenty of other websites around that have that covered in spades. :p
    Robsolf