Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC hits 150,000 in 3 minutes

13»

Comments

• CynicizmCynicizm Member UncommonPosts: 4
    By private investors you mean the Creative Director himself? I hate and love this game at the same time.

I LOVE how beautiful it looks and the ideas they talk about implementing into their game. It sounds and looks like something I could play for a few years.

I HATE that it's suspicious. Yea, they've posted videos. One video shows a max amount of like 20-30 minutes of footage of the same gameplay you see in the other 5-10 minute footage they show on their stream. They seem consistent with streams, which is all well and good, until you forget that they actually have a job to be doing. Where do they get all this time to set up streams and stream for an hour every few days? Why are they showing us nothing new in each footage? <-- this questioned is answered because its only been like 2 months. Right? 2 months isn't enough time for game play and such. But that's also something to worry about, is it not? 2 months and they are spamming streams like it's already released and they are just showing you new and upcoming patches.

I also hate that the man behind the idea of this game has 0 experience in game development. His TEAM has experience, but there's suppose to be a big picture here... How does a guy with 0 gaming development experience intend on creating a game with all these ideas he has, but also makes it so the game lasts longer than a few months? What content does he intend to add so it lasts longer? What about leveling?

I'll give them more time to add some more to their streams and such. I hope to see more of them streaming the game than their faces talking about how awesome their game is going to be. I'm just floating around in the same boat of people who are skeptical of these kickstarter/crowdfunded games now. There's only one I've bothered with and that's Pantheon. I guess we will have to wait a few years to see where these games lead us. The patience I feel I am lacking right now is real.....
  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Cynicizm said:
    By private investors you mean the Creative Director himself? I hate and love this game at the same time.

I LOVE how beautiful it looks and the ideas they talk about implementing into their game. It sounds and looks like something I could play for a few years.

I HATE that it's suspicious. Yea, they've posted videos. One video shows a max amount of like 20-30 minutes of footage of the same gameplay you see in the other 5-10 minute footage they show on their stream. They seem consistent with streams, which is all well and good, until you forget that they actually have a job to be doing. Where do they get all this time to set up streams and stream for an hour every few days? Why are they showing us nothing new in each footage? <-- this questioned is answered because its only been like 2 months. Right? 2 months isn't enough time for game play and such. But that's also something to worry about, is it not? 2 months and they are spamming streams like it's already released and they are just showing you new and upcoming patches.

I also hate that the man behind the idea of this game has 0 experience in game development. His TEAM has experience, but there's suppose to be a big picture here... How does a guy with 0 gaming development experience intend on creating a game with all these ideas he has, but also makes it so the game lasts longer than a few months? What content does he intend to add so it lasts longer? What about leveling?

I'll give them more time to add some more to their streams and such. I hope to see more of them streaming the game than their faces talking about how awesome their game is going to be. I'm just floating around in the same boat of people who are skeptical of these kickstarter/crowdfunded games now. There's only one I've bothered with and that's Pantheon. I guess we will have to wait a few years to see where these games lead us. The patience I feel I am lacking right now is real.....
    They have shown what they have so far which is more than most Kickstarter MMOs usually have. They had 3 livestreams a week during the kickstarter. It isn't that difficult to run a stream. They show you nothing new because they don't have anything new yet. They just started. They will show new stuff when they develop it. They are now doing 2 streams a month so they aren't spamming streams. 

Steven is the investor. Yes he inputs his ideas and is apart of the design of the game. Most investors usually don't have game developing experience. He has many years playing games I think he is capable of inputting his ideas. He has mentioned he has his team let him know what can and cannot be done. Nothing they have announced so far seems too crazy. It's not like he is programming code or anything. It has what any other MMO has to have it last longer. On the PvE side it has dungeons, raids, and world bosses. On the PvP side it has guild battles, caravans, and wars between the kingdoms. What do you mean what about leveling? Yes there is leveling in the game?

Since their announcement they have gone from like 15 people to now 21. They recently talked about construction of a whole new office to accommodate the eventual 70+ employees. Not counting the work they are outsourcing. So prepare for some good content in the coming months to be shown.
  • XatericXateric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited August 2017
    Ponzini said:
    Cynicizm said:

They have shown what they have so far which is more than most Kickstarter MMOs usually have. They had 3 livestreams a week during the kickstarter. It isn't that difficult to run a stream. They show you nothing new because they don't have anything new yet. They just started. They will show new stuff when they develop it. They are now doing 2 streams a month so they aren't spamming streams. 

Steven is the investor. Yes he inputs his ideas and is apart of the design of the game. Most investors usually don't have game developing experience. He has many years playing games I think he is capable of inputting his ideas. He has mentioned he has his team let him know what can and cannot be done. Nothing they have announced so far seems too crazy. It's not like he is programming code or anything. It has what any other MMO has to have it last longer. On the PvE side it has dungeons, raids, and world bosses. On the PvP side it has guild battles, caravans, and wars between the kingdoms. What do you mean what about leveling? Yes there is leveling in the game?

Since their announcement they have gone from like 15 people to now 21. They recently talked about construction of a whole new office to accommodate the eventual 70+ employees. Not counting the work they are outsourcing. So prepare for some good content in the coming months to be shown.

So far [mod edit] has put out a new video every other week of progress... which is a good sign.
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • XatericXateric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Cynicizm said:

They are still posting more content as it is developed....my fingers are crossed...looking good so far.
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    @Xateric - you sneaky bastard!  You're spamming your referral code all over the forums using a redirect from http://www.ashesofcreation(s).com/  <<< note the (s) in all his links >>>

Dude, not cool... stuff like this makes the game look bad and pisses people off when they figure out what it is you're doing.  Just use the referral code thread like everyone else. http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/464657/referral-code-thread#latest

Sagethorn