Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - current ship pipeline status

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Hey baddies stop posting Star Citizen things in the Star Citizen Thread! 

Your positive posting is preventing the announced 2015 collapse and me being right all along.

:D 
    VikingirExcessionOdeezee
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Ahem ....

*** points at title of the thread ***

Have fun
    rpmcmurphyVikingir
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Erillion said:
    Ahem ....

*** points at title of the thread ***

Have fun
    Yeah, point taken.
    Get the Best of both worlds with the dragonfly and the Nox:

Octagon7711Vikingir
    Nox Q&A session with question importance being voted by the forum users

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/15991-Q-A-Aopoa-Nox

Here is my favorite:

"Can I store a rifle or any larger weapon on/in it ?

Unfortunately no. Like a cave in the swamps of Dagobah, you have only what you take with you."

Have fun

BabuinixPhaserlightVikingir
    edited June 2017
    Aopoa Nox FAQ overview

Vikingir
    The new revamped Aurora coming in the next update:

The OTHER side ... Void Bomber

Have fun 

The reworked Cutlass Black, to release with 3.0.
    ErillionVikingir
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    I'm digging the new look of the engines.
    Erillion

The Ursa Rover, also to release with 3.0.

Erillion
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    MaxBacon said:

The Ursa Rover, also to release with 3.0.

I'm mostly impressed by the snow storm.

Reminds me of Voeld in Mass Effect Andromeda, if you had the ME1 Mako instead of the Nomad.
    azarhal said:
    I'm mostly impressed by the snow storm.

Reminds me of Voeld in Mass Effect Andromeda, if you had the ME1 Mako instead of the Nomad.
    Yeah, feels like Microtech, as it's part of Stanton so they should have been working on this sort of weather already.
    edited August 2017

The Prospector, also to release with 3.0.
    VikingirBalmong
  • StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I have been browsing the Star Citizen website the last few days and even though I'm not that into space-themed games the marketing is very well done. Took solid self control from buying a damn ship to haul some space-rocks ASAP! I really hope for everyone's sake this game works out.
    vito11
    So in past months they have talked about a "gamechanger" new ship incoming, yesterday only this bit of info arises:
    (10'30) "Haven't seen it yet" (...) "Very big ship on its way" (15'40) "Can't reveal one of the upcoming new job profession, it would give away way too much about how the game is being changed" (Would it reveal the game changer ship? "Yes")"* (...) "It is gonna be a big civilian job ship" (16'10) "Is it a terraforming ship? No plans for terraforming yet, we are exploring the tech first"
    No idea what that may be, civilian new job profession...
  • VikingirVikingir Member UncommonPosts: 162
    MaxBacon said:
    [...] yesterday only this bit of info arises:
    Source?
    Best regards,
    Viking
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    So they are trying to hype up a new ship to fleece more from the backers? Sounds like par for the course here
    Excessionvito11
    @Vikingir That show with Ben here. It's also what he says so who knows what it will be.

To be a Civilian ship and a new profession it perhaps relates to Construction or Manufacturing?
  • gir243gir243 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Sweet!  Mining and repairing was starting to get boring......
    kikoodutroa8
    gir243 said:
    Sweet!  Mining and repairing was starting to get boring......
    There is a decent variety of civilian ships but usually it's just one ship focused on that specific function. On the military side, there's always several that are capable of the same thing.

Fabrication is the only major profession we're missing that isn't superficial/fluff, that could relate to ship/parts fabrication or other gear/item stuff.
    edited September 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    @Vikingir That show with Ben here. It's also what he says so who knows what it will be.

To be a Civilian ship and a new profession it perhaps relates to Construction or Manufacturing?
    Ok, Bensday with Batgirl. I seldom watch those.

A large civilian ship and a game changer? I bet it's a farming ship. Farming needs wide spaces. Although farming is best done on a suitable planet, some things may grow better in space and then it's also mobile. They announced farming as a feature in SC about a year ago, I think, and that it'll come in alpha 3.3, so it seems logical that they're making a concept ship for farming now.

But do we need a new farming ship when we already have a farming module for Endeavor, you say? Yes, I think so. If you look at the pod for Endeavor it's pretty small, not much more than a greenhouse in your back garden, so that's hardly big enough for serious farming. Good enough for small scale farming of expensive narcotics though. Or, as a vegetable resource for long term exploration.

How big will a dedicated farming ship be? Maybe a kilometer long, rotating tube, with fields on 67%? I don't know. It'll be exciting to see. :)

Best regards,
    Viking
    Vikingir said:
    A large civilian ship and a game changer? I bet it's a farming ship. 
    But a game changer wouldn't be about something the Endeavor already has that is farming. So it should be something else if that is really a new civilian ship-based job.
    I was updating my msg. about the Endeavor pod while you replied. :)
    Best regards,
    Viking