Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daddy of Light Coming to Netflix on September 1st - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageDaddy of Light Coming to Netflix on September 1st - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV News - The international debut of the Japanese TV show based on Final Fantasy XIV is coming to Netflix on September 1st. Called "Daddy of Light", the show is based on a true story of a father and son who bond through FFXIV.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

TheScavenger

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    In before his Dad can't do enough DPS to skip mechanics in the primal, and he gets kicked.
    forcelima[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonGreyhaven
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2017
    Poor choice of wording for the title, the use of the word "Daddy" makes it seem like it would be a satire of the RPG genre.
    Excession

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Awww :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Wonder what it would be like to have an entire family in the same guild, raiding together.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Cringeworthy beyond the scale..
    zanfireExcession
    Harbinger of Fools
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Wonder what it would be like to have an entire family in the same guild, raiding together.

Lots of "the fuck you do mom? HEAL!!!"
    TekaelonExcession

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Ever have that feeling that you can feel the bullet getting ready to hit you in the head.  This is it... the bullet is coming and it's gonna hurt.
    Excession

I self identify as a monkey.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    they prolly couldnt do it for too long unless they had a maid.  the mother would be needing to cook food etc.  
    Excession

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    It's official: Japanese TV writers are totally out of good ideas.
    Greyhaven
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Another show about watching someone else playing video games. Borrrrinnnnggg.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    edited August 2017

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Ginaz said:

You're on fire!

Like after your 2 day trip to Thailand!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Torval said:
    When I played Lineage 1 my Pledge had a family from Singapore - husband, wife, grandma, and another but I can't remember. They were so cool. That game had a lot of family play together. It was an oldschool pvpve game so no real raiding but there were world and dungeon bosses.
    I once raided with a guild of 8 or so members of a dysfunctional family back in WotLK. Family drama was amazing with no progression whatsoever. My main was in a top guild and I was looking for a guild for my third alt (I can't believe I cared for WoW that much back then) when one of the half-breeds found me and insisted to join their family. They treated me like royalty because of my main being such a badass. It started out nice as in giving them tips on their builds and raid bosses but then their personal problems bled into Teamspeak. 

Once the stepfather was having an argument with his stepson because the lad wasn't visiting his mom. And in all seriousness he brought me into their fight and asked me to advise the boy. I was like "yeah mate, visit your fucking mom...". Then the stepfather said to the boy "You think I'm an old noob you maggot but listen to a man who is out-dpsing you in every fight!" 
    StoneRosesMrMelGibsonKumapon[Deleted User]KinkyAmraIceAge
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    So it's something like https://youtu.be/WgvTgV5EoGY?t=1m21s ?
     :smiley:
  • GreyhavenGreyhaven Member UncommonPosts: 38
    An oldie but....this is the first thing I thought of

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/j-pop-talk-show/n13243?snl=1