Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Commission Free Vendor is most aggresive P2W ever seen; game is RMT and even that is P2W!

2»

Comments

• Aron_SwordmasterAron_Swordmaster Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Tiamat64 said:
    Never attribute to malice that which can be chalked up to human incompetence or stupidity.

Here is the video of Markee Dragon and Chris Spears actively discussing how to manipulate the drop rate of the Crowns of the Obsidian, the Premium Currency, to keep the exchange rate between CotO and Real Dollars high.

It's not incompetence. They're doing this by design.

GdemamiRawyn
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Tiamat64 said:
    Never attribute to malice that which can be chalked up to human incompetence or stupidity.

Here is the video of Markee Dragon and Chris Spears actively discussing how to manipulate the drop rate of the Crowns of the Obsidian, the Premium Currency, to keep the exchange rate between CotO and Real Dollars high.

That the devs are actively manipulating the in game economy to keep RMT profitable is so commonplace now, it's not even kept in Dev+ anymore.  Did you see the thread where the RMT community is educating newbs on how to keep prices high?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-you-can-kill-sota-in-3-easy-and-well-intentioned-steps.87297/

This quote says it all...

"The Devs can adjust everything except you. If you choose to relentlessly price at under crafting cost, whatever your intentions, you may actually kill the entire game."

GdemamiAron_SwordmasterRawyn
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Wow, these guys are serious.  They spend hours watching RG videos and posting "mega-posts" just because they don't like the way SotA has turned out.  This is actually making me feel some sympathy for those who want to just play SotA, for whatever reason.  I kind of feel like a dick for participating in the bashing before.
    ConstantineMerusAragon100
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Kyleran said:

Yep, a "Heretic ", usually the folks out on a mission  to "save" others from making their same mistake.

While you compared this to serious real life issues which would be worthy causes worth fighting for this one isn't, just a mediocre game with a monetization model more onerous than most.

It's OK to stand down from the crusade, no animals were hurt in the making of this game.

;)

Have you actually taken the time to read any of the information you've seen linked here? Because you show no awareness of any of the content that the "Heretics" are talking about.

No animals were harmed? What about people?

In fact I beleived so much in portalarium that as soon as I could, I sold my car and my cell phone because I expected to embark on one of the greatest adventures I could not imagine...

imagine... A Lord British game without the superimposed publisher... the possibilities are ENDLESS.

But in all honesty... I have paid over a thousand bucks to be laughed at and ignored in trying to simply open doors (concepts), and know if in perhaps 2-3...5 years we MIGHT think about it ?

ok I'm outta here before I start crying again...

Did you actually take the time to read my first mega-post detailing how Portalarium's Steam moderation team were actively working to protect scammers and a team of organised abusers as long as they were defending the game? I don't think you did. Go and actually do so. 

Go and find the post I link to where Nzguzzi on Steam first comments that he's distraught because he's living hand to mouth, and feels he'll never have property.

Watch him emotionally upswing again when the claims he's found money from somewhere for the Viking Bundle. Watch how he abuses and insults me, along with the RMT organised crowd, without being censored, whilst my responses get pulled.

Click the link where, a few months later, reality kicks in and he emotionally crashes, and rages at the dev team for luring him to financial ruin. Watch as only then, when he swaps his review to negative, does he get banned for being toxic.

No animals were hurt?

Really?

What about the other user in that megapost, Zdub? Who admits to scamming others for real money in game?  The one who claims he got a permanent game ban, which was turned temporary when the reminded the Devs he'd spent more than a grand on Shroud?

Were his victims not hurt with the scam? Were future victims not thrown to the wolves by letting him back because he waved more direct funding around?

It could of course all have been lies; I was happy to just let him hang himself on his own words too... but are the industry and all it's users not hurt when Zdub declared he thought scamming people, or "economic PvP" as it's often slyly referred too, was the whole point of the game? That this is what Portalarium, through their obvious bias for constant gouging for cash and Whale funding was apparently advertising to scammers like him?

Lies or not, Portalarium chooses to protect people like the above too against backers with morals but no money for them. Portalarium have CHOSEN this toxic user base.

But no animals are hurt by doing so?

Here's the thing.  I said the part about walking away quite deliberately.  That's what you literally did; Out of sight, out of mind.  If you don't want to think about it, you don't feel it exists. And you are using the classic self defence mechanism of "Picking your Battles" whilst redefining anything you don't pick as "Not A Battle".

But it IS.

It's still harmful to other people.

And as I explain again and again to people like the spectacularly dishonest MrAdventur3, I'm also fighting the larger battles AS WELL.

I work in care. I run petitions and protest and volunteer. I'll probably be at the protest to Trump's state visit to the UK. When I'm online, in between auto-docking in Elite, or turns in Blood Bowl, or any other moment, I'm reading and writing and linking and...

I crowd sourced Shroud of the Avatar because I wanted the kind of moral, deep, intelligent, moving games Origin Systems gave us when we were young.  Now it's turned even the light hearted hobbies into Objectivist greed driven Cultist bullshit, damn right I'm going to fight back against it in my spare time too.

And so should you.

Well said Aron.

People accepting how Portalarium treated the kickstarter funders should read up on what the game were supposed to be and what it in the end turned out to be.

I have no understanding towards people saying "ok the game sucks but now it is time to move on". 

Only reason i can see for such comments is that they are still involved in the game and dislike the ongoing criticism of their game.

Aragon100 said:
    Kyleran said:

Yep, a "Heretic ", usually the folks out on a mission  to "save" others from making their same mistake.

While you compared this to serious real life issues which would be worthy causes worth fighting for this one isn't, just a mediocre game with a monetization model more onerous than most.

It's OK to stand down from the crusade, no animals were hurt in the making of this game.

;)

Have you actually taken the time to read any of the information you've seen linked here? Because you show no awareness of any of the content that the "Heretics" are talking about.

In fact I beleived so much in portalarium that as soon as I could, I sold my car and my cell phone because I expected to embark on one of the greatest adventures I could not imagine...

imagine... A Lord British game without the superimposed publisher... the possibilities are ENDLESS.

But in all honesty... I have paid over a thousand bucks to be laughed at and ignored in trying to simply open doors (concepts), and know if in perhaps 2-3...5 years we MIGHT think about it ?

Did you actually take the time to read my first mega-post detailing how Portalarium's Steam moderation team were actively working to protect scammers and a team of organised abusers as long as they were defending the game? I don't think you did. Go and actually do so. 

Go and find the post I link to where Nzguzzi on Steam first comments that he's distraught because he's living hand to mouth, and feels he'll never have property.

Watch him emotionally upswing again when the claims he's found money from somewhere for the Viking Bundle. Watch how he abuses and insults me, along with the RMT organised crowd, without being censored, whilst my responses get pulled.

Click the link where, a few months later, reality kicks in and he emotionally crashes, and rages at the dev team for luring him to financial ruin. Watch as only then, when he swaps his review to negative, does he get banned for being toxic.

No animals were hurt?

Really?

What about the other user in that megapost, Zdub? Who admits to scamming others for real money in game?  The one who claims he got a permanent game ban, which was turned temporary when the reminded the Devs he'd spent more than a grand on Shroud?

Were his victims not hurt with the scam? Were future victims not thrown to the wolves by letting him back because he waved more direct funding around?

It could of course all have been lies; I was happy to just let him hang himself on his own words too... but are the industry and all it's users not hurt when Zdub declared he thought scamming people, or "economic PvP" as it's often slyly referred too, was the whole point of the game? That this is what Portalarium, through their obvious bias for constant gouging for cash and Whale funding was apparently advertising to scammers like him?

Lies or not, Portalarium chooses to protect people like the above too against backers with morals but no money for them. Portalarium have CHOSEN this toxic user base.

Here's the thing.  I said the part about walking away quite deliberately.  That's what you literally did; Out of sight, out of mind.  If you don't want to think about it, you don't feel it exists. And you are using the classic self defence mechanism of "Picking your Battles" whilst redefining anything you don't pick as "Not A Battle".

But it IS.

And as I explain again and again to people like the spectacularly dishonest MrAdventur3, I'm also fighting the larger battles AS WELL.

I work in care. I run petitions and protest and volunteer. I'll probably be at the protest to Trump's state visit to the UK. When I'm online, in between auto-docking in Elite, or turns in Blood Bowl, or any other moment, I'm reading and writing and linking and...

I crowd sourced Shroud of the Avatar because I wanted the kind of moral, deep, intelligent, moving games Origin Systems gave us when we were young.  Now it's turned even the light hearted hobbies into Objectivist greed driven Cultist bullshit, damn right I'm going to fight back against it in my spare time too.

And so should you.

Well said Aron.

People accepting how Portalarium treated the kickstarter funders should read up on what the game were supposed to be and what it in the end turned out to be.

I have no understanding towards people saying "ok the game sucks but now it is time to move on". 

Only reason i can see for such comments is that they are still involved in the game and dislike the ongoing criticism of their game.

No, dude, we just give 1/100th the fuck that you do.  It's a game.  Make a couple of posts about how shitty it is and move on, let people make their own assessments.  Who are you saving at this point?  The whales have already invested, and the potential new players have now had five free trials to see if the game is for them or not.
    Gdemami
    edited August 2017
    Aragon100 said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

No animals were hurt?

Really?

But it IS.

And so should you.

Well said Aron.

No, dude, we just give 1/100th the fuck that you do.  It's a game.  Make a couple of posts about how shitty it is and move on, let people make their own assessments.  Who are you saving at this point?  The whales have already invested, and the potential new players have now had five free trials to see if the game is for them or not.
    I ask you the same thing you ask Aron - why are you still here?

Isn't it time to move on?

Aragon100 said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

No animals were hurt?

Really?

But it IS.

And so should you.

Well said Aron.

I'm here because I see these posts pop up in the recent posts feed and I suppose I have a morbid curiosity as to what's going on.  So I spend a brief amount of time looking at what people are saying and making quick comments.  It's a passing interest, unlike the crusade that some other users are on.  In my view, they're wayyyyyy too invested in the game.  For lack of a more original expression:  Damn, where did the bad SotA touch you?
    Aragon100 said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

No animals were hurt?

Really?

But it IS.

And so should you.

Well said Aron.

I'm here because I see these posts pop up in the recent posts feed and I suppose I have a morbid curiosity as to what's going on.  So I spend a brief amount of time looking at what people are saying and making quick comments.  It's a passing interest, unlike the crusade that some other users are on.  In my view, they're wayyyyyy too invested in the game.  For lack of a more original expression:  Damn, where did the bad SotA touch you?
    Each to their own i guess.

I can understand why this game have produced so many haters.

It's developers, community and moderators have beaten so many in their community in so many ways that it is surpricing not more have a vendetta against them.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited August 2017
    Kyleran said:

;)

No animals were hurt?

Really?

But it IS.

And so should you.

All you've done is link stories of people who made bad decisions with their money, and whether or not a functioning game is delivered, they were still foolosh decisions.

I gave MJ $110 for CU, an amount I could easily afford and totally throw away if nothing came of it. Some folks gave him $5K and more to gave their own private island.  Seems like a bad idea to me but assuming they could afford it, its their money.

If they spent their children's college fund on it, then it is just their poor decision and not mine to defend or crusade for.

No animals were harmed, you miss my point completely. Animals are innocents, and therefore should be protected from abuse and exploitation. (Same goes for minor age children and the very elderly.)

Fully functioning and capable adults,  not so much. I  may caution people against investing in Kickstarters being I'm a bit of a heretic myself from the CU experience, and mock some for backing them at what I feel  are extravagant levels but at the end of the day its not my life's mission to prevent them from doing so.

Scamning claims fall a bit on deaf ears being I'm a long term EVE player and while I don't personally scam I've dabbled in market manipulation and support the players being able to scam within the game, which can be translated to thousand of real world dollars. 

As you have meticulously posted,  there is already plenty of evidence out there for the discerning individual to make an informed decision, they would  have to be living under a rock to not know this. (Or be able to find it)

In fact, I put forth every backer should have been wary based on Richards poor track record including several crap Ultima releases, a couple which started but never launched, the Tabula Rasa fiasco (which was clearly RGs screwup despite revisionist history painting NCSoft as the villains) and finally holding his hand out to make this game which he if all people should have been able to secure proper backing for.

Whatever, it's your war to wage, not mine to stop you.

But I probably will continue to mock such efforts, mostly because I find it entertaining to do so as after all, these are just games, even if foolish people are investing their rent money into them.
    Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

No animals were hurt?

Really?

But it IS.

And so should you.

All you've done is link stories of people who made bad decisions with their money, and whether or not a functioning game is delivered, they were still foolosh decisions.

I salute players that inform potential buyers what kind of game this is.

I see no harm in doing so and i have a hard time understanding the one's that don't seem to appreciate it.
    GdemamiAron_Swordmaster
    Wow, these guys are serious.  They spend hours watching RG videos and posting "mega-posts" just because they don't like the way SotA has turned out.  This is actually making me feel some sympathy for those who want to just play SotA, for whatever reason.  I kind of feel like a dick for participating in the bashing before.
    Or maybe some of us can type extremely fast and are graduates, so skim reading and archiving and all the tools of evidence handling just comes easily...?

I mean, how much effort does having a bookmark take?
    Gdemami
    Tiamat64 said:

That the devs are actively manipulating the in game economy to keep RMT profitable is so commonplace now, it's not even kept in Dev+ anymore.  Did you see the thread where the RMT community is educating newbs on how to keep prices high?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-you-can-kill-sota-in-3-easy-and-well-intentioned-steps.87297/

This quote says it all...

"The Devs can adjust everything except you. If you choose to relentlessly price at under crafting cost, whatever your intentions, you may actually kill the entire game."

This is the same guy who asked for the community to try and warp the steam reviews. How does letting prices drop and more people engage in the market kill the game? Well, it does if the only game is making RMT profit from others...

As I said in my large post, in the Ponzi model, where you're re-selling assets rather than producing them yourself, the price naturally has to inflate for people further down the chain to turn a sale and make a profit. But sooner or later there's not enough customers, or the goods become uncompetitive against similar products elsewhere, and the market implodes.

Vlad here wants you to keep pricing high so his goods can be sold at that higher price; if you undercut him, that's actually a free market, and he doesn't want that. He's not interested in what's good for the game... he wants you to help him screw over the consumer.

You know; I was around and active when the internet first came online; the great promise was that it would educate and inform people once access to information became available.  Instead people's attention spans and attitude have degraded down to the level of TL:DR. 

The above, to me, should be obvious. So far it's taken me just over TWO MINUTES to write to this point. The problem with this kind of marketting is obvious. The comment about Steam reviews is obvious, because I can remember what I've read in the past.

Are you watching MightyUnclean...? Observe the effort required to allow me to cross check it later; all I need to do is copy and paste the link into the Raw Wiki. Which I've just done. When I have a free minute or two, we'll polish it up later.

This stuff is easy.
    GdemamiRawyn
    And just to prove it... see the time stamps on the two posts above?

It's taken me just under 10 minutes to

1.) Read this thread
    2.) Skim read the linked thread from Blorpy to confirm it contains what he says
    3.) Recall the user in question
    4.) Go to the Raw wiki and leave a note with a link for later
    5.) Return here and write the entire second post.

GdemamiRawyn
    Kyleran said:

No animals were harmed, you miss my point completely. Animals are innocents, and therefore should be protected from abuse and exploitation. (Same goes for minor age children and the very elderly.)

Fully functioning and capable adults,  not so much. I  may caution people against investing in Kickstarters being I'm a bit of a heretic myself from the CU experience, and mock some for backing them at what I feel  are extravagant levels but at the end of the day its not my life's mission to prevent them from doing so.

Scamning claims fall a bit on deaf ears being I'm a long term EVE player and while I don't personally scam I've dabbled in market manipulation and support the players being able to scam within the game, which can be translated to thousand of real world dollars. 

As you have meticulously posted,  there is already plenty of evidence out there for the discerning individual to make an informed decision, they would  have to be living under a rock to not know this. (Or be able to find it)

In fact, I put forth every backer should have been wary based on Richards poor track record including several crap Ultima releases, a couple which started but never launched, the Tabula Rasa fiasco (which was clearly RGs screwup despite revisionist history painting NCSoft as the villains) and finally holding his hand out to make this game which he if all people should have been able to secure proper backing for.

But I probably will continue to mock such efforts, mostly because I find it entertaining to do so as after all, these are just games, even if foolish people are investing their rent money into them.

I didn't miss your point; I was highlighting it, because I could see exactly what it was, and thank you for confirming it.

It's a common response from individuals who struggle to really value human lives... the kind of person who thinks Caveat Emptor is a motto, not a warning. That there's something supposedly educational in scamming people, where as an abstract perspective of innocence, one humans can never really reach, somehow justifies both the individual's lack of concern with trying to reach it, and that same individual's sense of self belief they're somehow a good person. Hey, you still care about animals, right? But people on a computer screen, they're somehow not real, and anyway a bit of scamming is good for them...

Where as I see the basic level of care for animals as the starting point. What you should do for animals is the very least you should be trying to do in life.  When it comes to human beings, with far more complicated lives and needs, you should be thinking even harder about what the right thing to do is.

Hell, even my profile image has a point; a little google search with it would reveal it's the history behind my former EM name. That's a Gotan doll.

Regarding scamming, I'd have a lot more respect for your claims if you even applied them consistently though.

You claim there's enough evidence out there. Yet you don't even have the intellectual consistency to say why you know it's out there;

Because I keep putting it back out there.

Because the same opinion manipulation you applaud in EvE keeps trying to get critical voices on Shroud deleted, banned, swamped with counter messages... but I continue to fight to put it back in the public eye.

The very crusading you complain about is the very thing which allows you to claim you're on the side of angels with regards to Shroud.  You come in late to a conversation, say well done for having it, but then ask people to shut down the effort which is the only thing allowing you to speak on it at all because personally, you're bored of it now.

By all means continue responding as you wish. I'm nowhere near narcissistic enough to not understand that other people have completely different perspectives and needs to mine. But I'm also not insecure enough to think I need to listen to every voice I hear...

As the Dead Kennedies once sang; "If we can't find a way to do better than this, who will?" 

If you think it's just about Shroud, you've not really understood at all. Who will? I will.
    GdemamiRawyn
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Kyleran said:

I didn't miss your point; I was highlighting it, because I could see exactly what it was, and thank you for confirming it.

It's a common response from individuals who struggle to really value human lives... the kind of person who thinks Caveat Emptor is a motto, not a warning. That there's something supposedly educational in scamming people, where as an abstract perspective of innocence, one humans can never really reach, somehow justifies both the individual's lack of concern with trying to reach it, and that same individual's sense of self belief they're somehow a good person. Hey, you still care about animals, right? But people on a computer screen, they're somehow not real, and anyway a bit of scamming is good for them...

Where as I see the basic level of care for animals as the starting point. What you should do for animals is the very least you should be trying to do in life.  When it comes to human beings, with far more complicated lives and needs, you should be thinking even harder about what the right thing to do is.

Hell, even my profile image has a point; a little google search with it would reveal it's the history behind my former EM name. That's a Gotan doll.

Regarding scamming, I'd have a lot more respect for your claims if you even applied them consistently though.

You claim there's enough evidence out there. Yet you don't even have the intellectual consistency to say why you know it's out there;

Because I keep putting it back out there.

Because the same opinion manipulation you applaud in EvE keeps trying to get critical voices on Shroud deleted, banned, swamped with counter messages... but I continue to fight to put it back in the public eye.

The very crusading you complain about is the very thing which allows you to claim you're on the side of angels with regards to Shroud.  You come in late to a conversation, say well done for having it, but then ask people to shut down the effort which is the only thing allowing you to speak on it at all because personally, you're bored of it now.

By all means continue responding as you wish. I'm nowhere near narcissistic enough to not understand that other people have completely different perspectives and needs to mine. But I'm also not insecure enough to think I need to listen to every voice I hear...

As the Dead Kennedies once sang; "If we can't find a way to do better than this, who will?" 

If you think it's just about Shroud, you've not really understood at all. Who will? I will.
    Then why for the love of god do you guys keep polluting every Shroud thread? You fight for what's right, give fiery rethorics, link posts and threads, and for what? You aren't saving lives, you're wasting energy on something as whimsical, futile and useless as a stupid videogame. You are passionate, you have the brains and the skill, use it for something that actually matters in the grand scheme of things, not this nonsense. We get it perfectly, you are fighting windmills here, no matter your conviction.

Go make a difference, stop striving to be King Nothing...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    MightyUnclean
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:

Then why for the love of god do you guys keep polluting every Shroud thread? You fight for what's right, give fiery rethorics, link posts and threads, and for what? You aren't saving lives, you're wasting energy on something as whimsical, futile and useless as a stupid videogame. You are passionate, you have the brains and the skill, use it for something that actually matters in the grand scheme of things, not this nonsense. We get it perfectly, you are fighting windmills here, no matter your conviction.

Go make a difference, stop striving to be King Nothing...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 

Or... you could just remember the other posts where I point out I already do those other things as well?  You say I have brains and skill... has it occurred that I also have more energy than most too? It's hardly a waste if, when I have energy to spare, I can get people to avoid wasting their money on something there's an active plan to deceive them about, is it?

I don't know about you, but I consider "Thanks for helping me avoid this terrible game!" worth doing. I think other people's experiences matter, don't you?

Indeed, I consider it something important to do even if there's a high cost to one's self. I mean, I've already answered the question on the past about how if caring for people was easy and fun, everyone would be doing it. It's not. It's hard work and often seems pointless.

But you should do it anyway because it's not about what you get out of it.

Call that being "King Nothing" if you want... but I never said I wanted to be King, or even cared about it. That's also why I never wanted Shroud to be all about spending $30,000 to have a Golden Castle either. That's why I fight for people's hobbies to remain free of literal Feudalism.

Not having the energy or even interest in preventing that is why we have Season Passes and Macro Transactions and Early Access and...  That's why you don't make a difference, and you're Serf Nothing in the Industry today.

And I'm not going to /cheer that.