Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard and Remastered Games - What's next ?

IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
So! We have SC Remastered which is very awesome.

Now , I was thinking that they did SC Remastered because they have no plans in the near future to release another Starcraft game ( we have SC 2 :) ) . So , the next game which will get Remastered ( hopeful announced at this Gamecom ), will mean that , the game will ... not see a next installment in the near future .

So , now , what game would you want Remastered? Diablo(2) or Warcraft(3)? :)

This is a hard choice , but I say I want W3 Remastered and hoping D4 or a Diablo MMO is coming soon ( enough ) :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    DMKano said:

I'd like to see Diablo 2 remastered.

D4 is inevitable - just not anytime soon.

Diablo MMO - highly unlikely.

I very much want to see a W4, but .. I think they will hold-off with this. SC 2 is nice and all , but .. in terms of "awesomeness" , they kinda .. failed a bit with it. So another RTS is , from my point if view, not a very wise decision. RTS's are in decline if you ask me. 

But .. who knows. We are talking about Blizzard :) They can always surprise us.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I'd really rather see warcraft 2 than 3, sigh...
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    DMKano said:

Yeah, it is highly unlikely and not just because Blizz seems uninterested in MMOs lately. Diablos world is excellent for short dungeon hacks but it would not be good either for a single player RPG or a MMORPG. It is not really made for anything like that, just to get you down into a huge dungeon (which certainly is fine enough for an action game).

If you want a Blizzard IP besides Warcraft to base an MMO on I would pick Lost vikings. Well, or Overwatch but since project Titan got scrapped we wont see that.

And D4 is indeed invitable eventually but I don't think we will see it until after 2022.
    Loke666 said:
    DMKano said:

Yeah, it is highly unlikely and not just because Blizz seems uninterested in MMOs lately. Diablos world is excellent for short dungeon hacks but it would not be good either for a single player RPG or a MMORPG. It is not really made for anything like that, just to get you down into a huge dungeon (which certainly is fine enough for an action game).

Well .. c'mon! You can't really say that Diablo world is good for short dungeon hacks and not for a MMO. How was Warcraft any better then Diablo in terms of lore ? Now is something different, but before WoW , I don't believe it was a big difference. 

So from all of those, I would rather see a Diablo MMO then anything else :)
    ArglebargleSovrath

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    IceAge said:

Well .. c'mon! You can't really say that Diablo world is good for short dungeon hacks and not for a MMO. How was Warcraft any better then Diablo in terms of lore ? Now is something different, but before WoW , I don't believe it was a big difference. 

What does lore have to do with anything? Diablo is always about action combat in 15 min dungeons. 

I don't see how cramping 500 people inside a dungeon will make Diablo better. Of course, if you count 4 player dungeon games with a lobby a MMO, then do make the next Diablo a MMO. Otherwise, i doubt Blizz will bother. 
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    remaster all of the Warcrafts, if it turns out to be D2 that they are working on and hired all that staff for I am going to be ultra pissed

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Myrdynn said:
    remaster all of the Warcrafts, if it turns out to be D2 that they are working on and hired all that staff for I am going to be ultra pissed

I'd say prepare to be pissed. Remaster of D2 seems far more likely at this point. WC3 will most likely see a remaster. However, since the SC remaster came out, I could see them holding off on another RTS remaster.
    IceAge
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    i doubt that they are going remaster anything else anytime soon.

1) starcraft1 is unique in that it still had a HUGE competitive following in the eastern market, with blizzard trying to push e-sports it made sense to remaster.

2) Diablo 2 is unlikely 

Blizzard doesn't want to split there D3 community, and there is already very large diablo project currently in development (possibly with mmo features). Blizzard devs have also gone on the record stating that remastering diablo2 would be more resource intensive to remaster because of some of the technical aspects involved(how character movement works was the example given i believe).

3) warcraft 3 is unlikely 

they already imported most of the art assets over to starcraft2 and would be more likely for
    blizzard to just import over the campaigns as well....instead of remastering an entire game.

4) there is a push internally towards pumping out new IPs.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Here is my standard reply: Rock n Roll Racing HD!!

That, or Blackthorne Remastered.

Not Lost Vikings, I hated Lost Vikings...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Diablo 2 makes the most sense.  It will help distract those disappointed with D3 while they work on D4, or whatever it will be called.

David Brevik thinks they have their work cut out for them if they want to make it feel the same:

http://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-2-remaster-its-going-to-be-difficult-to-make-it-feel-exactly-like-the-same-game/

But I don't think it has to feel exactly the same.

Pemmin said:

1) starcraft1 is unique in that it still had a HUGE competitive following in the eastern market, with blizzard trying to push e-sports it made sense to remaster.

2) Diablo 2 is unlikely 

Blizzard doesn't want to split there D3 community, and there is already very large diablo project currently in development (possibly with mmo features). Blizzard devs have also gone on the record stating that remastering diablo2 would be more resource intensive to remaster because of some of the technical aspects involved(how character movement works was the example given i believe).

they already imported most of the art assets over to starcraft2 and would be more likely for
    blizzard to just import over the campaigns as well....instead of remastering an entire game.

Wrong! They stated numerous times that they will bring back their classic games : Warcraft , Starcraft and Diablo  into .. HD Remakes. 

Now the question is, which will come second , as we already have SC Remastered. 

Diablo 2 is likely to be the next one, even so .. I would like to see W3 and an announcement that a new Diablo ( MMO ) game is in the works and will come in 2070 :D

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Remastered releases make me think a developer is out of ideas.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Margrave said:
    Remastered releases make me think a developer is out of ideas.
    there's always someone that wants to poo poo a developer that actually remasters games players want remastered ...

Blizzard out of ideas?  You're kidding.
    RidelynnMrMelGibson[Deleted User]
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Pemmin said:

2) Diablo 2 is unlikely 

Yes, but they've had job postings out for exactly that--remastering D2 and making its glory accessible to a new generation, or words to that effect. 

With the exception of Overwatch, which was cobbled together from their failed Project Titan MMO, there's been no new IPs in Blizzard's basket in a very, very long time.

Also using the term "pumping out" with anything connected to Blizzard is amusing.  Blizzard never pumps out anything.

Lastly, the D3 community is already split.  Split between playing D2 in its current state, complaining about D3 and playing PoE and the like.  They lose nothing in terms of community with D2.  And the sales will be astronomical.  

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited August 2017
    The lost vikings remastered ... IN 3D
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Remastering is what Beamdog and other companies have made a killing on.  How many that own D2/LOD would want to play it again and pay for a version that runs on current hardware/software.  A lot of potential income outweighs the risk.  It just makes sense for a business standpoint to do that.
    iixviiiix
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    IceAge said:
    Loke666 said:
    DMKano said:

So from all of those, I would rather see a Diablo MMO then anything else :)
    I completely agree. Heck, I even remember writing Blizzard and just saying that I would be interested in a Diablo mmorpg.

I mean, what is World of Warcraft but an mmorpg that is taken from an rts?

History and lore can be fleshed out, events can be constructed, etc.

IceAge
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    IDC.  I won't be buying any of them.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Rock 'n' Roll Racing remaster/remake!  I'm ready!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I would like to see a single player and story driven Warcraft RPG along the lines of The Witcher. Possibly even with different campaigns for different playable characters.
    IceAge

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    They're working on D2 remaster aren't they? Thought it was announced earlier this year or something.
    Albatroes said:
    They're working on D2 remaster aren't they? Thought it was announced earlier this year or something.
    Short of. The question is which will come first now. Warcraft 3 or Diablo 2 :)

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    kilun said:
    Remastering is what Beamdog and other companies have made a killing on.  How many that own D2/LOD would want to play it again and pay for a version that runs on current hardware/software.  A lot of potential income outweighs the risk.  It just makes sense for a business standpoint to do that.
    D2 in 3D is good enough reason for me to buy it again . And if they make it like skyrim then i will OMGZ take my money hahah .