Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What upcoming mmorpg are you excited for?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
I don't support indie crowdfunders but if they hit the market with a respectable paymodel I'll invest.  I've got an eye on Ashes of Creation atm.  If it delivers it might be nice.  Any unreleased mmo caught your eye?

blorpykinsRaquis

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited August 2017
    Many of them have things that are appealing IF they deliver on those promised features. AoC, CF and SC are probably the ones I'm looking forward to the most.
    blorpykins

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Pantheon is the only future MMORPG that has any appeal to me at the moment.
    kadajvolajuSiugGilcroix
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    I'm looking forward to the beta of StarCitizen in a few years.
    blorpykinsYukmarcCecropiaWanderingBlissXarko
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I am mostly looking forward to Age Of Wushu 2 and Age Of Wushu Remastered in 2018

Looking forward to Moonlight Blade coming to the west

Also waiting for more info on Project A from NC Soft and Project W from Blue Hole Studios

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    TBH, none. They all hype the fuck out of what they plan to do, but come release it's all the same old WoW clone B.S. with a different skin and a few individualized systems so they can't be sued for copyright infringement. And that's IF they actually make it to launch.....

NevereverlandPrecusor
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    I'm still holding hype for Ashes of Creation, Chronicles of Elyria, and Star Citizen.  I've given up on following CoE and SC though and just going to wait on a release announcement.  Ashes of Creation I'm hyped for, but waiting to learn more about the combat and just how open world they're going to be.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Elsabolts said:
    Assuming I live long enough I'm looking forward to its full release, say around 2025?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Ashes, Identity and New World are my top 3
    SoL I have hopes for as well.

Doesn't matter which one I choose,  looks like I have a good 2 or more years until one finally "launches" (not early access).

Add in my now standard 6 months to one year post launch waiting period and it's 3 years easy before I get to play one.

Good thing I've got 30 plus single player games on my watch list to keep me busy until then.

I will likely play Albion at some point once it settles into a groove,  and I will revisit the DAOC freeshard from time to time as my friends are still very active there.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Pantheon and Ashes are the only MMOs I am following. Both bring back heavy dependence on team focused content. 
    Kyleran
    Nanfoodle said:
    Pantheon and Ashes are the only MMOs I am following. Both bring back heavy dependence on team focused content. 
    Interesting, one likely heavily PVE focused and the other probably will be more PVP based.

Nanfoodle

• shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    none at the moment. But i have not checked out some of the above mentioned titles. Ill have to dig deeper.
    Currently enjoying EQ2
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    3 primary games I am currently focused on:

1. Camelot Unchained
    2. Pantheon
    3. Project Gorgon

You stay sassy!

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Kyleran said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Interesting, one likely heavily PVE focused and the other probably will be more PVP based.

Back in the day I used to play both EQ1 for PvE and DAoC to get my PvP fix. I may find myself doing that with these two games lol. 
    Kyleran
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Camelot Unchained, Crowfall and Ashes of Creation. Which reads Cucac. Nice eh?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    No Idea. I stopped reading up on MMO's when they started to just become the same old same old, been here before and done that just differant graphics and nothing new.

Not sure if Wild West Online counts as an MMO, but i did pre-order that one and the collectors edition too. Other than that I havent bothered write ups and hype all sound good but when the game finally pops its like seeing an overfried egg and a burnt sausage on ye plate..... yup a big dissapointment.
  • WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Ashes, CF and somewhat CoE. Can't say I am excited, rather watching from a distance.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Mainly Star Citizen, then to see what Amazon pulls of with New World (the whole sandbox approach so they say) and AoC.

For PvP'ish stuff, I'd poke on Crowfall once there's more of a MMO setup.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Camelot Unchained is definitely my number 1,dual universe has the potential to over take that for me if they can deliver what they say they wanna deliver and crowfall being a low third. i've come to the ironic conclusion that as a mostly PvE player only indie PvP mmo's are willing to do or at least try to do the things i would like to see in mmo's lol
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    TBH, none. They all hype the fuck out of what they plan to do, but come release it's all the same old WoW clone B.S. with a different skin and a few individualized systems so they can't be sued for copyright infringement. And that's IF they actually make it to launch.....

Meh, an actual decent WoW clone wouldn't be bad, but we aren't getting those.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Kyleran said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Assuming I live long enough I'm looking forward to its full release, say around 2025?

yea there starting to get alittle heat for delaying 3.0 all the time.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Ship of Heroes, Pantheon, and (hopefully) Bless Online are the ones high on my list.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Destiny 2
    madazz
  • kadajvolajukadajvolaju Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Pantheon and Legends of Aria.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I think they make more money now by not launching and selling "early access" packages instead.
    KyleranOctagon7711Viper482