Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Johnny Depp's Production Company to Produce TSW Series - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I'm in!
    [Deleted User]Azaron_NightbladeTheScavenger
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Sinsai said:
    Now this will be fun to watch.

I actually watched the Defiance series.

I think more people/companies should bring series type shows based off of games to T.V.
    While not the best sci fi show out there I quite enjoyed it too...also what an ending!
    Azaron_NightbladeMurmaiderAlomarTheScavenger

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    edited August 2017
    If I was able to find some good things about Kindred: The Embraced and still enjoy it, I certainly will be able to enjoy something out of this series too.
    Octagon7711TheScavenger
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I guess the series would revolve around the first chapter. The wild setting is a matter of interest to Mr. Depp for sure and with all the walking dead craze why not. Just have to check which network doesn't have an undead show now.
    TheScavenger
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Just tried SWL recently...It feels like the same lacking game to me....Too story driven...half the time Im not even playing....THe animations and combat are still terrible...no thanks.
    TheScavenger
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Just tried SWL recently...It feels like the same lacking game to me....Too story driven...half the time Im not even playing....THe animations and combat are still terrible...no thanks.
    Yeah, they didn't really fix the problems of the game for me. Which was the animation and combat. They made it a lot worse.

Like...go to Age of Conan...not only better character models (dunno what is up with that), but far better animations and combat. Still one of the best combat systems in an MMO. Plus had awesome classes.

But I never had a problem with old TSW. My problems were, again, animations and combat...they changed combat but made it far more floaty and less "impactful" when hitting an enemy...and animations are WORSE. That and character models but that is more minor.

Or even Conan Exiles has better character models AND better combat...but it is newer so can't really FAIRLY compare. But AoC is just far better in animation department than TSW is...

Anyway, hope the show turns out well. But...game to show has never worked out. Johnny Depp is pretty well known though. He is a good actor (imo), but definitely a very bad person who has some severe mental or anger issues or whatever to cause him to be abusive.
    ExcessionMabushii

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

, but definitely a very bad person who has some severe mental or anger issues or whatever to cause him to be abusive.

Really? Proof please.
    TheScavenger

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    edited August 2017
    I'm surprised they managed to sell their relatively unsuccessful ip. I guess the storylines in TSW were pretty good...
    TheScavenger
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Sounds good! ASLONG AS THE SKIP EGYPT!
    [Deleted User]TheScavenger

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Jonnyp2 said:
    I'm surprised they managed to sell their relatively unsuccessful ip. I guess the storylines in TSW were pretty good...
    I remember someone saying that of their old line up of games, TSW's was one of the most successful ones. If only that game had a proper budget when originally in development... that would've given the character models, graphics and animations some love... it would've probably done far better than it did back in the day.
    TheScavenger

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Please Netflix or HBO or AMC.  Just not the regular networks that churn out mostly crap imo.
    Azaron_NightbladesschruppOctagon7711MabushiiTheScavenger
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

Please Netflix or HBO or AMC.  Just not the regular networks that churn out mostly crap imo.

They churned out crap because it sells, only my 2 cents.
    TheScavenger

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Iselin said:

This could be really good on the right network. Hope HBO or Netflix are the ones who pick it up.

MTV
    MrMelGibsonTheScavenger

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836

Iselin said:

This could be really good on the right network. Hope HBO or Netflix are the ones who pick it up.

MTV
    Oh. Well that knocks this one off my radar.
    TheScavenger
  • RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Great news! Thanks for heads-up.
    TheScavenger
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Iselin said:
    Or maybe AMC?
    Just not The WB or Nickelodeon! ;)
    MrMelGibsonTheScavenger

I self identify as a monkey.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I like the idea from the intro of the people from the three factions forced to work together to deal with supernatural problems.  Plus the Orochi Group turning up from time to time.
    MrMelGibsonTheScavenger

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• congtran17congtran17 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    gaming world needs this, games are meant to be tv shows not movies, movies are too short. Look at the warcraft movie, it was good to those that know of the lore, but confuses those that have no clue because they dont have enough time in the movie to explain properly.
    AlomarTheScavenger
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    gaming world needs this, games are meant to be tv shows not movies, movies are too short. Look at the warcraft movie, it was good to those that know of the lore, but confuses those that have no clue because they dont have enough time in the movie to explain properly.
    It's still all in the execution. Gaming tv shows have also been a thing and have also been mostly flops.
    MrMelGibsonTheScavenger
  • CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    this game is only bad until lvl 50... after that the game become a pay2progress nightmare. Extremely bad optimized, no customer support, a lots of bugs and a repetitive and boring gameplay. One of worst games ever played by me.
    [Deleted User]
  • PC_FerretPC_Ferret Member UncommonPosts: 49

Get ready for effeminate pirate zombies!

I don't think anyone's ready for that!
    TheScavenger
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    That sounds rly interesting. Looking forward to see this. Hope we get that to see here in Germany.
    TheScavenger
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Johnny Depp spent several hours in Children's Hospital here in Vancouver the other day.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3670132/johnny-depp-visits-vancouver-childrens-hospital-dressed-as-capt-jack-sparrow/

Cool guy
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonTheScavenger

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    laserit said:
    Johnny Depp spent several hours in Children's Hospital here in Vancouver the other day.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3670132/johnny-depp-visits-vancouver-childrens-hospital-dressed-as-capt-jack-sparrow/

Cool guy
    He was also Hunter S. Thompson's best bud for years. If life were a D&D game, Depp would definitely be in the Chaotic Good camp :)
    Octagon7711laseritMrMelGibsonTheScavenger
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Let's get this party started! Here's a warm up trailer.
    [Deleted User]SovrathMyrdynnTheScavenger

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey