Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are not more people playing this game here ?

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    thunderC said:
    I was told unless you have a absurd amount of free time to avoid this game and that it was pointless to try and play it casually.
    Heh, none MMOers say that about the entire genre and have said it since M59 came out.

But the more PvP a game have the harder it tends to be playing it casual, or that is at least my experience.
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Renoaku said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Not of a fan of click to walk. Also for a phone game, IMO it's a little pricey. I know it's multi platform but it looks and plays like a phone game. 
    Well for a phone game the graphics are pretty bad compared toi Nexon's titles even though I don't actively play them.

https://hitmobile.nexon.com/en

So why the graphics are so low in Albion?

Because they have to display more characters and mobs on a screen than any nexon game..

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited August 2017
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/68915-Albion-Informer-S1E06-The-Iron-Bank-Drama-Are-Gold-Sellers-Costing-You-Silver/?postID=647616#post647616

The Iron Ban Incident, another big flaw in the game, and the moderators / Admins trying to sweep it all under but it wasn't able to be done.

If I understand correctly gold sellers can bid on plots and completely screw over players.

Basically they said it could never be done again so if someone pays illegal money for land you can lose everything );.

Why do they not take care of the problem where it is prevent gold from being exchanged to silver immediately.

GdemamiExcession
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112

Because it's not fun? The dungeons are ugly, simplistic and repetitive with little to no diversity. The grind is phenomenal, you haven't met a grind until you've played Albion Online into higher tiers. Some great ideas throughout (Hellgates) and a nice set of gathering, crafting and farming *ideas*, but generally poor execution on every one of them. Disappointing.

I soooooo wanted to love this game and get into it, and was around for all the betas and the release. But eventually I gave up and moved over to the PoE 3.0 release and haven't looked back.

[Deleted User]Kyleran

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I was fooled into believing that Albion was "just like EVE" Online, because of various forum posts here on mmorpg.com.

So I bought early access and after less than 20 hours I realized I was bored and had done everything the game had to offer. Whereas in EVE I am 1000 + hours in, since 2009, and still have barely scratched the surface in some ways.

Albion is a tablet game. A browser game. It's probably the most disappointing game I've played in a decade.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]darkhearts
  • ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    edited August 2017
    The game is only online 50% of the time, that could be a reason. Also the game cant handle more than 100 players in 1 zone which is about 1/5 of what is actually happening so the game is unplayable the way it was designed to be played. Incompetence. 
    GdemamiKylerandarkhearts

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    hearing this did it for me...

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

edited August 2017
    Albion Online's new User Agreement / Threat to ban players who accept items given by other people without the user of Real Money?

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/70017-Really-SBI/?pageNo=1

So finally the company acknowledges that people give away items in attempt to get others banned, or commit fraud, and innocent people can unknowingly lose their accounts?

So basically if someone is on "Team Speak" for example or "Discord" and talks to another user of their guild they want banned and be like I have an alt, and that alt has a different IP address and they commit fraud then give away thhe items to the player or trick someone else into accepting the person just using an in game function can lose their account.

I mean all you have to do is "BRB" Let me log on my other character I got the stuff on there im going to give you on discord, and the guild member will think such u log on a different account and give away stolen goods they accept in good faith hand banned.

Anyone else see a problem with this?
    Excession
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Renoaku said:
    Albion Online's new User Agreement / Threat to ban players who accept items given by other people without the user of Real Money?

So finally the company acknowledges that people give away items in attempt to get others banned, or commit fraud, and innocent people can unknowingly lose their accounts?

So basically if someone is on "Team Speak" for example or "Discord" and talks to another user of their guild they want banned and be like I have an alt, and that alt has a different IP address and they commit fraud then give away thhe items to the player or trick someone else into accepting the person just using an in game function can lose their account.

I mean all you have to do is "BRB" Let me log on my other character I got the stuff on there im going to give you on discord, and the guild member will think such u log on a different account and give away stolen goods they accept in good faith hand banned.

No one except you and all the other people who do shady things.

People join guilds, use the market and don't accept tens of millions of silver from a complete stranger like you did.
    MrMelGibson
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Renoaku said:

You actually made me more likely to try this than I was before.  A game getting serious about gold sellers?  Yes please!!!
    ForgrimmMarcus-[Deleted User]KyleranMrMelGibson

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited August 2017
    BruceYee said:
    Renoaku said:

No one except you and all the other people who do shady things.

People join guilds, use the market and don't accept tens of millions of silver from a complete stranger like you did.
    Thanks haven't checked this thread for awhile, but this is quite easy to get someone into trouble, lets say for example, I am a member in a guild and the "Guild Master" is asking for help  in "Team Speak, or Discord.

For example.

Guild Masters name is "BOB"

He says he needs like 50k gold, or a bunch of various items.

So on discord, I basically am talking to him and I really hate BOB I want to make him go away.

So I tell him "Sure BOB, I can give you 50k gold, or (X) items you need and help you, I have to hop on my other character.

"So basically I actually change accounts, and chracters, I hop on my VPN so they can't link it to my main account, and I commit an act of Fraud, and give the guy 50k currency, or other items which came from an account, perhaps even run a hack or bot to cheat the game on that specific account before giving him the items and even report myself for cheating anonymously or whatever theres various methods of this.

"BOB" Gets banned for accepting currency or items from an illegal gold sellers account, meanwhile I am free to now take over "BOB's" guild.

Meanwhile in BOB's defense there is no proof or chat logs in game because we were on discord, he tries to appeal and it gets denied.

See why this can be a problem, I do agree for the most part people will be using the "I was gifted thing" to commit fraud and try to lie their way out of it, but the smaller percent even 1-2% of those people such as myself who just traded for outside favors, or received currency or items from whom we believed to be friends get punished this is what I don't agree with and I think their company needs to do a better job, at preventing the cheaters from being able to do this type of activity in the first place.

I have no problem with the company banning gold sellers, or gold buyers when it can be proven 100%, and I never trade with such people knowingly so I am all for it when SBI tried to keep a cheat free game.

Although lets look at the other fact.

When I personally got into trouble myself, this was during the final beta before launch, the developer said that the currency I got came from a "Fradulent" Charge from some other jackass who decided to do illegal activity which I did not knowingly know about or trade with, but regardless the developers knew about it.

What is the developers fault?

How the game was allowed to go "Live" when they knew the game had a lot of gold sellers doing illegal activity, instead they could have launched the game still but disabled "Gold to silver trading", until the came up with a better solution to prevent illegal gold sellers from committing fraud, and ruining the in game economy, but instead they didn't do this and my question is why they didn't.

And because of this we have "The Iron Bank Incident", which had nothing to do with me but gold sellers supposedly illegally bid on their property and now they need a bunch of currency refunded and plots, which btw could have been prevented too.

So meanwhile becauseof all this not done on launch properly the cheaters have already skilled up their accounts and cheated "Unfairly" gaining a huge advatnage over all the legitimate players.

I know obviously I am at fault for accepting a trade in good faith totally my fault for trusting others as I should be able to in online games, but there is much that could have been prevented in this game in regards to the whole fraud and whales cheating hard-core bidding on plots and laundering currency.

ExcessionKyleranGdemami
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Just couldnt find a real reason to play the game. Have about 70 hours logged. got tired of not really having a point to it, and as a smaller team player, the end game gvg stuff didnt appeal to me. 
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    boris20 said:
    Just couldnt find a real reason to play the game. Have about 70 hours logged. got tired of not really having a point to it, and as a smaller team player, the end game gvg stuff didnt appeal to me. 
    You get an awesome for the simple and terse explanation.

Heck, I'll toss in  +1 too.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• slgreen30slgreen30 Member CommonPosts: 1
    I've been playing since the final beta and into release. I am probably going to let my time with the game run out.

The fact that it sounded like a modern Ultima Online running on Linux attracted me. Unlike some who have said they hate the ISO view and won't touch it, I hate the First person types of games and won't touch them (two sides)

From my perspective this game is far too easy. There is little challenge or complexity to the crafting or economy. As an example: the number of different potions is very small around four at each level. but the levels are paired so for level 1 group A is available, at level two group B at level three more powerful group A so on with only minor twists.

There are two main ways to advance your character gold or grind. If you grind up your Island, which I have done to level 5-6, gathering resources etc. You grind a lot. But all the resources you need are there in the market place. If I wanted the next level island I could just throw some $ get some gold and buy everything I need. Building a house gives you experience regardless how you acquired the resources. Now that the value of gold is getting higher I don't see why it would make sense to grind for the resources rather than just buy them.

This is where I am stuck right now. I don't see the point of grinding if I can just buy it outright. The grind is the part I like, but ultimately unfulfilling because of gold. I could probably earn a lot of silver selling resources but am not interested in that.

This game is not complex enough or hard enough to keep me long term. It amused me for a couple months.
    pantaroOzmodan
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    I bought it, played in beta for a while.. too much of a grind, I just don't enjoy the never ending resource grind. 
    Pick your grind. All MMOs have 'em.

Option 1: Resource grind
    Option 2: Quest grind
    Option 3: Level grind
    Option 4: Legendary weapon/armor grind
    Option 5: PK grind
    Option 6: Achievement grind
    Option 7: Crafting grind
    Option 8: Currency grind
    Option 9: Skill grind

Shall I go on?

If the real problem is grind, you should stop playing MMOs.

PurplePoloPlayervito11pantaroViper482Xarkoalivenjohn25301MaelzraelGaendric

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Last poster,you nailed it on the nose and why a lot or most games are a RACE.Devs have not created games where anyone can just pop in and join,does not encourage new players,instead it is a race and nothing more.
    Yep over time,markets,AH's all that stuff will be flooded with items.A game's economy is really tough to design,there is always going to be a fine line of HOW MUCH,do we get for rewards or from selling to npc's etc etc.

When i seek out a new mmorpg,i look at all the small details,crafting,economy design,rares if it is a simple Tier game or in depth,i look at it all.I don't just take a devs word for anything i have to actually play a bit and see for myself.Sometimes i will even sit and look over an auction house to figure out how the game is working long term and over all levels.

The bigger picture,i hate tiered gaming, i want ALL levels to be important,i want crafting to utilize ALL levels of items and not just say a level 100 item needs level 100 area items to craft it,that would be a lazy lame design.

So yeah point being,i never thought Albion would be that good,not at all,you need to look deep into a game design before just jumping in,although i am seeing it all over,so many new games get a large crowd instantly because gamer's are so bored.

I have a very easy school of thought...If a developer cannot AFFORD to make a game,there is a VERY good chance they cannot afford the time or cost to design in depth systems.
    pantaro

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852
    edited September 2017
    A brand new MMO , sandbox , pvp

Is this not something many constantly wish for on this forums.
    So why are not more people here playing it ?

Because the game is not Sandbox. I have been playing for a month, and what I have to say is..

the similarity to UO ends at top down isometric view...

This is not a Sandbox game, by any stretch of the imagination. The gameplay is pretty much defined.

This is a Hybrid Design, an Open Ended, Territorial Conquest Game. It is more Kin to Lineage II than UO, and it is also very inspired by EVE Online, as a result it has reproduced some of the less desired aspects of EVE its Dystopian Setiup and some of its Dystopian player base.

You will not be forming a Musical Band that roams the towns and villages perfroming here.

You get drafted and get on with the program, choose the path you wish to go and level it and then join one of the Guilds/Alliances and start fighting for some territory in the outlands. That is basically the game in a nut shell.

If you like that sort f game, you will have fun in Albion. It has a narrow variety of players it appeals to unfortunately even if initially it attracted a wide variety of players since many thought it to be a Sandbox. Many left after the 1 month premium ended.

I still play it, there is potential for it to go to a better direction. If they make the necessary changes. and besides I still have another couple of months premium so for now just going through the loops and hoops. Lets see the major update and decide then. most probably I will be in Albion till something better comes along such as Crowfall or Camelot unchained. Worlds adrift has my attention as well and I hear a new Isometric game too Arcfall (what is with all these Fall's in games lattely?) which has open housing like UO...and not instanced like Albion.

Albion is a Zone based game too, The zones are small and not seamlessly connected, you have specific nodes where you can enter and exit the zones.

One of its Unique features is that you can change abilities and role on almost the fly by wearing different gear. Of course, provided that you have leveled tha gear so that you can wear it.

That is the other coin of the "You are what you wear", which should be "you are what you grind to wear"...

Nevertheless overall if you pick one type of gear and weapon you can progress it fairly fast, meaning in a rl months time. Maybe 1 to two weeks of played time.

And fortunately the difference in gear between the tiers is not that big either. The median Gear is T4 it is also what most use in hostile areas where you can lose it.

In that regard raising all the skills to T4 is possible so, you could be what you wear in T4, beyond that though it is along term proposition.

Game is rather grindy and repetitious with some times sinks and tediums. There are not enough Open Dungeons to go to so many people just repeat Instanced Expeditions over and over to skill up.

Crafting is even more of a grind, and the longest skills to raise are gathering skills. You will do much gathering in this game if you want to be efficient crafter.

There is another way to raise crafting (by simply studying items you buy) which some people use but that is not a sustainable way, because you cannot depend on the market prices which are very inflated and high to be buying your mats for crafting.

Since gathering is based on rarity and not a surplus, right now crafting materials are more expensive in some cases than the crafted gear.

This is a downside of emulating EVE setup too much...by spreading resources on gradually more and more hostile areas.

Why they did that I believe is to push people towards the core of the game which is Territorial Conquest and conflict, however, this is a small game and a small map, unlike EVE...plus..in EVE you do not need to mine something or craft something to raise your skill. Skills are raised in passive mode.

In Albion you are ion active mode, so they expect the average player seeking to raise their crafting to T7/T8 to venture in to alliance territory to do it?

Who goes to 0/0 to mine if they are not part of the owning Corp or alliance in EVE? No one..so why they expect players to do it here..is beyond me, design oversight, is my best guess.

Something is really wrong with the setup here..it is not fitting with a land based game. it fits EVE maybe because it is in Space, but not here.

We will see how it evolves, but I hope the answer to the OP question lies within this reply. Again, if you like this type of game and fit the player profile you can have fun in it. Remember though it is not Sandbox.
    Kyleran
    - Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • TheReporter1000TheReporter1000 Member CommonPosts: 5
    edited September 2017
    Albion online all around pretty much sucks!  The game claims to be a sandbox type game but yet they force the same people that want to craft and do gathering into PVP zones in order to be able to gather those materials.  What the clueless developers of Albion Online don't seem to understand is that not everyone wants to PVP and some of us are just happy gathering and crafting. 

If it was a true sandbox game then the players  should not be forced into PVP and
    all materials from tier 1 to tier 8 should be able to be gathered outside of PVP
    zones and they should not force the players into PVP areas if they do not want to
    go there.

Basically all this game turns into is another giant gank fest where once you get past
    tier 4 materials for crafting anyone that wants to do crafting gets ganked
    repeatedly over and over again by teams of gank squads who roam around the
    zones. There are 8 different tiers of materials you can get up to tier 8.

Also the servers seem to be pretty piss poorly run too you will be running around a
    zone collecting materials then boom all of a sudden you are logged out of the game and you have to log back in again.  There are no connection issues on my side what so ever I can go do everything else just fine. It is on the server side.

Or I have had a few times where I could not even connect to their login server to be able to log into the server again it isn't my connection it is on the server side I could surf and do everything else normally except connect to the game.

The servers are over crowded with 13 year old kids masturbating every time they kill a crafter and steal their stuff.

The game is also full of bots as well out gathering materials and
    you do a /report on the bot and nothing gets done about it
    seems the admins of this game don't give a shit as long as they
    get your money.

This is absolutely the worst "Sandbox" game I have ever seen.
    I use the term "sandbox" lightly for this game because really it isn't
    because a true sandbox game would not force a person who wants to
    craft to go into PVP zones to get materials and you should be able to just
    craft all the way up if you wish without having to do PVP.

Albion online got the whole open world PVP concept totally wrong.

Customer service on this game is rude and uncaring and they really don't give a shit. 

The game is NOT free either I saw some sites advertising the this game is free to play it is not you have to buy a "starter pack" which ranges anywhere from $29.95
    USD (Veteran) up to $99.95 USD (Legendary) and then after that you can purchase
    a "premium" to be able to keep other perks in the game and pay a monthly fee of
    $9.95 USD a month.  This game is in NO way free to play!

Avoid this game at all costs the player base is toxic and rude and just full of assholes.

Rating of Albion Online 1/10

KyleranTealaGobstopper3DGdemami
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i was interested in the game but cause they want to release it on mobile devises the graphics and gameplay sucks.
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    I float in and out of this game.  Its fun but...idk...I just get bored of massive ZvZ and GvG...not to mention playing as a healer is pretty brutal, especially when solo.  With that said, i'm looking forward to the Arena and PvE updates.
    KyleranBruceYee
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited September 2017
    I bought it, played in beta for a while.. too much of a grind, I just don't enjoy the never ending resource grind. 
    Pick your grind. All MMOs have 'em.

Option 1: Resource grind
    Option 2: Quest grind
    Option 3: Level grind
    Option 4: Legendary weapon/armor grind
    Option 5: PK grind
    Option 6: Achievement grind
    Option 7: Crafting grind
    Option 8: Currency grind
    Option 9: Skill grind

Shall I go on?

If the real problem is grind, you should stop playing MMOs.

Not all grinds are created equal; this is intellectually dishonest and way too general to really solidify any point.
    Gdemami
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Suraknar said:
    A brand new MMO , sandbox , pvp

Is this not something many constantly wish for on this forums.
    So why are not more people here playing it ?

Because the game is not Sandbox. I have been playing for a month, and what I have to say is..

the similarity to UO ends at top down isometric view...

This is not a Sandbox game, by any stretch of the imagination. The gameplay is pretty much defined.

This is a Hybrid Design, an Open Ended, Territorial Conquest Game. It is more Kin to Lineage II than UO, and it is also very inspired by EVE Online, as a result it has reproduced some of the less desired aspects of EVE its Dystopian Setiup and some of its Dystopian player base.

You will not be forming a Musical Band that roams the towns and villages perfroming here.

You get drafted and get on with the program, choose the path you wish to go and level it and then join one of the Guilds/Alliances and start fighting for some territory in the outlands. That is basically the game in a nut shell.

If you like that sort f game, you will have fun in Albion. It has a narrow variety of players it appeals to unfortunately even if initially it attracted a wide variety of players since many thought it to be a Sandbox. Many left after the 1 month premium ended.

I still play it, there is potential for it to go to a better direction. If they make the necessary changes. and besides I still have another couple of months premium so for now just going through the loops and hoops. Lets see the major update and decide then. most probably I will be in Albion till something better comes along such as Crowfall or Camelot unchained. Worlds adrift has my attention as well and I hear a new Isometric game too Arcfall (what is with all these Fall's in games lattely?) which has open housing like UO...and not instanced like Albion.

Albion is a Zone based game too, The zones are small and not seamlessly connected, you have specific nodes where you can enter and exit the zones.

One of its Unique features is that you can change abilities and role on almost the fly by wearing different gear. Of course, provided that you have leveled tha gear so that you can wear it.

That is the other coin of the "You are what you wear", which should be "you are what you grind to wear"...

Nevertheless overall if you pick one type of gear and weapon you can progress it fairly fast, meaning in a rl months time. Maybe 1 to two weeks of played time.

And fortunately the difference in gear between the tiers is not that big either. The median Gear is T4 it is also what most use in hostile areas where you can lose it.

In that regard raising all the skills to T4 is possible so, you could be what you wear in T4, beyond that though it is along term proposition.

Game is rather grindy and repetitious with some times sinks and tediums. There are not enough Open Dungeons to go to so many people just repeat Instanced Expeditions over and over to skill up.

Crafting is even more of a grind, and the longest skills to raise are gathering skills. You will do much gathering in this game if you want to be efficient crafter.

There is another way to raise crafting (by simply studying items you buy) which some people use but that is not a sustainable way, because you cannot depend on the market prices which are very inflated and high to be buying your mats for crafting.

Since gathering is based on rarity and not a surplus, right now crafting materials are more expensive in some cases than the crafted gear.

This is a downside of emulating EVE setup too much...by spreading resources on gradually more and more hostile areas.

Why they did that I believe is to push people towards the core of the game which is Territorial Conquest and conflict, however, this is a small game and a small map, unlike EVE...plus..in EVE you do not need to mine something or craft something to raise your skill. Skills are raised in passive mode.

In Albion you are ion active mode, so they expect the average player seeking to raise their crafting to T7/T8 to venture in to alliance territory to do it?

Who goes to 0/0 to mine if they are not part of the owning Corp or alliance in EVE? No one..so why they expect players to do it here..is beyond me, design oversight, is my best guess.

Something is really wrong with the setup here..it is not fitting with a land based game. it fits EVE maybe because it is in Space, but not here.

We will see how it evolves, but I hope the answer to the OP question lies within this reply. Again, if you like this type of game and fit the player profile you can have fun in it. Remember though it is not Sandbox.
    Yes ... you are 100% right.

I left too. The game was fun a bit. And it has potential maybe. But at the moment its really paint by the numbers - even more than non sandbox MMO.

Beside from that leaving of players left the game unfeasible for single player.

SuraknarGdemami

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Albion online all around pretty much sucks!  The game claims to be a sandbox type game but yet they force the same people that want to craft and do gathering into PVP zones in order to be able to gather those materials.  What the clueless developers of Albion Online don't seem to understand is that not everyone wants to PVP and some of us are just happy gathering and crafting. 

If it was a true sandbox game then the players  should not be forced into PVP and
    all materials from tier 1 to tier 8 should be able to be gathered outside of PVP
    zones and they should not force the players into PVP areas if they do not want to
    go there.

Basically all this game turns into is another giant gank fest where once you get past
    tier 4 materials for crafting anyone that wants to do crafting gets ganked
    repeatedly over and over again by teams of gank squads who roam around the
    zones. There are 8 different tiers of materials you can get up to tier 8.

Also the servers seem to be pretty piss poorly run too you will be running around a
    zone collecting materials then boom all of a sudden you are logged out of the game and you have to log back in again.  There are no connection issues on my side what so ever I can go do everything else just fine. It is on the server side.

Or I have had a few times where I could not even connect to their login server to be able to log into the server again it isn't my connection it is on the server side I could surf and do everything else normally except connect to the game.

The servers are over crowded with 13 year old kids masturbating every time they kill a crafter and steal their stuff.

The game is also full of bots as well out gathering materials and
    you do a /report on the bot and nothing gets done about it
    seems the admins of this game don't give a shit as long as they
    get your money.

This is absolutely the worst "Sandbox" game I have ever seen.
    I use the term "sandbox" lightly for this game because really it isn't
    because a true sandbox game would not force a person who wants to
    craft to go into PVP zones to get materials and you should be able to just
    craft all the way up if you wish without having to do PVP.

Albion online got the whole open world PVP concept totally wrong.

Customer service on this game is rude and uncaring and they really don't give a shit. 

The game is NOT free either I saw some sites advertising the this game is free to play it is not you have to buy a "starter pack" which ranges anywhere from $29.95
    USD (Veteran) up to $99.95 USD (Legendary) and then after that you can purchase
    a "premium" to be able to keep other perks in the game and pay a monthly fee of
    $9.95 USD a month.  This game is in NO way free to play!

Avoid this game at all costs the player base is toxic and rude and just full of assholes.

Rating of Albion Online 1/10

You really don't understand the concept of a FFA PVP sandbox world.

You don't have a "right" to do anything, including top tier PVE and crafting.

You want to do those,  join a group who will make such territory available to you.

Even in EVE you cannot mine the best ores unless you go into 0.0, and though.the game will let you train for them its a bit pointless if a player never goes into 0.0.
    Sovrathpantaro

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
     RNG is the one feature that makes me hesitant to play new MMORPGs because it is the one thing I have no control over. I can grind if I need to but I sincerely have the most horrible luck when it comes to rolling for items and stuff like that so the RNG is the single thing I will avoid unless the end game holds no interest to me like Black Desert which I played in spite of RNG because I don't like end game PvP as a goal.
    Chamber of Chains
  • majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418
    edited September 2017
    Because it was supposed to be free at release. They said it would be for years then at the last minute decided to charge us! I am not going to pay for it before I get to try! Been screwed over way to many times to do that again!