Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolcen Lords of Mayhem :TB2 and new trailer

ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
edited November 2018 in General Gaming
  Been playing this for near a year now another update and a new trailer , Game is really coming along nicely..

http://store.steampowered.com/app/424370/Wolcen_Lords_of_Mayhem/

Post edited by Scorchien on
Excession[Deleted User]bartoni33

Comments

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Looks interesting, will give it a try.

Thanks.
    TheScavenger

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Scorchien said:
      Been playing this for near a year now another update and a new trailer , Game is really coming along nicely..

How far along is the story? I backed this back during the original KS and I have it installed, but haven't even launched it yet. Honestly, I really don't even want to until there is a full story to be had. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    CrazKanuk said:
    Scorchien said:

How far along is the story? I backed this back during the original KS and I have it installed, but haven't even launched it yet. Honestly, I really don't even want to until there is a full story to be had. 
    The story is definitley not intact , just placeholders for the time being to test content .. Its fun , but if you arent interested in testing mechainics , and want the entire story ..hold out , you wont be disapointed
    bartoni33Gorwe
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Scorchien said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Scorchien said:

The story is definitley not intact , just placeholders for the time being to test content .. Its fun , but if you arent interested in testing mechainics , and want the entire story ..hold out , you wont be disapointed

Thanks!! Yeah, I'll wait. I can't see how I could possibly be disappointed. I thought I was just throwing money into a well with this one. $10! That's it! 
    bartoni33

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Wolcen has reached o.5.1

http://steamcommunity.com/games/424370/announcements/detail/1439315797585871184

Much improved tutorial area , streamlining the learning experience and explaining the systems in place much better , And a much better Boss fight at the end :)

Melee feels great, very responsive and impactful , as does magic .. Ranged still needs some attention , Ive submitted my feedback on that ...
      I really feel a better balance overall in the Umbra/Rage mechanics

Game is really coming along nicely, looking forward to the next update

[Deleted User]
    Torval said:
    Do you know if they plan on going with respecs or rerolls? I'm interested and I've been casually following their updates, but I've not heard a firm answer on this yet. I know for now they're allowing respecs while it's in test. I'd be curious if you've heard anything about this.
       Im assuming you are speaking of the passive tree. As of now its free to respec , there been talk of an increasing in game gold cost to respec , But nothing confirmed ...

As far as general wipes .. yes more are coming ..

[Deleted User]
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    What sort of control options are there? wasd, click-to-move or controller?
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited August 2017
    Shaigh said:
    What sort of control options are there? wasd, click-to-move or controller?
    Will there be Gamepad support ? Keyboard Rebinding ? WASD Controls ?
    Keyboard rebinding is available. Gamepad support is planned. WASD controls isn’t planned at the moment but we are considering it.

https://trello.com/b/xK5tEdL6/wolcen-lords-of-mayhem-roadmap

Shaigh[Deleted User]
     TB2 is next week ...

Torval said:
    Good because I can't go back to playing the alpha anymore.
    TB2 is the next big step for them , again its a big testing phase of particular systems as they prep for Beta ..

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Been waiting for this update for a long time. I think it will be the update that will allow me to decide whether or not it has potential to be a game I dig into.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Once the reworked game is available it is going to be fun! 
    Been waiting for this update for a long time. I think it will be the update that will allow me to decide whether or not it has potential to be a game I dig into.
    Well , a lot of systems will be off for TB2 , passive tree, much of the story , housing etc .. So would be hard to judge a game based on 1/2 its systems , and the other 1/2 is in for testing ..
    Scorchien said:
    Well , a lot of systems will be off for TB2 , passive tree, much of the story , housing etc .. So would be hard to judge a game based on 1/2 its systems , and the other 1/2 is in for testing ..
    Still though. I bought into this game a long while back. It has been slightly impressive, but mostly a series of disappointments. They are putting this out as a playable version of what they are attempting to offer. 

You have been a proponent of this game for a while. I've been skeptical since I bought in. I remember like six months ago you were acting like it was buyable and I was trying to say it wasn't ready. I think that the fact they are now talking about releasing a better version 6-9 months later is proof that people should not have bought into it back then.

It is not ready to buy at this point. I'm curious to see where it's at after this patch, but I definitely don't understand why someone would support this product before this patch. It is literally annoying to play at this point. It's an ARPG that you can't commit to because it is inevitable that it will be changed and doesn't have a solid system in place yet.
    I said it had a playabe alpha , and have always stressed that is in testing and that one should wait if they did not want take part in testing .. ive said it dozens of times .. Its very simple really
    Scorchien said:
    I said it had a playabe alpha , and have always stressed that is in testing and that one should wait if they did not want take part in testing .. ive said it dozens of times .. Its very simple really
    And I'm not challenging that part of what you are saying. Just a few posts up you said:

"Melee feels great, very responsive and impactful , as does magic .. Ranged still needs some attention , Ive submitted my feedback on that ...
    I really feel a better balance overall in the Umbra/Rage mechanics "

And I strongly disagree with what you say here. I think you are giving it WAY more credit than it deserves at this point. The FEEL of the game is still not ready in my opinion. 

I will say that I'm obnoxiously picky about gameplay, but even so, this one is not near ready when it comes to gameplay. IMO.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Hmmmm.....
    Time to look into it again i think. Nice to see that things come together tho.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This is  on my wish list. I hope it will shape up well and release with more content.

edited November 2018
    Scorchien said:
    And I'm not challenging that part of what you are saying. Just a few posts up you said:

"Melee feels great, very responsive and impactful , as does magic .. Ranged still needs some attention , Ive submitted my feedback on that ...

And I strongly disagree with what you say here. I think you are giving it WAY more credit than it deserves at this point. The FEEL of the game is still not ready in my opinion. 

I will say that I'm obnoxiously picky about gameplay, but even so, this one is not near ready when it comes to gameplay. IMO.

Ive been testing it since the first alpha , of course i would feel very disticnt differences in systems .

And in each build some systems have been dialed back .. I see you like to cherry pick .. Not a good look .. All my thoughts on each build and recomendations are there for anyone to read ..

The staemnet you cherry picked was from over a year ago , and some of those sytems were dialed back for TB1 testing specifics , if you were reading the Dev forums you would know that ..

And as i said  some systems will not be in TB2 like the Passive tree(a very uniquie spin they have put on theres) .. have you tested it to be able to judge it , or the housing ,and synergies.. I have , alot were you there 2 years ago to know and feel the difference in the Umbra/rage system ..

I was and have given feedback the entire time to the devs , i spend more time testing games these days than playing them (gotta change that :)

I hope it delivers what you are looking for , i really do , i belive its going tom be a great game in the end , Hope ya stick around to see it thru ..
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

Ive been testing it since the first alpha , of course i would feel very disticnt differences in systems .

And in each build some systems have been dialed back .. I see you like to cherry pick .. Not a good look .. All my thoughts on each build and recomendations are there for anyone to read ..

And as i said  some systems will not be in TB2 like the Passive tree(a very uniquie spin they have put on theres) .. have you tested it to be able to judge it , or the housing ,and synergies.. I have , alot were you there 2 years ago to know and feel the difference in the Umbra/rage system ..

I was and have given feedback the entire time to the devs , i spend more time testing games these days than playing them (gotta change that :)
    Yeah, I actually like that you like the game as much that you do. I just didn't (and don't) agree with you when you said it was ok for people to buy it (in a terrible state IMO). And in my opinion, it is still in a terrible state. I don't like watching someone try and convince people that something is more ready than it is just because they like the idea of a game.
    edited November 2018
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

Yeah, I actually like that you like the game as much that you do. I just didn't (and don't) agree with you when you said it was ok for people to buy it (in a terrible state IMO). And in my opinion, it is still in a terrible state. I don't like watching someone try and convince people that something is more ready than it is just because they like the idea of a game.
    To be fair ive always stressed its in good Alpha state( and i lead that post with ver 5.1, with a direct link from devs that includes all issues and state of game  .. of testing . if someone does not know what an alpha and testing is and goes expecting a complete game .. well then .. shame on them ..

I also said in the same thread directly above waht you cherry picked ..

" Its fun , but if you arent interested in testing mechainics , and want the entire story ..hold out , you wont be disapointed"

Ive never tried to convince anyone to run out and buy the game , i just report on state of game at builds ..

I also had a Giveaway contest here and gave away 3 copies here, and plan on more in the future ..
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

To be fair ive always stressed its in good Alpha state( and i lead that post with ver 5.1, with a direct link from devs that includes all issues and state of game  .. of testing . if someone does not know what an alpha and testing is and goes expecting a complete game .. well then .. shame on them ..

I also said in the same thread directly above waht you cherry picked ..

" Its fun , but if you arent interested in testing mechainics , and want the entire story ..hold out , you wont be disapointed"

I mean... I can't disagree with that. We definitely have a different perspective on the game. But I think it would be shitty of me to accuse you of dishonesty about the project. I don't think you are dishonest. I never have. I just disagree about the state of the game and am still wondering whether or not they can deliver on the promise (which if they do, I will be extremely happy). 

But like I said. I just can't buy into this one, mostly because of how shitty I view this progress and communication. This patch is the decider for me.
    New Dev Q&A , lots of great info , as they have closed out TB2 and head to Beta ...

[Deleted User][Deleted User]JeffSpicoli
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Ive stepped my foot in the door every 5 months or so. Yes progress is slower then Id hope for, but I feel this will end up being a great game. They are not rushing garbage out the door, and have a solid foundation they are building upon. This will be my next big ARPG that ill be sinking time into when its complete. 
    [Deleted User]JeffSpicoli