Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Emojis blocking text

KinringKinring Member UncommonPosts: 104
I keep running into peoples posts which have emojis blocking the bottom line of text in the post. Is there anyway to turn these damn things off? It is increasingly annoying.

bartoni33

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Same problem.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    They should make it so you hover your curser over the reaction icons to see who liked disliked etc.
    bartoni33
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    DMKano said:
    just remove emojis. Heck remove all buttons other than quote
    You're no fun anymore!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• KinringKinring Member UncommonPosts: 104
    DMKano said:
    just remove emojis. Heck remove all buttons other than quote
    How do I remove the emojis?

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Can you post a screenshot of the issue so we can work on fixing the issue?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited August 2017
    Meddle said:
    It seems to only happen in certain circumstances. Anyhow I am not proficient in screenshots so go to the Shadow of War micro transaction thread, 2nd page 7th post down lahnmir's post, the mini avatars cover his last words. And 2 posts below his too  R3d.Gallows for another example.
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    I get it as well.

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Same issue for me. Are you guys running 4K resolution by any chance?
    I get it as well.

Thank you Bi.Daddy, that is exactly what I am experiencing. It gets really annoying when there are multiple and you can not even guess at what the words are.

I tried switching web browsers (Crome to Mozilla), but it was the same for both browsers.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Meddle said:
    It's been that way ever since the switch to this version of Vanilla on the posts by anyone who doesn't use a sig. The easiest workaround is to have a sig.

Maybe you could auto-insert a couple of extra blank lines at the bottom of all posts? IDK if that's possible or if the formatter would truncate that automatically. 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    I added some space to the bottom of the message so the overlap shouldn't occur any longer.  You might need to clear your browser cache to see the changes.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    edited August 2017
    I've been having the same issue as well.

Edit:  @Meddle Thanks bud, issue appears resolved :)
    Meddle said:
    I added some space to the bottom of the message so the overlap shouldn't occur any longer.  You might need to clear your browser cache to see the changes.
    Thank you! Much appreciated!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited August 2017
    @Meddle

Thank you.

Though you might want to read your official bug report thread a bit more. Ridelynn posted this issue on June 1st and some of us had already added empty signatures because it seemed like it was impossible for you to fix.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7175443/#Comment_7175443

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    While we're at it, since the site update, pressing enter while entering a message does not advance the cursor to the next line for me.  I posted this in the official bug thread, too.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Looks like @Kinring has what it takes to get this stuff fixed. The rest of us are just chopped liver

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7175443/#Comment_7175443
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Meddle said:
    Thanks, problem solved. :)