Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Trial to Run From August 9- 30th - Shroud of the Avatar - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFree Trial to Run From August 9- 30th - Shroud of the Avatar - MMORPG.com

Shroud of the Avatar News - If you're STILL on the fence about Shroud of the Avatar, you will have another opportunity to check out the game from today through August 30th. Of course the caveat is that there are more than a few restrictions on the trial account, but the silver lining is that all progress is saved should you choose to invest in the game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Isn't it still in development or P2A?
  • HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116
    edited August 2017
    In my opinion they keep running these fee trials because its such a bad game. This one is nearly a month long. Just not many people playing it. They nickle and dime you on stuff. You two can spend thousands of dollars on housing etc. Really? Dont believe me? Check out their store link... https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538
    BruceYeeaustinmawSlapshot1188LeFantomeCopperfieldmrputtsShadanwolfdarkopexhasho83Abydos-CDDand 1 other.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Tabula Rasa was pretty good.
    XarkoAgent_Josephwarsaber1375hasho83ZoeMcCloskeyAbydos-CDDJoseph_Kerr
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Who knows, maybe they'll harpoon another couple of whales.
    NildenblorpykinsaustinmawConvaelLeFantome3domxyzercrimeStoneRoseshasho83Talonsinand 3 others.
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496

Howry said:

In my opinion they keep running these fee trials because its such a bad game. This one is nearly a month long. Just not many people playing it. They nickle and dime you on stuff. You two can spend thousands of dollars on housing etc. Really?

Dont believe me? Check out their store link...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538

Wow, those prices are exorbitant!
    Gdemami
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Howry said:
    In my opinion they keep running these fee trials because its such a bad game. This one is nearly a month long. Just not many people playing it. They nickle and dime you on stuff. You two can spend thousands of dollars on housing etc. Really? Dont believe me? Check out their store link... https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538

The best stuff is in the player market - and they love paypal FF.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/player-marketplace.73/

Roin
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

Howry said:

In my opinion they keep running these fee trials because its such a bad game. This one is nearly a month long. Just not many people playing it. They nickle and dime you on stuff. You two can spend thousands of dollars on housing etc. Really?

Wow, those prices are exorbitant!

Wow they can stick their game and store pricing right up their greedy asses!
    Asm0deusmrputtshasho83

I retired retroactively..Haha

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Seems like this game is constantly in a free trial.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    How much did it cost to make this?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Free Trial to Run From August 9- 30th . The game is empty as hell... also, it will be free to play in a few months. They already have a greedy store in place. So.. why not.
    AllerleirauhAron_SwordmasterTheocritus

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
  • mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

Howry said:

If you pay those prices you deserved to have your money taken from you
    GdemamiAron_Swordmaster

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• shalhassanshalhassan Member UncommonPosts: 43
    I kickstartered the game, and have tried it so many times. No matter what I do I can't get into it.

I think it's either the combat or the lack of direction, but I never feel like playing it again, unless I force myself to.

Hopefully the trials help, despite my opinion, a lot of works seems to have been put into this game.
    Abydos-CDD

"A single battle you have won, but so quick to think that this will be the end? I, like fear, am eternal, and in your dreams, I shall forever haunt."

• cowboyazcowboyaz Member UncommonPosts: 12
    The shroud, the shroud, the shroud is on fire...It don't need no water, let the fothermucker burn, burn fothermucker, burn...
    Aron_SwordmasterPhaserlightNyghthowler
  • FreelancerNDFreelancerND Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I backed this game two years ago, I think. Nothing practically changed since then. A tweak here, a tweak there, some graphical bells and whistles from engine upgrade. But the game itself plays the same.
    I do install it every two "releases" or so, you know, to check if anything changed. No. It never does.
    Aron_SwordmasterLeFantome
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Howry said:

Houses that cost hundreds of real dollars !!!!!
    Aron_Swordmaster
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    edited August 2017
    I tried it what almost 2yrs ago i think now. I was not impressed in the game back then, seeing the prices of the store items i gagged. I thought Star Citizen was pricey, but they have a contender in that catagory with them now.

I was thinkign of taking another look but i think i will pass. I mean $3200 for a house, $55 for cosmetic angel wings... come on.
    Aron_Swordmaster
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Howry said:

Houses that cost hundreds of real dollars !!!!!
    They have golden castles for $30,000 on the seedinvest thing.
    GdemamiAron_SwordmasterJoseph_Kerr

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Aron_SwordmasterAron_Swordmaster Member UncommonPosts: 181
    edited August 2017
    Howry said:

The best stuff is in the player market - and they love paypal FF.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/player-marketplace.73/

Those of you who have followed the game on Steam will often see the claim made that "You can buy anything in game in game gold!"  ... but this is actually Real Money Trader snake-oil speak for "The deed will go into a trade window, and if someone asks for gold, you can click accept".  Technically, it could be got that way...

IT DOESN'T MEAN AN RMT IS ACTUALLY GOING TO TAKE A REAL MONEY LOSS AND SELL IT TO YOU FOR GAME GOLD HOWEVER. THEY'LL ALWAYS WANT CASH OR THE RMT EQUIVALENT IN GOLD.

Because gold itself is legal to RMT in Shroud too.

This is why I consider the remaining Shroud community and moderation so willingly dishonest and toxic.  They know that property is locked off behind real dollar values. They know there's no fixed price NPC that sells the Lot deed you need to place a home upon; even if you're 50 users down the ownership chain of a particular deed, the only way it came into game was someone spending literally tens of thousands in real life first. And they're going to want some of that value back.

What's worse, the community abuses and harasses people who try and point this out, because they see you as getting in the way of their business, of stopping them making a profit from lying to people about Shroud in the hopes they'll squeeze some RMT off them before they give up. 

And Portalarium actively defends those users when they try and do so, to the point of removing anyone's response, leaving the abuse up, and allowing the RMTs to spam 2 year old links to the front page to scroll anyone's criticism off to page 2.  Read the part from "REALLY take an interest" to see examples of Portalarium doing just that. Indeed long after I leaked all the private correspondence with the moderation team to show they not only had been made aware of all the abuse, and how the RMT user Dark_Knight had set up a group of friends to abuse people warning others about how the sales he was talking about didn't contain the items he had to know weren't being traded, the actual abuse to this day remains uncensored.  Portalarium honestly doesn't care about anyone who points out the problems with the game. Just keep that money coming in.
    GdemamiLeFantomeAbydos-CDDRufusUO
    bcbully said:
    They've spent over $17m so far, taken in approaching $20m with the Seedinvest and recent begathons now. 

It was Kickstarted for $2m and a Dec 2013 launch date with 5 promised episodes. They're *still* claiming Episode 1 won't be complete until Q2 2018 now.
    LeFantome
    That stunning community again, Shroud watchers. 

Someone just made a post pointing out they've noticed RMTs are using their own sock puppets to fake sales of goods at far lower than market place, being both "buyer" and "seller", to persuade others to sell them at the lower price, then flipping the item later at a truer market value.

Organised and blatant sock puppeting on the forums? But... we were told this never, ever happens and not to even suggest it as a joke!

Except... Oh no! Your wife will kill you etc!

Extra bonus points; see which kind of community behaviour doesn't need to be archived, and which does, because of the ridiculous moderation that favours RMT above your actual community!

GdemamiLeFantomeRufusUO
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    carp game scum developers!
    LeFantomeFreelancerND
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

bcbully said:

They've spent over $17m so far, taken in approaching $20m with the Seedinvest and recent begathons now. 

It was Kickstarted for $2m and a Dec 2013 launch date with 5 promised episodes. They're *still* claiming Episode 1 won't be complete until Q2 2018 now.

I can't wait to see those episodes...lol. Also, I'm sure they will try an another kickstarter for EP 2 . A solid wake up call is waiting for them..

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    I always seem to find stuff like this when a few days have already passed, though ya kinda waited 2 days before sharing :-P
    TheScavenger

imageimage

• GnoggGnogg Member CommonPosts: 4
    This inside scoop on the RMT scene is great. I knew the MMO scene was bad these days, but holy shit. This is next level predatory cash grabbing.