Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes: Mage and Ranger Ability Icons

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
So what do you think some of them mean?

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Few things, if they stick to only 8 skills, could they be planing for consoles in the future? Also the Mage icon with an image of 3 people, is that copies of the mage that do damage? That would be cool. Maybe add a random TP so you dont know what one is the mage =-)
    [Deleted User]
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    My thoughts on the Ranger spells, left to right:

1. basic bow attack
    2. more powerful bow attack, with longer refresh
    3. a snare or rooting bow attack
    4. a longer range attack
    5. a powerful bow attack, that has a cast time
    6. a bow attack that pierces through multiple targets in a straight line
    7. aoe arrow volley
    8. ranged buff for increased accuracy or damage with ranged attacks, like hawkeye in eq1
    [Deleted User]NanfoodleKyleran
    --------------------------------------------
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Let me know when there's gameplay to show.
    Kyleran
    edited August 2017
    For Mage
    1. Channel type spell, magic missiles. Common attack low mana low damamge
    2. Fire Ball, DD, Med/High Damage Med/High mana cost
    3. CC Ability, putting a PC or NPC in a block of ice, short timer. If they take damage ice breaks and CC is broken.
    3. Encases the caster in a block of ice, can take no action. Ice block break after set duration or X amount of damage is exceeded. 
    4. Lighting target AoE. Everything in the target area takes Med damage
    5. Think that is the levitate spells that adds damage shield in all the videos.
    6. Copies of the caster, Caster is TP to one of the 3 locations at random. Copies do or do not do damage but mirror casters actions for X amount of time.
    7. Earth Shock spell, target PC or NPC, everything in it path takes low/med damage, target takes med/high damage with maybe a stun effect. 
    8. Some self buff that help the casters do more damage. Maybe short duration for burst damage with long cool down. 

Kyleran
    Torval said:
    The 3 person mage icon could be a simulacrum type of spell or a blink or maybe a teleport. Mage spells can be hard. I see a rain of arrows type of skill/spell too under the ranger and a pin down snare or root. Guild Wars pin down skill has a very similar icon. I always liked that one.
    I think its mirrors of the caster as well because the icon looks like a mirror but all guess work here. I also dont think its a blink as they have shown in a few videos the ability to levitate a distance and with that comes a damage shield. I dont see mages getting 2 escape spells that travel distance. 
    Torval said:
    The doppelgangers should have health so an enemy attacking it wouldn't dispel it right away. How much health and how it works could depend on factors like the mages level, intelligence, and such.
    Also these are the base skills. They will get enhanced by picking your second class, race and other factors in the game like religion and maybe crafting. 
    [Deleted User]
    edited August 2017
    Torval said:
    And hopefully race will affect some skills. I'd love to see racial variants, although that can end up a balance nightmare and lead to other problems.
    With the base classes, Secondary Class and Race leads to 512 augmentation options before you get into religion and the other ways you can augment you skills. Most augmentation will be a horizontal progression. So not so much more power just different options to how you will augment your skills. As far as balance, core skills is where that will come from but I am sure this will still lead to this being a huge balance issue. I am interested to see how they do this. Below is a good video on this. Basic but thats mostly what we have for now.

Post edited by Nanfoodle on
    [Deleted User]