Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2018 Overall Production Roadmap (updated 19th January)

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Herase said:
    If he means all games including consoles, I would agree with you, been some really good releases this year. If he means MMOs, then he's right inho lol 
    Very true indeed.  In MMO terms things are in a rather meh reality, this is why one Alpha Update of SC is indeed for me more exciting than the list of upcoming MMO's.

Especially for those who come from places like SWG, Freelancer or even EvE.

Gdemami
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    edited August 2017
    I'm going to try and predict the future and say that many other released buggy mmos will still have more content than the buggy MVP release of Star Citizen ;)

Now lets wait, wait, wait, wait, wait and eventually see what the release of Star Citizen will look like ;)

..Cake..

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    Odeezee said:
    it's all coming together. the funny thing is that "we" are getting hyped over an alpha more than released games or those coming out, haha.
    What does that tell us about many of the currently released games .... ?   ;-)

Have fun
    That your eyes have problems and can't see good games when they release?

Those who can read have an advantage.

I said "many", not "all".

Have fun

Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    Odeezee said:
    it's all coming together. the funny thing is that "we" are getting hyped over an alpha more than released games or those coming out, haha.

Have fun

Those who can read have an advantage.

I said "many", not "all".

Have fun

An advantage in what? :)

Not my fault you're concentrating on the bad games to promote SC :)

VikingirZandogMaxBacon

..Cake..

• StellaBellaStellaBella Member UncommonPosts: 32
    A schedule with fancy colors on it means nothing if you can't even come remotely close to keeping it.
    Phaserlight
    edited August 2017
    sgel said:
    I'm going to try and predict the future and say that many other released buggy mmos will still have more content than the buggy MVP release of Star Citizen ;)

Now lets wait, wait, wait, wait, wait and eventually see what the release of Star Citizen will look like ;)
    Hmmm

I think content will be a fun story when SC side of the crafted missions with the shiny characters, voice acting, the landing zones and all, is pushing in a direction of what you'd find in EvE but supported by game systems, the emergent play, the generation of content on the fly.

It's a smart idea I think to sustain the game, things like players stuck in space generating rescue/refueling/repairing missions, scanning out to salvage someone's blown up ship wreck, and all the type of what you'd call an emergent play that goes beyond that limited content bar, a side of the PvP nature that can sustain itself.

That is a defining factor in longevity when players generate content to each other depending on what they do, we will indeed wait and see what will be achieved.
  • VikingirVikingir Member UncommonPosts: 162
    edited August 2017
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    Odeezee said:
    Maybe it's my eyes, but I'd rather say it's my expectations to what a game should be, which is why I haven't played any games in 20 years and at the same time waiting for something like Star Citizen to come along. Nothing else has tempted me to play. If I'd be diplomatic I'd say that the current way of making games (SC excluded) is not doing the gamers any favors, quite the opposite. But then again, I'm not your average gamer. :)
    Gdemamibartoni33ExcessionShaighrpmcmurphyMaxBaconZandog
    Best regards,
    Viking
    Vikingir said:
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    Odeezee said:
    Maybe it's my eyes, but I'd rather say it's my expectations to what a game should be, which is why I haven't played any games in 20 years and at the same time waiting for something like Star Citizen to come along. Nothing else has tempted me to play. If I'd be diplomatic I'd say that the current way of making games (SC excluded) is not doing the gamers any favors, quite the opposite. But then again, I'm not your average gamer. :)
    If no game has tempted you to play in 20 years and only SC has, then you obviously have a problem or have no idea where to find good games.

Maybe you're weird and you need games to charge you for in-game content 7 years in advance, for you'd play them :P

bartoni33MaxBacon

..Cake..

Now that 3.0 is locked to the completion of 7 remaining features and the testing phases it becomes more solid to predict the release.

The given testing frames of just 1-2 weeks on Evocati seem very unrealistic, I'd put the Evocati phase in 4 weeks, so so could be safer to assume mid-August to start and mid-September to end, then the normal PTU that is shorter could indeed be from 2 to 3 weeks, what makes it from late September to early October.

Waiting to see how this flows, will be much easier to tell once Evocati finally starts.

ExcessionGdemami
    sgel said:

If no game has tempted you to play in 20 years and only SC has, then you obviously have a problem or have no idea where to find good games.
    Maybe it's because I have specific requirements that these games didn't meet, and maybe you and I have different opinions on what a good game is.
    bartoni33rpmcmurphyMaxBaconGdemami
    Best regards,
    Viking
    Vikingir said:
    sgel said:

Maybe it's because I have specific requirements that these games didn't meet, and maybe you and I have different opinions on what a good game is.
    Yeah I'm sure you had such specific requirements that not a single game in 20 years of game development has ever been able to fulfill.. or even better, not a single game in 20 years is good.
    They are all shit.

What game was good before those 20 years then?
    Let me guess.. was it Wing Commander? :) :)
    You should have said you're Ben Lesnick mate.
    Hello!
    bartoni33ScotchUprpmcmurphyZandogkikoodutroa8MaxBacon

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Vikingir said:
    sgel said:

Yeah I'm sure you had such specific requirements that not a single game in 20 years of game development has ever been able to fulfill.. or even better, not a single game in 20 years is good.
    They are all shit.
    Just accept that someone has different views and opinions than yourself. It shouldn't be very hard, even for you.
    sgel said:

You should have said you're Ben Lesnick mate.
    I am not Ben Lesnick.
    rpmcmurphyMaxBaconGdemami
    Best regards,
    Viking
    So which game was good for you 20 years ago that no other game in the last 20 years managed to compete with?

Still waiting.
    MaxBacon

..Cake..

You can wait as long as you want, you don't get an answer until you ask politely. And since you already blew that chance then it's too late. Maybe you'll see I comment on this another time in another thread.
    sgelMaxBaconGdemami
    Best regards,
    Viking
    Vikingir said:
    You can wait as long as you want, you don't get an answer until you ask politely. And since you already blew that chance then it's too late. Maybe you'll see I comment on this another time in another thread.
    hahahahahha :D :D 
    VikingirZandogkikoodutroa8MaxBacon

..Cake..

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Vikingir said:
    I am interested also, this would bring us to 1997, CR just started with Digital Anvil.
    May I ask which game you played back then?
    MaxBacon

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Vikingir said:
    Good sir, may I ask what game are you referring to? I am flummoxed at the moment as to what game you are referring to and would be relieved to understand your position, sir.
    MaxBacon
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vikingir said:
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    Odeezee said:
    Herase said:
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    Odeezee said:

Have fun
    If he means all games including consoles, I would agree with you, been some really good releases this year. If he means MMOs, then he's right inho lol 
    So, unless you count MUDs that leaves Meridian 59, Furcadia, Nexus: TKotW, Terra, Darkeden, and Tibia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_games

HFWT
    MaxBacon

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

edited August 2017
    Vikingir said:
    I am interested also, this would bring us to 1997, CR just started with Digital Anvil.
    Vikingir said:
    Good sir, may I ask what game are you referring to? I am flummoxed at the moment as to what game you are referring to and would be relieved to understand your position, sir.
    Strawman's question. Sorry, but no. :)
    rpmcmurphyMaxBaconExcessionGdemami
    Best regards,
    Viking
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Vikingir said:
    Vikingir said:
    Vikingir said:
    Lol others asked politely so you deny them as well. lemme guess you've played other games but now don't want to admit it because it would then put your entire argument on shaky ground?

If I'm right don't answer, answer with a snide/dismissive remark or a remark that completely avoids answering or just mark it a wtf or lol.

MaxBaconScotchUp
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Vikingir said:
    Vikingir said:
    Vikingir said:
    Sorta  obfuscatory answers there?  Or maybe there just isn't an answer.   Shrug.
    MaxBacon

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I think some of these hardcore fans are a little bit deranged tbh. Dropping $20,000 on somebody who was run out of the business 15+ years ago is not logical, no matter how you look at it.
    MaxBaconKefoZandogVikingirExcessionOdeezeeScotchUp
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    I'd like to suggest everyone just admit Vikingir lost the argument and move on, but then there'd be a lot less activity and entertainment in this thread.
    ExcessionOdeezeeErillionMaxBacon
    edited August 2017
    This thread is a point to it you know... It's been days (5 days) of waiting for people to drop this witch hunt and move on to the next one.
    Excessionrpmcmurphy
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    This thread is a point to it you know... It's been days (5 days) of waiting for people to drop this witch hunt and move on to the next one.
    Funny you see it as a witch hunt when people are asking him what game he played 20 years ago that was up to his standards. 

Maybe asking for clarification to what someone said is considered a witch hunt in bizarro world?
    MaxBaconTalonsin